Statue ARH Studios Inc. Hercules Mythology giant 22" 1/4 Statue - Web EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well said Leonidas!!:exactly::goodpost:

Much better attempt than that ARES statue..looks like the days of the red armor gods looking like zombie bulldog faces are long gone!!
:yess:

Maybe one day we see an ARES Greek God of War Version 2 all done by Arahom!:pray:

I like the Ares statue a lot more, but I had to pick-up Hercules as well. I wish Hercules was holding Hydra's ninth head in his left hand. As far as a second version: I really can't see it toping the first. I think Ares is perfect, but we'll see how I feel once I get him.

I am just not feeling it. It's no where near as detailed or badass at the viking or some of the upcoming Frazetta statues. I would have liked more oomph for mythology's greatest hero. Also the sword doesn't work. Steel had not yet been invented. At best you would expect bronze short swords.

I like the Ares statue a lot more, but I had to pick-up Hercules as well. I wish Hercules was holding Hydra's ninth head in his left hand.

glad u like ARES but IMO he too ugly to be a Greek God..ARES was a handsome Greek God not like a bulldog zombie

I am just not feeling it. It's no where near as detailed or badass at the viking or some of the upcoming Frazetta statues. I would have liked more oomph for mythology's greatest hero. Also the sword doesn't work. Steel had not yet been invented. At best you would expect bronze short swords.

which viking u talking about? the one who looks like he going digging and panning for gold?

Very impressed with Arahom's much improved sculpting skills. :clap

This piece radiates pure power and intent. I would have liked to see a few scars on Hercules as he was famous for having faced terrifying enemies and obstacles and endured suffering both mental and physical on a scale no human or god has ever known...

Hercules-The-Thracian-Wars.jpg

Very impressed with Arahom's much improved sculpting skills. :clap

This piece radiates pure power and intent. I would have liked to see a few scars on Hercules as he was famous for having faced terrifying enemies and obstacles and endured suffering both mental and physical on a scale no human or god has ever known...

View attachment 124931

:goodpost::exactly:

Arahom has done a phenomenal statue !! This is one of the best ever Hercules statues !! maybe the best !!

I just got the very high resolution pictures
I will try to post them later tonight

Hi everyone,

I just could not resist coming here to post a few words.

First, I want to thank you for all the support, nice words and constructive criticism, we have been receiving in this forum. Please keep in mind that the work we do at ARH is for YOU guys, and we try our hardest to make the best statues/products we are capable of, and I personally appreciate all the feedback here.

Also, I would like to address a couple of points, so you guys can better understand our plans for this and the next year.

1. We have about 12 statues scheduled to release this year, and this is more than twice we have ever produced in a year. Also some of the upcoming pieces will be expensive due to size and complexity, and unfortunately we can’t escape this. A 1/4th scale Frazetta Death Dealer, or Alexander the Great ridding Bucephalus, or even our Tarzan fighting a crocodile are huge pieces and will cost a lot more to produce.

So because of that, some of the other statues need to have a much lower price tag, or it will be too expensive to pre-order all the ones you might want. Thinking of that, I made some decisions that included reducing the size of the bases, not making crazy dioramas with all the ideas I would like to incorporate, and even sculpting some less elaborate pieces than what we normally do. All this in order to offer more affordable prices in some of our 2014 pieces.

Hercules is a good example of that. I took a long time deciding what I would sculpt. My first instinct was to make a crazy diorama like I did with Conan last year, and have Hercules killing the Hydra or fighting Cerberus the three headed dog. But then again, I would be creating another huge and expensive piece, so I decided to capture what I think is the essence of Hercules and make a simple museum style piece without a diorama but nonetheless a great depiction of the character as I see him.

I got inspiration for his looks from the movie with Dwayne Johnson which I believe was a good movie and with a good representation for the character (Let’s not get into the Samoan/Hawaiian issue because I definitely overlooked that!)

The long sword I did was also based on the movie, and I honestly think it looks really good since Hercules is a demi-god with super-human strength, and it would look kinda ridiculous for him to hold a small bronze sword, despite of this being the accurate type of sword for the period.

2. For Arhian, I apologize for my first attempt of a paint job. It was way pass midnight when I started painting her, and I was extremely exhausted, dying to finish her, and put the pre-orders up. It was a mistake that I will not make again!!

The pictures I first took were also a big disappointment because professional studio pictures require equipment, camera, and especially lenses that I don’t have, so my feeble attempt to take those pictures myself were nothing more than a shameful disaster, and I apologize for this!

In regards to the near future, we will continue to try to elevate our game and increase the quality of our products even more. We are a very small company with meager capital, and unfortunately our sales have not been enough yet for us to implement all the improvements we want. One thing I can assure you guys. Alex (Averone) has convinced me that we must upgrade our Styrofoam, and we will starting this year, use only EPE foam that is more rigid and a lot better. This is a promise, and you guys can quote me on that!

