Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is similar to the WS Cap PF in that the likeness isn't great, but everything else makes up for it. Will definitely PO this.

I'd also agree this is an improvement over the first Thor PF. I own it, but I don't really love it. It does look cool with the Destroyer maquette, though.

I JUST DON'T GET IT. Is polystone just not a good final mold material, or is SS just that much worse than HT? Geeze put a HT 1:4 head on that body and you'd have a very solid win.

I appreciate the time and effort it takes to sculpt and get these right, but i'm sorry with HT setting the standard for facial likenesses these just pale in comparison!

The blue lightning looks cheap, the pose is so so, the face is just way way off... SS needs to have the face same as HT. It's just the standard now days I believe, don't matter if they say it's because it's poly stone they can't get the facial right.

Oh, but it matters. it matters a lot. And HT sculptors have nothing on artists such as Trevor Grove, regardless of the end result, as I told you yesterday.

They really should start using a plastic or silicone for PF heads, prices are creeping up and it's still the same old techniques.

This and a thousand times this. I've been advocating this for a long time, especially since the release of Blitzway's 1:3 Bruce Lee. That's a frikkin HT head sculpt (even better, actually) on a statue. It's a brilliant combination that flows wonderfully.

If Sideshow would start using plain PVC (forget about 'intrinsic resins') for head sculpts of real actors (and take a leaf out of HT's painting techniques book, too) they'd win me back. Big time.

I think this is similar to the WS Cap PF in that the likeness isn't great, but everything else makes up for it. Will definitely PO this.

I'd also agree this is an improvement over the first Thor PF. I own it, but I don't really love it. It does look cool with the Destroyer maquette, though.

The headsculpt on this one is way better then the Cap one IMHO.

I don't care for the the lightning effect, and Mjolnir is almost 90 degrees off-axis in his hand. As much as I love Thor, this is a pass for me.

The headsculpt on this one is way better then the Cap one IMHO.

That's not saying much. I'm not sure who that Cap is but it ain't Chris Evans.

Honestly, I feel like such a complainer and that I'm picking on Sideshow but honestly, their stuff has been really bad lately.

Lol ... Andy knows I am kidding m8... anyone can think anything they want... I was messing with him.... he gets it... lol

You were kidding? :dunno ah man! :slap I wish you told me that earlier Shawn...I actually grassed you up to a mod after you called me a troll :huh

Hahahahaha!!!! All good buddy...I know your messing...come here you big softy you! :1-1:

Right, now back to the statue...

can anyone confirm whether the cape is sculpted or fabric? I'd really like it to be sculpted in order to save me 10 days of my life from having to futz the damn thing the way I want it to look :(

Fabric...

Preview-Night-Sideshow043.jpg

That's not saying much. I'm not sure who that Cap is but it ain't Chris Evans.

Honestly, I feel like such a complainer and that I'm picking on Sideshow but honestly, their stuff has been really bad lately.

:exactly:... I look army PO list, and SS newer stuff aren't screaming PO to me :dunno

Oh, but it matters. it matters a lot. And HT sculptors have nothing on artists such as Trevor Grove, regardless of the end result, as I told you yesterday.

This and a thousand times this. I've been advocating this for a long time, especially since the release of Blitzway's 1:3 Bruce Lee. That's a frikkin HT head sculpt (even better, actually) on a statue. It's a brilliant combination that flows wonderfully.

If Sideshow would start using plain PVC (forget about 'intrinsic resins') for head sculpts of real actors (and take a leaf out of HT's painting techniques book, too) they'd win me back. Big time.
For the price we pay, We are getting movie version character of the actors that are not what we see in movie. :panic:

You were kidding? :dunno ah man! :slap I wish you told me that earlier Shawn...I actually grassed you up to a mod after you called me a troll :huh

Hahahahaha!!!! All good buddy...I know your messing...come here you big softy you! :1-1:

Right, now back to the statue...

can anyone confirm whether the cape is sculpted or fabric? I'd really like it to be sculpted in order to save me 10 days of my life from having to futz the damn thing the way I want it to look :(

You turned me in!!!!! :horror

It is all good m8, and as for the cape I am pretty sure it is fabric.

I bet the lightning is the Exclusive. I am going to 1st Day PO and hope for the best. Now to decide on Thor Modern.... Will probably get it but ugh so much stuff and I'm sure Loki is coming as well.

Back