SSC The Flash 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think SS is smart enough to know their fans are collectors who want classic versions of the characters; just look at Batman. I think Flash will be the classic Barry Allen look and eventually we'll get a Wally variant. Villains are where it gets iffy. Other than the Bat-rogues, villains don't always sell well. I'm personally hoping we get some great female characters from this line. Wonder Woman and Batgirl are high up on my list.

My number one want, though, is Captain Marvel, and not the standard Alex Ross "Leering fat Italian guy" Captain Marvel. I want one that actually looks like CC Beck designed him.

with you 100%. capt. marvel is way up there for me too, but only if he looks like C.C Beck intended.

I really am no fan of Ross's artistic interpretations at all.

with you 100%. capt. marvel is way up there for me too, but only if he looks like C.C Beck intended.

I really am no fan of Ross's artistic interpretations at all.

Shazam is one character where I wouldn't mind the new 52 look. Digging the hood.

My problem with the hood is it's a pointless add-in to the character's costume, just because someone thought it would look cool. I don't think it looks cool. And Captain Marvel needs a hood...why? So he can lose his peripheral vision? The hood comes from the same design school as "let's add hot rod flames to Superman's boots."

I do think Ross has occasionally drawn a really great Captain Marvel. He seems to go back and forth--sometimes he gives us a Beck Captain Marvel and then sometimes he gives us the leering Italian fat guy.

Beck:
beck.jpg

Leering Italian fat Guy:
leering italian fat guy.jpg

I think SS is smart enough to know their fans are collectors who want classic versions of the characters; just look at Batman. I think Flash will be the classic Barry Allen look and eventually we'll get a Wally variant. Villains are where it gets iffy. Other than the Bat-rogues, villains don't always sell well. I'm personally hoping we get some great female characters from this line. Wonder Woman and Batgirl are high up on my list.

My number one want, though, is Captain Marvel, and not the standard Alex Ross "Leering fat Italian guy" Captain Marvel. I want one that actually looks like CC Beck designed him.

I really hope so I am soo been wanting a decent Barry Allen I am almost tempted to make my own using a capt american head but I'll wait and see where this sideshow figure goes. because flash is muscular but slim and it's hard to find an exact match that can handle a bodysuit.

The only villain well known for flash is Capt. Cold he seeps to be in everyone's
20121012153929!Captain_Cold_0012.jpg vocab. and he has had this outfit forever it's burned into everyone's mind. If i was sideshow id just make him and see what happens since the other ones have gone through some costume changes and lets face it boomerang kinda terrible villain

I'd take Captain Cold over Professor Zoom--I just fell in love with the guy's costume back when I was a wee lad reading DC's Secret Origins of Super Villains treasury book.

I agree zoom aka reverse flash can be done with the flash head with repaint. So I doubt they would waste time on zoom he is visually boring. Cap cold is a smart choice since he is well known even appeared in cartoons back in super friends as we'll as toy man zoom is relatively new to the masses. Demographically speaking cold would be the villain they would do for flash if they do more for flash it would be weather wizard due to tv show it is 1st villan for 1st season. Not flashes major villain but there starting off small. But boomerang and mirror master before zoom comes up in conversation.

The only villian that might be hard but is a flash and justice league villian and that's gorilla grodd and he is still more popular than zoom

It's a mix, but more Wally since it's gold. There's more texture to Flash and GL than there was on Batman and Superman.

BtReu5rCQAIbvFn.jpg-large.jpg

Despite being more gold I'm going to guess they'll still call it Barry. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Back