Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok - so those recent side by sides are a good reference now - cheers to the poster there. :clap

The previous 'side by sides' weren't that at all; the shot was taken on a skewed diagonal angle, so these are great. Anyway, R2 is obviously still too short.. but not by much I guess. 3PO's finish also looks really nice in some of the recent pics too!

In addition to the other chin & neck spike gripes, I still think there's something up with the size of the knees & lower legs, depending on the pics you're looking at. I guess it's another case of skewed internet photo perspective to a degree.. hmm. The knees being swollen & the lower legs looking scrawny.

I'm just really looking forward to the specs now. Piston assembly & torso detail, should get cleared up definitively by that stage.

While the details on this are slowly starting to emerge, one thing is certain, we cannot judge SS until production pieces releases. Which SS is known to drop the ball, like I said, I will be ordering this but I don't think we'll see the same level as the prototype.

Thanks for posting that, Puay! It's an official tour of the SSC display.

One thing that's a little confusing, I guess due to the chaos of SDCC, but a few days ago SideshowAlex posted re 3PO:

"That is the finished figure. He is missing some accessories though that will be revealed once he's up for Pre-Order."

But Mike Tolentino from SSC, giving that tour on the video, says:

"(this is) our 3PO, still in development, but we wanted to show this for sure..." and then "He's in very early development..."

Thanks for posting that, Puay! It's an official tour of the SSC display.

One thing that's a little confusing, I guess due to the chaos of SDCC, but a few days ago SideshowAlex posted re 3PO:

"That is the finished figure. He is missing some accessories though that will be revealed once he's up for Pre-Order."

But Mike Tolentino from SSC, giving that tour on the video, says:

"(this is) our 3PO, still in development, but we wanted to show this for sure..." and then "He's in very early development..."

I think SideshowAlex was talking about R2 and not 3PO. 3PO has the plaque that clearly says prototype..

R2 balloon mode, piston detail, surface finish, chin, neck spikes...

whew. I can finally say that based on all the pics seen to date, I'm happy enough with both the droids to buy them and enjoy them.

8079473011.jpg

CN5hh.jpg

Just as I wrote when we saw the first side-by-sides:

Kuat of Kuat said:
They look fine to me. The top of Artoo lines up with the bottom of the disc on Threepio's torso.

And considering that:

Kuat of Kuat said:
...Artoo doesn't have wheels, which makes him taller in some photos.

Sideshow's R2 doesn't have any wheels, so he's actually too tall. :lol

A ruler won't cut it if you want to be dissatisfied with these two. This is a job for vernier calipers :lecture

View attachment 123762View attachment 123761 I don't see how they aren't in scale personally

I think height's fine - it doesn't have that obvious mismatch of scale of the Medicom versions.

SSC R2's torso doesn't quite look wide enough (and R2's "shoulders" should be wider than 3PO's,) but with R2 slightly in front of 3PO in the iconic pose, it will be fine on display.

If you want to burn some time, play with superimposing the images. Don't use the angled SSC photo though if you want accuracy. It's shot from above - you can tell that it's distorted the perspective significantly - if not, then try the superimposing with it to verify. See how you can see the top of R2's dome (the blue circle)?

Doing this you'll be able to verify that R2's own proportions of width/height are a very good match to the movie stills.

And that the two figures are off by close to 1/4" (using the height provided on the specs as the base line reference). No one should need calipers to see that. :lol

I think that Bib Fortuna might be a shade undersized (only the one in the front). Everything else looks fine though. :rotfl

Back