HT GA Cap Museum Head Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bransen2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
So guys, I've been trying to make some sort of "mannequin" head for the upcoming HT GA Captain America (as shown below) and thought I should share it. If this belongs in another place, mods feel free to move it to the right place.

venahu5u.jpg

First off, I needed a head to work with and decided to use one that was one piece with the neck post. The only such head I had was the Mark VII's Tony sculpt.

I made a mold box out of Legos, a trick I learned from my Gunpla days, and made a mold with silicone and modellers clay.

pyhututy.jpg

Bottom of the mold finished
ezy4yqa6.jpg

And after I was finished with the mold, poured white resin in and voila! A Tony Head for me to destroy
e7e7eryz.jpg

Did some shaving down of details recently and so far im liking the results.
esyja3y2.jpg

I still need to shave the area that used to be his hair so I can fit a modded TFA helmet on it and shave down the nose since it seems like its protruding :lol

Any comments and crit is welcomed and thanks for viewing :lol

Last edited:
Is it really that easy ? Lol

You're copy of the tony stark is better than the finished HT product!

Thanks guys, this is a really fun side project to be going thru.

Thought I would post more pics of the finished mold
e6u7yhez.jpg

And inside
tugazeje.jpg

Also I just realized when my spare TFA head + neck post came in that the necks on these Cap figures are usually the longer ones.
5amyquga.jpg

Its an easy fix but I'll show that in a future post :)

Also shown was my first attempt at modding TFA helmet. In the end I rushed it and ended up drilling out a whole in the back of it. That's why I have the new one to have another go.

THANKS TO BARRY/USERNAME FOR SHARING HIS MODDING TECHNIQUE.

Really liking that moulding technique... never thought of it... and is it really that easy!? haha

Nice idea by the way!

Very cool! This is an idea I may use on a upcoming project!
Ahh the classic Lego trick works wonders. And yea guys it really is that easy as long as you do your research and be patient! I'm about to cast a set of hands for my current project.

Wow great work. :clap

When you used the silicone did you had any problem to clean it from the original HT head?

And if you could do a step by step post.\\

Thank you!

Wow great work. :clap

When you used the silicone did you had any problem to clean it from the original HT head?

And if you could do a step by step post.\\

Thank you!

Sure man, when I get some free time I wouldn't mind showing the molding technique i use

Did a little work and was able to get the helm onto the head. Took a lot more shaving.
y8apenur.jpg

a2e5a3y2.jpg

ebetu4yd.jpg

Basic shaving using a rotary tool, dremel in my case and this sand paper spinning thingy :)
suve5e6a.jpg

I'm happy with it. Maybe use epoxy to hold it in place on the final piece, it has a tendency to lift backwards due to the shape of the head

qyba4a8y.jpg

Its pretty ugly underneath but hey, no ones gonna see it right? :lol

Wow, that's a great idea! Lovin what I'm seeing so far!
Do you plan on doing the whole team (Howling Commandos) or just Cap?

Hey thanks,

I was actually thinking about it at one point, would be easy since I wouldnt have to hunt down headsculpts. I'll do research into it if i can find their uniforms

Great work!
Looking forward to seeing this finalised!
Did you see the empty GA Cap helmet that Kit Chen is selling?

Hey thanks Bar,

I was actually thinking about picking one up. Just wondering if i could mod it into slipping over a HS.

Back