Hot Toys Iron Man 3 MMS 1/6 "Bones" (Mark XLI) - MMS251

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These things sell like hot cakes , can't blame Chang. But as long as some of the IM revenue goes to my damn DX Batman Returns line (Bats with glider attachment, please) I'm ok with it.......

It'd be nice of them to show something though....

Personally I'll be done with IM3 when I have this:
attachment.php

I put my order in for Bones but it seems like SS took it off the site. Weird. I wonder if my order is still good.

It comes up on their banner, but when you click it, it says it requires a password. Im assuming it will be back up soon.

The question I have is if Hot Toys really does release all 42 armors (and that's not including other variants, War Machine, Iron Patriot, Iron Monger, Iron Whiplash, etc), how the hell are people going to display all these? I mean unless you have an extra room and just plan to dedicate a wall. That's some dedication to Iron Man though :lol

I might knock up a display case like the Mondo poster-or perhaps Hot Toys would offer something like that themselves.

$280? That's outrageous. I can see how the exposed mechanical details and magnetic parts might make this more expensive to produce, but from the consumer standpoint only the most diehard of collectors will buy it at that price.

Personally I'll be done with IM3 when I have this:
attachment.php

I would love those 3 myself but after Silver Centurion and possibly Python I may be able to pick up one out of Heartbreaker and Starboost... Most likely the latter as it comes out a good few months later so I imagine Heartbreaker will be long sold out!

The question I have is if Hot Toys really does release all 42 armors (and that's not including other variants, War Machine, Iron Patriot, Iron Monger, Iron Whiplash, etc), how the hell are people going to display all these? I mean unless you have an extra room and just plan to dedicate a wall. That's some dedication to Iron Man though :lol

I can get 44 in detolfs along the wall. And then display the others under the TV. They best stop at 44 or I am screwed. Hahaha :rotfl

$280? That's outrageous. I can see how the exposed mechanical details and magnetic parts might make this more expensive to produce, but from the consumer standpoint only the most diehard of collectors will buy it at that price.
Although I agree with you all you have to do is read this thread to know that this will be another hot ticket item. I don't understand the excitement myself.

I would love those 3 myself but after Silver Centurion and possibly Python I may be able to pick up one out of Heartbreaker and Starboost... Most likely the latter as it comes out a good few months later so I imagine Heartbreaker will be long sold out!

Yeah I could live with just those 3 but I definetly want Python, he looks soooooo cool

I hate to be a pest, but can someone kindly explain to me the real functional purpose of having the split up functionality for this armor? If someone is inside the armor, what's the benefit of, say, an armored leg flying off mid-combat?

This is an armor that looks cool on screen for that few seconds, then I got a "wait-a-minute" feeling, not too sure what's the purpose of this gimmicky function. Sort of the same feeling I got for Mark XLII with the prehensile capability...

^ I believe Bones was the earlier prototype to the Mk42, so the suit may not have been designed to be a practical wearable armor at all.

Hi All! The product page is now back up and some of y'all will notice a slight price increase. Unfortunately, the incorrect price was published for this product earlier and is now corrected. Those that already had a locked in order at that price point (we already pulled the list and those folks will be contacted by email shortly) will get that item at that price point. Sorry for the earlier confusion with the page being live and then not live.

Thanks!

-SideshowAlex

Back