Emma Frost Hellfire Club Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much going on in this thread.
Im guessing not many people are impressed with her.
She could have been better, I'll still be ordering

I think it looks bad. I was excited when I saw the teaser. The face looked great. Thought it was unique and sexy. Then the full body left me wanting more. It's just not that interesting to look at it the problem. That on top of the high price tag.... No buy for me. At least the face is pretty unlike Jean, which is bad all around.

I can not express how disappointed I am with the Marvel reveals from SSC lately. Good thing the DC stuff is still killin' it.

Not much going on in this thread.
Im guessing not many people are impressed with her.
She could have been better, I'll still be ordering

I agree that she could have been better. The base is plain and the hair looks off. However, I like the rest of her. I don't think this PF is a train wreck like some peeps make her out to be. The Doom PF is my next priority though. After I secure Doom, I'll set my sights on Emma down the road. Of course, if XM keeps on KILLING their pieces, Emma will keep getting pushed back. The XM Thanos is another piece that looks like it'll take priority over Emma. The only good thing about peeps not digging Emma is that she should be available for awhile so I feel no need to PO her now.

I agree that she could have been better. The base is plain and the hair looks off. However, I like the rest of her. I don't think this PF is a train wreck like some peeps make her out to be. The Doom PF is my next priority though. After I secure Doom, I'll set my sights on Emma down the road. Of course, if XM keeps on KILLING their pieces, Emma will keep getting pushed back. The XM Thanos is another piece that looks like it'll take priority over Emma. The only good thing about peeps not digging Emma is that she should be available for awhile so I feel no need to PO her now.

It's the hair that ruins her. That hair on the Ex has to be the laziest sculpt SS has ever done and the Reg needed more detailing. Then the goblet should have been there, give her stilettos and she would have been much better imo/

It's the hair that ruins her. That hair on the Ex has to be the laziest sculpt SS has ever done and the Reg needed more detailing. Then the goblet should have been there, give her stilettos and she would have been much better imo/

Well, if what I hear is correct, Misney nixed the goblet because they didn't want Emma portrayed drinking alcohol. If that's the case, we can't jump on SSC for that. I agree 100% on the hair. A poor effort by SSC's art director letting the hair slide as is. I think that's the biggest issue with the piece (and both portraits). Personally, the boots don't bother me in the least. However, SSC could have come up with something a little more creative with the base. Just my thoughts on the piece. I still like it overall, but the hair on both portraits and the plain base is why I didn't pull the trigger on day 1. That's what made it a possible down the road piece for me.

Definitely Xm Thanos over Emma, but who knows how long t willbe till that gets released. For now I will probably just order doom and emma

Definitely Xm Thanos over Emma, but who knows how long t willbe till that gets released. For now I will probably just order doom and emma

Definitely getting Doom. I'm just waiting to see if he'll become coupon eligible soon. If I pull the trigger on XM Thanos, Emma will get pushed further back. I don't think it'll be much of a problem getting her later. She and Jean are getting little love around these parts. Just look at how long the EX Jean PF is taking to sell out. Such a low ES and still available months after being put up for PO. Even though I think Emma looks better than Jean, I can see the EX Emma PF being available for quite awhile too. So, no need to hurry either way for me.

Late to the Commentary as of late, so here it goes

When I get Emma Frost, the chances are Very High that she will only be displayed with the Reg Head, I am not feeling the EX Head, IMO the hair just doesn't look right, there was an attempt to do a cut like AH rendition but the execution was botched, it should have been a Long Bobcut not a parted Shag Cut, sad.

I just cannot understand with all the talent that was involved with this sculpt it should have been perfect from top to bottom but for me the fail is on the EX Head and the SSC Development Team OK'd it and this is the second offering from the Team of Cipriano/Miller/Wawoe the first being Jean Grey that has not met myself and other collectors criteria, in ending I think it's time for a New SSC Development Team that will not be afraid to let all those involved to go back and do it again and for the Prices that being demanded Insulting

Frustrated
Al

Last edited:

When I get Emma Frost, the chances are Very High that she will only be displayed with the Reg Head, I am not feeling the EX Head, IMO the hair just doesn't look right, there was an attempt to do a cut like AH rendition but the execution was botched, it should have been a Long Bobcut not a parted Shag Cut, sad.

I just cannot understand with all the talent that was involved with this sculpt it should have been perfect from to to bottom but for me the fail is on the EX Head and the SSC Development Team OK'd it and this is the second offering from the Team of Cipriano/Miller/Wawoe the first being Jean Grey that has not met myself and other collectors criteria, in ending I think it's time for a New SSC Development Team that will not be afraid to let all those involved to go back and do it again and for the Prices that being demanded Insulting

Frustrated
Al
:rock2:

I just cannot understand with all the talent that was involved with this sculpt it should have been perfect from top to bottom but for me the fail is on the EX Head and the SSC Development Team OK'd it and this is the second offering from the Team of Cipriano/Miller/Wawoe the first being Jean Grey that has not met myself and other collectors criteria, in ending I think it's time for a New SSC Development Team that will not be afraid to let all those involved to go back and do it again and for the Prices that being demanded Insulting

Frustrated
Al

It doesn't matter what goes on when the licensor says change something it has to be done

Thank You my Friend

It doesn't matter what goes on when the licensor says change something it has to be done

Well the one that holds License is wrong and out of touch + doesn't know the character my Friend Ink, if this is the kind of products that we are expected to get and purchase at a obscene price to meet there bottom line and the quality is substandard then they will not have me a customer and as a collector there are other venues that are available, like Customs and if they are unlicensed so be it and those who turn there nose up at those of us who do not go along, well they know what they can do

As a die hard x men fan im frustrated to Al. Well said

Appreciate It Nemen

Al

This statue as-is would be an easier decision for me if the price wasn't so high. Alternatively, if the quality was on par with the DC PFs, I would have gladly paid $370. I like her face but the hair on both sculpts leaves a lot to be desired. Since the EX isn't a must-have for me, I will probably wait until it's coupon eligible.

This statue as-is would be an easier decision for me if the price wasn't so high. Alternatively, if the quality was on par with the DC PFs, I would have gladly paid $370. I like her face but the hair on both sculpts leaves a lot to be desired. Since the EX isn't a must-have for me, I will probably wait until it's coupon eligible.

That is a valid point but I will take the reg. over the EX just my taste :wink1:

yeah not impressed with her at all, it's nothing I haven't seen before. Way too revealing for my taste, looks very Hooker-esk if you know what I mean

Sad this could have been so much better. I was really looking to add this to my collection. But I don't like either heads enough to want this. The body is not connecting correctly either. She seems like she was put together by too many sculptors, so it's just not jelling well together. I will use the money for GH hulk instead.

Don't get the dislike for Emma, she looks gorgeous to me (as far as PF's go :D)

Definitely understand the disappointment in the EX sculpt though. Looks practically the same as the Reg just shorter hair

Will I buy this though. Well right now it's 50/50 all depends on how well received she is once in-hand

Jean looks so much smaller compare to the rest of the gang.

Back