3. Although I have already mentioned it somewhere, I would like to explain one more time that our prices are high because we sell very few pieces, and even though, we don’t have to pay license royalties in most of our pieces, it does not automatically makes our costs any lower than any other company. A company like Sideshow for instance sells thousands of pieces of one same statue, and by doing that they divide their “fixed costs” by thousands, while we sell only a couple hundred. I’m sure you are all aware of the concept of “fixed costs” and “overheads costs,” so I don’t need to get into details.

The more pieces a company sells, the lesser is the cost of a product, and unfortunately, the amount of pieces we sell isn’t yet what we would need in order to make the prices lower.

Finally, I would like to invite you all to be in NY this year at the Comic Con. We will have a great display with a 20’ x 20’ booth. We will display at least 10 pieces, and we will have the presence of Frank Frazetta Jr. signing posters for all those who pre-order a Frazetta statue at the show!

Thanks,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

Thanks for your thoughts Arahom, well appreciated. I definitely am looking forward to some of your new original pieces as well as the Frazetta line and the continuation of the Greek Gods and Goddesses. Keep up the fine work!

Thanks for all the info Arahom...The Styrofoam boxes are EXTREMELY important for us the international Byers, as the risk of getting a damage statue is really high, So please do ur best concerning that matter...

Thanks for the info, and yes smaller less elaborate pieces will help with the sales. Keep the big dioramas for the re-visit of the character.

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank you for all the support, nice words and constructive criticism, we have been receiving in this forum. Please keep in mind that the work we do at ARH is for YOU guys, and we try our hardest to make the best statues/products we are capable of, and I personally appreciate all the feedback here.

Also, I would like to address a couple of points, so you guys can better understand our plans for this and the next year.

1. We have about 12 statues scheduled to release this year, and this is more than twice we have ever produced in a year. Also some of the upcoming pieces will be expensive due to size and complexity, and unfortunately we can’t escape this. A 1/4th scale Frazetta Death Dealer, or Alexander the Great ridding Bucephalus, or even our Tarzan fighting a crocodile are huge pieces and will cost a lot more to produce.

So because of that, some of the other statues need to have a much lower price tag, or it will be too expensive to pre-order all the ones you might want. Thinking of that, I made some decisions that included reducing the size of the bases, not making crazy dioramas with all the ideas I would like to incorporate, and even sculpting some less elaborate pieces than what we normally do. All this in order to offer more affordable prices in some of our 2014 pieces.

Hercules is a good example of that. I took a long time deciding what I would sculpt. My first instinct was to make a crazy diorama like I did with Conan last year, and have Hercules killing the Hydra or fighting Cerberus the three headed dog. But then again, I would be creating another huge and expensive piece, so I decided to capture what I think is the essence of Hercules and make a simple museum style piece without a diorama but nonetheless a great depiction of the character as I see him.

I got inspiration for his looks from the movie with Dwayne Johnson which I believe was a good movie and with a good representation for the character (Let’s not get into the Samoan/Hawaiian issue because I definitely overlooked that!)

The long sword I did was also based on the movie, and I honestly think it looks really good since Hercules is a demi-god with super-human strength, and it would look kinda ridiculous for him to hold a small bronze sword, despite of this being the accurate type of sword for the period.

2. For Arhian, I apologize for my first attempt of a paint job. It was way pass midnight when I started painting her, and I was extremely exhausted, dying to finish her, and put the pre-orders up. It was a mistake that I will not make again!!

The pictures I first took were also a big disappointment because professional studio pictures require equipment, camera, and especially lenses that I don’t have, so my feeble attempt to take those pictures myself were nothing more than a shameful disaster, and I apologize for this!

In regards to the near future, we will continue to try to elevate our game and increase the quality of our products even more. We are a very small company with meager capital, and unfortunately our sales have not been enough yet for us to implement all the improvements we want. One thing I can assure you guys. Alex (Averone) has convinced me that we must upgrade our Styrofoam, and we will starting this year, use only EPE foam that is more rigid and a lot better. This is a promise, and you guys can quote me on that!

3. Although I have already mentioned it somewhere, I would like to explain one more time that our prices are high because we sell very few pieces, and even though, we don’t have to pay license royalties in most of our pieces, it does not automatically makes our costs any lower than any other company. A company like Sideshow for instance sells thousands of pieces of one same statue, and by doing that they divide their “fixed costs” by thousands, while we sell only a couple hundred. I’m sure you are all aware of the concept of “fixed costs” and “overheads costs,” so I don’t need to get into details.

The more pieces a company sells, the lesser is the cost of a product, and unfortunately, the amount of pieces we sell isn’t yet what we would need in order to make the prices lower.

Finally, I would like to invite you all to be in NY this year at the Comic Con. We will have a great display with a 20’ x 20’ booth. We will display at least 10 pieces, and we will have the presence of Frank Frazetta Jr. signing posters for all those who pre-order a Frazetta statue at the show!

Thanks,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

:bow welcome :bow

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

glad to hear and keep up the great work…CANNOT WAIT FOR NYCC! Should be fantastic.

Back