Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kier really seems to speak to a lot of people. She's not only a striking figure, but appears to be the one truly "tragic" member (unless I'm mistaken) of the Court. Born of heaven, but unfairly cast out. Restored by Death himself as a possible protégé and replacement for the scheming queen. But at the same time tormented by her exile and the fact that she still doesn't really "fit in" with most of the other denizens of hell. Even her appointed task is somewhat sympathetic; giving purpose to other abandoned warriors who died in battle.

IMG_3292_zps74915686.jpg~original

Why is she bloody though? Is it the blood of already dead men on the battlefield as she kneels over them to draw their spirit into her blade? Or is it blood of supernatural enemies also seeking to claim the fallen men? I must know! :panic:

Kier41.jpg

Kier really seems to speak to a lot of people. She's not only a striking figure, but appears to be the one truly "tragic" member (unless I'm mistaken) of the Court. Born of heaven, but unfairly cast out. Restored by Death himself as a possible protégé and replacement for the scheming queen. But at the same time tormented by her exile and the fact that she still doesn't really "fit in" with most of the other denizens of hell. Even her appointed task is somewhat sympathetic; giving purpose to other abandoned warriors who died in battle.

Why is she bloody though? Is it the blood of already dead men on the battlefield as she kneels over them to draw their spirit into her blade? Or is it blood of supernatural enemies also seeking to claim the fallen men? I must know! :panic:

Indeed! I'd like to know her backstory as well.

Since she's a Valkyrie, she is tasked with bringing the fallen warriors to the other side where their souls will be judged. Hence, the bloodied feet and hands. Perhaps she came across a loved one or her worst enemy and is keeping that skull to herself, which she holds in her left hand.

They're going to make prints and graphic novels of these characters.:lecture
Can't wait for the prints to be exclusive to conventions.:( Lucky enough to nab a QotD print, don't know that my luck will hold up next time.

Surprise me SS!

They need to release the comic / graphic novel with the statues, but they will probably charge 40$

To be honest....I hope they release the graphic novels prior to the release of the PFs. I think the more you learn and know about the characters increases the anticipation of the PFs being released.

To be honest....I hope they release the graphic novels prior to the release of the PFs. I think the more you learn and know about the characters increases the anticipation of the PFs being released.

Absolutely. You want to generate interest in these pieces to improve their sales. Better to release the novels before their street dates to do that.

So we are buying characters we have no idea if we will like or not? .......... Cool! I see nothing wrong with this, as long as they look cool that's one reason why I buy some of my statues. For example pinhead, skaar, aurora sing, maleficent, evil queen Snow White, zatanna bishoujo, she predator, Shaak Ti, Aayla secura, etc....

So we are buying characters we have no idea if we will like or not? .......... Cool! I see nothing wrong with this, as long as they look cool that's one reason why I buy some of my statues. For example pinhead, skaar, aurora sing, maleficent, evil queen Snow White, zatanna bishoujo, she predator, Shaak Ti, Aayla secura, etc....

Quiet, adults are talking.

Traylorc: To be honest....I hope they release the graphic novels prior to the release of the PFs. I think the more you learn and know about the characters increases the anticipation of the PFs being released.

Truth. I am really curious about these characters and the more I know, the more I want them.

Back