Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how far back you've read in this particular thread, but what I'm hoping and waiting for the most in the short-term is that SideshowAlex (sideshow employee posting here) is able to pose 3PO and R2 together on the same level for a few photos. Anyone who's also followed the R2 thread should want to see this pretty badly. ;)

These threads go wide and deep, and I hope they didn't pose R2 and Threepio apart on purpose. I already have R2 ordered... he better come up to 3PO's lower chest, not below his waist!:pray:

I have to say that 3PO looks TONS better in that video than any picture I have seen so far. Looks like real metal. Still not sold on the shade of "gold" -- wish it were just a tad warmer, more orangey -- but he looks great there.

This video give much more depth and volume to those 12". I'm even more impatient to have them in hand.

I've done some quick Photoshop image movement and at this point, with the photos available, the 3PO-R2 height ratio seems off. I can't tell if the issue is with one or both characters, but R2 appears too short next to 3PO, which is unfortunate.

Save these images for reference later on:

CN5hh.jpg

Empireendshot.jpg

R2D2-C3PO_EP4-KEY-63_R_8x10.jpg

R2D2-and-C3PO-Star-Wars.jpg

1375146811.jpg

Last edited:
I've done some quick Photoshop image movement and at this point, with the photos available, the 3PO-R2 height ratio seems off. I can't tell if the issue is with one or both characters, but R2 appears too short next to 3PO, which is unfortunate.

Hah! I did the same thing! I am not encouraged... I tried it with a couple different angles too.

r21.jpg2011-03-15-c3po_r2d2.jpg

Hah! I did the same thing!

My results, using a different source image, came to just about the same results. I wanted to use a different source to compensate (differently) at least a little bit for perspective. And I tried to be generous and forgiving, but no matter how much I let slide, I just can't see them being the correct heights. The difference is just too great to be made up by the issues with the photo(s). Even without having them lined up it's pretty easy to see that R2 is far less substantial than he should be compared to 3PO. He's short, but he's a fat bastard of a little guy. ;)

My results, using a different source image, came to just about the same results. I wanted to use a different source to compensate (differently) at least a little bit for perspective. And I tried to be generous and forgiving, but no matter how much I let slide, I just can't see them being the correct heights. The difference is just too great to be made up by the issues with the photo(s). Even without having them lined up it's pretty easy to see that R2 is far less substantial than he should be compared to 3PO. He's short, but he's a fat bastard of a little guy. ;)

Maybe we got this all wrong and R2 is perfect and 3po is too short? lol :dunno I tried to be generous in lining it up too, but nothing seems to account for the difference.

How is it that a random Japanese company that made a clock got it right and major toy manufacturing companies cannot? I hope we are proven wrong when the final result comes out. Here is a picture of my Tamashii 3po with Taito Clock R2D2.

IMG_6390.jpg

I think sideshow purposely didn't put them together and put Threepio on a stand so we wouldn't ***** and moan about the height. Fingers crossed they prove me wrong and put them together on Sunday.

I think sideshow purposely didn't put them together and put Threepio on a stand so we wouldn't ***** and moan about the height. Fingers crossed they prove me wrong and put them together on Sunday.

They could be 100% perfect and we would still find something to**** and moan about :lol

It's funny because if you look at the R2 inside the ship he looks smaller than the one in the Tatooine shot even though he's leaning back which would make him smaller than when he's upright like in the ship. I believe there were a couple of R2's made for ANH and they may not have been exactly the same size? :dunno

Save these images for reference later on:

CN5hh.jpg

Hah! I did the same thing! I am not encouraged... I tried it with a couple different angles too.

View attachment 123246

Even though the difference is minimal, "desert" R2 and "indoor" R2 aren't the same size due to larger "allroad" wheels on the earlier.

Back