No real high-end 12" Stormtrooper options in 2014?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to wait for the movie so they can match them and determine what is a deluxe, special edition and the exclusive...
And also pressure Disney into making stormtroopers with colourways.

I thought everyone hated the SS 12" Stormtrooper. Especially after seeing what could of been when pics of the Stormtrooper sold at the Disney Store started making the rounds. Do you want one from the same SS molds or a new sculpt?

I thought everyone hated the SS 12" Stormtrooper. Especially after seeing what could of been when pics of the Stormtrooper sold at the Disney Store started making the rounds. Do you want one from the same SS molds or a new sculpt?
Not everyone, it's still pretty damn popular - despite it's chronic wonkiness. :lol

Same armour sculpt - so.. yes.

The body? I don't know how good or bad it is compared to the previous releases, but yeah.

SSC need to go back to the drawing board for a new armour sculpt - from the ground up.

Definately a new sculpt but as a quick money making thing for Sideshow I think a great many would buy the old one if it was only available.

Why does everybody want deluxe? I'd go for minimal. Two in one set. A stormtrooper with his weapon. No bs extras or colors.

Best,

Robert

Why does everybody want deluxe? I'd go for minimal. Two in one set. A stormtrooper with his weapon. No bs extras or colors.

Best,

Robert

I'm with him. No need to pay for silly accessories that will never be used.

And Stormtroopers are white. No colours. No stripieness. They don't belong to the horrid prequel trilogy.

The Stormtrooper Commander that had the blue stripes, how well did that sell? You can get it on the used market for a little over $100 while the regular white ones have astronomical prices. So it can't have been that popular.

Make better sculpts, do it as a affordable two-pack and watch sales soar. I personally guarantee that for every X-wing Luke they would sell at least three stormies.

I want plain too, just sayin' they always milk the molds.

Yup as simple as possible. They could name them squad or something. No extras like almost all stormied in the movies.

Best,

Robert

They could definitely do a Shiny and Veteran version just for kicks. They just need to make sure weathering is subtle. Some nice scorch marks would be good too.

Last edited:
With all up coming OT releases, I hope they announce a new Stormtrooper soon, come on SS listen to your customers.

If they re-release the Stormtroper, I only hope they will fix the many issues of the old sculpt

I'd be amazed if we don't get one soon, especially since Stormtroopers will feature heavily in the upcoming Rebels series. Make it so SS!

It would be great if SSC did a new Stormtrooper release. C'mon, SSC... make it happen!

I asked SS at their collector panel at SDCC if they'd stop with clonetroopers and do stormtroopers and they said yes. Stormies are coming!

Back