SSC The Flash 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only figure that I've seen that's genuinely better than this, is one of Seb's customs.

Mego this Mego that... bah! I suppose Reeve's Supes is also a Mego? :lol

I doesn't look anything like a Mego figure iMO. I like what i'm seing so far. I love the updated look and the gold is perfect for me. I just hope they can match the fabric texture on the mask and hands.

Megos are awesome, I can see why some people could say the Mezco Batman figures are glorified Megos, but these? :lol

Tbh most female HT figures look more like glorified Barbies than these look like glorified Megos :lol

Preview-Night-Sideshow242.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow239.jpg

I love that headsculpt so much.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the old Mego flash dolls.

Except, of course, there never was a Mego Flash doll. :dunno

I don't really understand what people who are complaining about the design were expecting: it's a pretty straightforward superhero costume, not much you can really do with it. I've never been a fan of the gold myself (on either Flash or Captain Marvel), since this will undoubtedly be $200 I may pass. I much prefer the DC Direct 13" line, warts and all. They were at the least classic comic interpretations.

I'll have to wait for better pics, but I like the overall look.
The only thing that bugs me is the difference between hands and arms.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

I think the Mego comparisons are more to do with how baggy the suits on both Flash and GL look, and in Flashs case how much the hand/arm connection stands out. I like both headsculpts for these figures, I would like to see the suits tightened up a bit and Id like the green of GLs costume to maybe be a different material, I think a few simple changes could work wonders on these guys.

I really think instead of texturized material they went with something smooth and sleek. Yellow for flashes boots would be better. Plus hands need to blend color wise. Costume should be a richer red. In my opinion I'd like to see a silicone body dyed red that way body and hands will match seamlessly. As for green lantern his traditional color block suit is preferred not a hybrid movie comic because this is not edgy or cool at all it's a huge mistake and sales will reflect that. For starters boots are not matching at all. 2 that textured suit doesn't go with him either fabric should be smooth and matte. If they stick to the color scheme everyone is use to and proper material these could work.

The reason for a silicone body for The Flash is simple. This suit is continuous and anything like there proto there will be a disconnect instead of continuity. The body can be sculpted with finite detail and molded it can work like cm toys or Keaton design but with sideshow sculpting signature. It would be vastly improved. It may be hard for people on board to see what I mean but sideshow should do one and get some reactions I think a cloth costume is hurting flash.

Last edited:
A tighter suit will definately improve the look. But then I am worried the head will be too big.

And would have also preferred yellow over gold. Stands out more.

We'll see how it turns out.

Silicone body is the worst idea ever imo. It will look like crap and detriore with time.
Personally i like the choixes they made.
Suits could be thighter but all 4 dc figures looks consistent imo.

I really think instead of texturized material they went with something smooth and sleek. Yellow for flashes boots would be better. Plus hands need to blend color wise. Costume should be a richer red. In my opinion I'd like to see a silicone body dyed red that way body and hands will match seamlessly. As for green lantern his traditional color block suit is preferred not a hybrid movie comic because this is not edgy or cool at all it's a huge mistake and sales will reflect that. For starters boots are not matching at all. 2 that textured suit doesn't go with him either fabric should be smooth and matte. If they stick to the color scheme everyone is use to and proper material these could work.

The reason for a silicone body for The Flash is simple. This suit is continuous and anything like there proto there will be a disconnect instead of continuity. The body can be sculpted with finite detail and molded it can work like cm toys or Keaton design but with sideshow sculpting signature. It would be vastly improved. It may be hard for people on board to see what I mean but sideshow should do one and get some reactions I think a cloth costume is hurting flash.

JLA costumes are so plain. JSA ones pouch up more!
It's like the difference between this and Deadpool.

Silicone only needs minimal maintenance using silicone spray and cornstarch or talc pwd. Only once a year that's very little maintenance unless your lazy. And if sculpted well with a solid constructed but articulated under body it could work.

Also I took pics and magnified the fabric doesn't work for either figure. In hand if your willing to take what they give you at 200 but what I stated would be a better choice. Latex body suit for Flash could be an alt choice but a dyed body is better. Sorry Elvis but I think your wrong on this

Last edited:
I think it's been proven time and again that rubber, silicone or whatever type seamless bodies are always a terrible idea. They're prone to damage and restrict poseability. And who wants to spend their time rubbing silicone or talc on their collectibles?

Back