XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So by that logic they should just stop making comics too... It's not adding up :lol

Yea, I agree it's odd. You would think comic book based characters shouldn't be impacted by Fox owning the movie rights. Basically, it probably boils down to people not wanting to get sued by some technicality and thus are erring on the side of caution.

Lol true....but these aren't movie character representations. :dunno

doesn't matter...marvel sold them the rights to X-men...

So by that logic they should just stop making comics too... It's not adding up :lol

Fox owns the MOVIE rights to X-Men and the FF. Their license doesn't extended to the comics, Marvel still owns the characters and can publish or promote them in any way they want outside of the movies...

Marvel wants those movie rights back so that they can make movies about their own characters now that they have their own studio to do so...Fox wants to keep the Marvel characters because those movies bring them profits. So Marvel, in order to cut the amount of potential profits Fox could make, is cutting as much merchandising as they can to make sure there's not much out there for movie goers to see or buy in support of the movies. Merchandising promotes not just by direct sales of the merchandise, but it also raises awareness that the movie is coming or is out. Marvel wants to hurt that until they get the movie license back.

True, comics and movies are 2 different representations of the characters, but even comic versions of the characters can create awareness for the movies.

The X-Men and FF are still appearing in comics though. And merchandise planned before the Marvel cut seems to still be coming out in most cases.

Fox owns the MOVIE rights to X-Men and the FF. Their license doesn't extended to the comics, Marvel still owns the characters and can publish or promote them in any way they want outside of the movies...

Marvel wants those movie rights back so that they can make movies about their own characters now that they have their own studio to do so...Fox wants to keep the Marvel characters because those movies bring them profits. So Marvel, in order to cut the amount of potential profits Fox could make, is cutting as much merchandising as they can to make sure there's not much out there for movie goers to see or buy in support of the movies. Merchandising promotes not just by direct sales of the merchandise, but it also raises awareness that the movie is coming or is out. Marvel wants to hurt that until they get the movie license back.

True, comics and movies are 2 different representations of the characters, but even comic versions of the characters can create awareness for the movies.

The X-Men and FF are still appearing in comics though. And merchandise planned before the Marvel cut seems to still be coming out in most cases.

Ah, appreciate the breakdown. This makes a lot of sense. Basically, Marvel/Disney is curtailing any merch that promotes X-men in order to devalue the movie rights. So, sucks for us collectors who just want our X-men statues.

They are. Marvel announced canceling all of the current FF runs. The gang will only be featured in other characters comics.

They were sick of giving fox ideas.

They are. Marvel announced canceling all of the current FF runs. The gang will only be featured in other characters comics.

They were sick of giving fox ideas.

I do not think that is entirely true, FF has traditionally been not the most popular of books. The only time I ever really cared about it was when Hickman was on the book. Mr Fantastic is interesting in New Avengers but I have no desire to read the FF series. I believe this is most likely just due to sales, look at all the X titles that are still going and being promoted. They are not just cutting books to **** with Fox

I may try to get one and just have this be the one Wolverine statue in my collection. I'd like an X-Force Wolvie to go with my Deadpool but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Well bro.... To be fair Hawkeye is low stock on the website after being released for PO only a week or so ago. And as amazing as Hawkeye was done it's still Hawkeye. Wolverine is a whole nother animal. Literally :lol
This

Wolverine is a huge name. A lot of people will be desperate to own this including myself

Also I think SS did a pretty good job with there Hawkeye PF but that didn't fly of the shelfs either which for most of us outside Asia will be a lot cheaper to buy

Once this is sold out though good luck in getting one of these for a decent price

This

Wolverine is a huge name. A lot of people will be desperate to own this including myself

Also I think SS did a pretty good job with there Hawkeye PF but that didn't fly of the shelfs either which for most of us outside Asia will be a lot cheaper to buy

Once this is sold out though good luck in getting one of these for a decent price

:lecture Yes, I think Wolverine is going to sell just because it's Wolverine. He's one of the most popular characters out there. Hawkeye, while awesome is a B character at best that I think most people will skip while waiting for another must-have character (that's my case, and I think I've seen someone else say the same in the Hawkeye thread)

Up until now I have only collected Star Wars but after seeing the quality of the work and the way XM is handling their business I decided this Wolverine was a piece good enough to warrant stepping out of my SW only focus

Deposit has been paid and now just playing the waiting game with everyone else :)

Back