1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really pumped for this. I jumped and order right when the email came from sideshow. But after sitting on it and looking back at the pictures and really taking the time to realize that its just a rehash that not a lot of work when into bringing some new life to this figure I now feel down about it.

I wanted the figure originally but I cancelled my order today. Not because of the new things that are coming out because if I really wanted it I would get it and find away to make other purchases work.

But price aside. I am really disappointed in the lack of revamped creativity that went into this piece. I wish that had giving a new head sculpt. A simple recast with the slightest mod to the hair is kind of bogus. And the shot gun? again another recast from the dx 11.

So to say the least I've let go of wanting this figure (and believe me I really wanted it) But now that the nostalgic want for this figure has passed I too shall pass on it. Maybe if its stil sitting on the market with a lower price Ill bring my self to get it but I'm glad people who are getting it are happy with it

For $270, it should have come with a new "What doesn't kill you" sculpt and a removable mask.

After showing what they did to Peter Weller's likeness, this figure here truly looks incredible (not in a good way)

Not that impressive likeness really, especially for the price. The next Ledger Joker I buy needs to have likeness in the league of the new RoboCop BD and Batman DX15. The headsculpt with the mask looks amazing though, much better than V1 where it looked kinda funny with the mask on the headsculpt. I might pick this up if I like the final product. Wish the suit looked more high-end, again, especially considering the price.

I read that the BRJ 1 would get mold under the mask if kept on for too long and the mask would take some of the paint of the face. Is this true?

And better tailoring my ass.

The only thing that looks better is the coat and bag. Not sure if that alone is worth $270.

And better tailoring my ass.

The only thing that looks better is the coat and bag. Not sure if that alone is worth $270.

Are you really going to bring the price back up? :slap

We get it you think this figure is a rip off by Hot Toys, give it a rest.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to display mine with the mask on head. It'll better differentiate itself from the Joker 2.0 that way, and I like the look of the masked head much more. I know I'm in the minority, but since I don't have the original, I'm really looking forward to this guy.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to display mine with the mask on head. It'll better differentiate itself from the Joker 2.0 that way, and I like the look of the masked head much more. I know I'm in the minority, but since I don't have the original, I'm really looking forward to this guy.

If I still had my DX11 I would probably display it the way you described, but I want that Ledger sculpt shown.

Man, I hope not. I'm going to find out here soon though. Mines probably been on for a year. This is the first I have heard of this.

So, just to clarify? This is just a little changing of the original head sculpt? It can't just be a re-paint. Can it? The eyes are pointing in the opposite direction of V1. His eyes are looking left where as V1 is looking right? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. One thing I do know is I'm not buying it. Might have to get a set of the shotgun holding hands because mine is holding it half way down the barrel with the bag in the other hand.

I read that the BRJ 1 would get mold under the mask if kept on for too long and the mask would take some of the paint of the face. Is this true?

Are you really going to bring the price back up?

Yup. It's a lazy release. Little to no effort went into it.

Man, I hope not. I'm going to find out here soon though. Mines probably been on for a year. This is the first I have heard of this.

So, just to clarify? This is just a little changing of the original head sculpt? It can't just be a re-paint. Can it? The eyes are pointing in the opposite direction of V1. His eyes are looking left where as V1 is looking right? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. One thing I do know is I'm not buying it. Might have to get a set of the shotgun holding hands because mine is holding it half way down the barrel with the bag in the other hand.

The only thing changed from V1 to this, sculpt wise was that they touched up where the hair connects to the scalp to make it seamless. That's it.

It's a straight repaint of the original proto they had in back in 2008. And yes, instead of looking to the left, he's looking to the right, just like that 2008 prototype repaint.

The only thing changed from V1 to this, sculpt wise was that they touched up where the hair connects to the scalp to make it seamless. That's it.

It's a straight repaint of the original proto they had in back in 2008. And yes, instead of looking to the left, he's looking to the right, just like that 2008 prototype repaint.

Gotcha. Hmmm, I would say more but seems like you summed it up pretty good in your response to the other poster above. I guess good thing is it is good for people that missed out first time and don't want to pay 350$+ for it. Even with that though, I got a V1 for a buddy off here awhile back for 30$ cheaper than this.

A repaint does wonders to the realism of this character, especially compared to the 2008 one. Yeah, another expression would've been nice, but neatrul looks are the easiest to get the likeness down so I'm good with that.

You're not a fan of this release by Hot Toys, why keep posting negative comments about it?

You're not a fan of this release by Hot Toys, why keep posting negative comments about it?

Same reason others are, why not? When I signed up for the site, I don't remember agreeing to a contract that stated I can only post positively and only about things I like.

I like this character, I like Hot Toys Batman license. Other than MMS 02 Terminator, 2008 Bank Robber Joker is what got me into collecting Hot Toys heavily. So seeing this release leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I get my kicks out of putting it down because I think it's a joke. The V2 aspect, the price, all of it. I'm not against seeing this fail and enjoy seeing other people coming to their senses with "cancelled" and explaining why it's a crap release.

Gotcha. Hmmm, I would say more but seems like you summed it up pretty good in your response to the other poster above. I guess good thing is it is good for people that missed out first time and don't want to pay 350$+ for it. Even with that though, I got a V1 for a buddy off here awhile back for 30$ cheaper than this.

And the prices on the secondary market for the V1 are cheaper as well (new and preowned),

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sa...nk+robber+joker&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Back