1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same reason others are, why not? When I signed up for the site, I don't remember agreeing to a contract that stated I can only post positively and only about things I like.

I like this character, I like Hot Toys Batman license. Other than MMS 02 Terminator, 2008 Bank Robber Joker is what got me into collecting Hot Toys heavily. So seeing this release leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I get my kicks out of putting it down because I think it's a joke. The V2 aspect, the price, all of it. I'm not against seeing this fail and enjoy seeing other people coming to their senses with "cancelled" and explaining why it's a crap release.QUOTE]

I'm completely ok with people voicing their opinion on how they are disappointed or think Hot Toys did a poor job...but nearly every single time I check this thread your here bashing it and putting it down. And for it being "joke" (nice one btw), why keep talking about it?

And the 2.0 will be a far more superior figure based on the repaint alone compared to the V1. V1 looks awful now. 2.0 is a definite upgrade.

I still feel this figure is overpriced, but I'm under the understanding there are other production costs that we are not aware of.

Same reason others are, why not? When I signed up for the site, I don't remember agreeing to a contract that stated I can only post positively and only about things I like.

I like this character, I like Hot Toys Batman license. Other than MMS 02 Terminator, 2008 Bank Robber Joker is what got me into collecting Hot Toys heavily. So seeing this release leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I get my kicks out of putting it down because I think it's a joke. The V2 aspect, the price, all of it. I'm not against seeing this fail and enjoy seeing other people coming to their senses with "cancelled" and explaining why it's a crap release.QUOTE]

I'm completely ok with people voicing their opinion on how they are disappointed or think Hot Toys did a poor job...but nearly every single time I check this thread your here bashing it and putting it down. And for it being "joke" (nice one btw), why keep talking about it?

And the 2.0 will be a far more superior figure based on the repaint alone compared to the V1. V1 looks awful now. 2.0 is a definite upgrade.

I still feel this figure is overpriced, but I'm under the understanding there are other production costs that we are not aware of.

I don't think anyone can deny that it's a better looking figure than the V1 but for the price, the sculpt and accessories aren't up to par.

I still feel this figure is overpriced ...

:slap:slap
I almost choked when I read that.
After all the time you spent torturing common sense trying to convince us that the price was justified by a pure gold stand or some other nonsense, I cannot believe you wrote this.
Hypocrisy and a lack of logic do not seem to bother you, you should get into politics... :lol

After all the time you spent torturing common sense trying to convince us that the price was justified by a pure gold stand or some other nonsense, I cannot believe you wrote this.
Hypocrisy and a lack of logic do not seem to bother you, you should get into politics... :lol

Price increase is due to higher license fees not and updated accessories, repaint/modifications. People are only looking at what they can see, not what goes on in the conference room with Howard Chan and top Executives of WB and DC.

Well, he is a mod, so.....

Price increase is due to higher license fees not and updated accessories, repaint/modifications. People are only looking at what they can see, not what goes on in the conference room with Howard Chan and top Executives of WB and DC.

Let's get something clear, DC has nothing to do with HT, as long as we're talking about movie versions of the characters Warner is in charge (I've worked with DC for many years).
To think that Warner would raise the fees specifically for this character and this figure shows how ignorant you are of the way things are done.
The whole "repaint/new accessories" is a ridiculous argument considering it's the case for every new figure that has remained at a lower price point and this one isn't even a new figure.
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Thanks for posting these Alias....looks good to me (ducks to avoid the shoe Fab just threw at me :) ).....still looking forward to this one.

who-throws-a-shoe.jpg

Let's get something clear, DC has nothing to do with HT, as long as we're talking about movie versions of the characters Warner is in charge (I've worked with DC for many years).
To think that Warner would raise the fees specifically for this character and this figure shows how ignorant you are of the way things are done.
The whole "repaint/new accessories" is a ridiculous argument considering it's the case for every new figure that has remained at a lower price point and this one isn't even a new figure.
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Yeah, that's exactly what I think. Why wouldn't they charge Hot Toys more do redo a very popular character? :slap

And what new figure has Hot Toys released that remained at a lower price? You don't make any sense and sound foolish.

Back in 2008 that sculpt was Heath. Everybody who saw mine was blown away, "looks just like him", "incredible" "that's so **** ing awesome!" "wow!" "looks so realistic" holy ****e!", "where can i get one!"..was just some of the stuff that was said by friends and family. It is a figure that brought many of us into the game, it deserves some respect regardless of how it looks to us now after seeing many other beautiful things since then. But yeah that price is ridiculous..

Sad too because I personally would have picked another up if it were $209.99. (Just picked BD-T800 up for that with coupon, felt like a fair deal, something I haven't felt in awhile with the hobby. $209.99 just feels right for a MMS figure in 2014 when considering inflation. I have no problems paying that for just about anything. I would buy a lot more figures at that price is what i am trying to say.

Sooo... back on topic.

I already have two Joker figures. The DX11 2.0 and the Enterbay HD masterpiece.. both are great, but none of them really nailed the likeness to the extent that I would like them to. As a big Joker fan though, I bought them anyway (my first two high-end Joker figures!). But if I were to buy another Joker figure.. what I would really want, is for Hot Toys, or any other company really, to offer us a Joker figure with likeness in the league of the works by Adam Gu (also known as imaresqd1) or better! I've always looked at his custom works and wondered, why the heck can't Hot Toys nail the likeness like that? After so many tries! :(

But seeing the RoboCop BD, DX15 and the Ellen Ripley headsculpts gives me hope that.. maybe.. in the next 5 years, Hot Toys will deliver something like that. :impatient:

They know the product will be sold out anyways, so why bother giving a more accurate sculpt. Hence they are getting lazy and giving us this 2.0 BR. Had there been another company offering in the competition, they'd no doubt give us a better, newly sculpted head.

Back