Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today and damn he is beautiful. I love Iron Man as is but the thing I love most about this one is the color scheme cause it reminds me of Deus Ex: HR which is one of my favorite games.

Quick shot of him and the rest of my IM figures.
20140820_164933.jpg
20140820_164943.jpg

I received mine and he is awesome. One thing I am having a problem with is his left arm - it was off when I received it and thought no big deal I will just stick it back on. However it just wont stay. I push it in but as soon as I try and move the arm in any direction it just pops out of the socket. Anyone having this problem? Seems silly as nothing appears to be broken which would be causing it just to fall off. :dunno

I received mine and he is awesome. One thing I am having a problem with is his left arm - it was off when I received it and thought no big deal I will just stick it back on. However it just wont stay. I push it in but as soon as I try and move the arm in any direction it just pops out of the socket. Anyone having this problem? Seems silly as nothing appears to be broken which would be causing it just to fall off. :dunno

pic?

is the socket the same as the other arm? how is the plastic bushing place on the ball joint?

I was just fiddling with mine and the right arm is doing the exact same thing. I have to move it super gingerly or it pops out. I've been holding off on the 42 because of the arm issue and now this happens.

I have taken the other arm off several times and compared the 2 and they both look identical. They both have that snap feeling when going in but I just can't move the ledt arm up or down without it just popping off while the other arm is just fine. I will try and get some pics up as maybe someone with more experience can see something I am not seeing.

With as many products as they put out out I don't think a few figures with issues really constitutes quality control being out of control. It's like that with any product. I guess consider myself lucky. With the 42 figures I have had I haven't had a single issue.

On the thread topic, mine was scheduled to arrive two hours ago and still no sign of it. Starting to fear for some reason delivery is going to turn into tomorrow.

I was just fiddling with mine and the right arm is doing the exact same thing. I have to move it super gingerly or it pops out. I've been holding off on the 42 because of the arm issue and now this happens.

I try to move as slow as possible but it still just pops off - really discouraging.

Been trying to figure out if the problem is the body or arm - just don't know. Only way I can keep it in is to apply a lot of pressure pushing in on the arm as I move it.

Last edited:
Finally got mine and he is awesome, only problem is his left arm guard is wedged in the wrist socket super tight. You guys think using a hair dryer would do the trick?

Sorry to hear your shoulder is giving you headaches masterobiwan, hope you get it sorted asap.

Got my IM3 Python today, luckily issue-free and needless to say I'm very happy with the end product in hand! :rock

I wasn't expecting him to look charcoal like he does, I always thought it was black but I'm very happy with this paint scheme.

One thing of my note I noticed while handling him a little, is when rotating the legs up toward the abdomen, be careful of the sharp edge of the thigh armor rubbing against the panties and causing scratches or smudges.

Here's few pics I thought I'd share of my new Python mingling with my Marvel Now! Mk 7 custom, Silver Centurion EX and Red Snapper, hope you enjoy. :wave

HTIM3PythonEditA1_zps6bdc415b.jpg

HTIMgroup8-2020144EDIT_zps3569c338.jpg

HTIMgroup8-20201421EDIT_zpsce88fd0b.jpg

Sorry to hear your shoulder is giving you headaches masterobiwan, hope you get it sorted asap.

Got my IM3 Python today, luckily issue-free and needless to say I'm very happy with the end product in hand! :rock

I wasn't expecting him to look charcoal like he does, I always thought it was black but I'm very happy with this paint scheme.

One thing of my note I noticed while handling him a little, is when rotating the legs up toward the abdomen, be careful of the sharp edge of the thigh armor rubbing against the panties and causing scratches or smudges.

Here's few pics I thought I'd share of my new Python mingling with my Marvel Now! Mk 7 custom, Silver Centurion EX and Red Snapper, hope you enjoy. :wave

So this is how I find out... I need more pics of that custom

you could just send me the fig and ill take the pictures for you :D

seriously though, incredible work... part of me hopes HT's ganks your designs and puts it out :lol

1212%20-%20gif%20mark_henry%20wwe.gif

:lol Thank you, very much appreciate the kind words. :hi5:

With my luck, Hot Toys will announce it tomorrow lol.

I wouldn't even be mad, because that would open the gates for them tackling any and all of the comic book Iron Man designs. :pray:

Bump for great pics! Looking goooood Y33!

Finally got this guy posed and while he looks great, that damn dynamic stand is a pain in the ass if you don't want a flight pose.:mad:

So now that some of you have this in hand, do you agree with me that it looks WAY better in person than it did in the Hot Toy photos? I thought this was pretty "meh" from the photos but when I saw it at SDCC I thought it looked much, much nicer.

Back