XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is riding to high in both skillet.... Just by a hair

Ok, this was before they fixed how it sat on his head... I'm just pointing out the shape of the helmet, and going back to this orig post was the only side view I can find. I like the suggestions you guys make, just not sure how it would look from other angles.

I can see where you're coming from but, shaving down the helmet doesn't necessarily mean you're shaving the top of his head as well. If his head was proportional to that helmet in the photo skillet posted, that means he's got one hell of a forehead even if it were a thick helmet. I revised what I did originally. I didn't take as much off and tried to stay fairly even across the top. Tell me if it looks better or if it still looks odd. I didn't mess with the piece in the back.

4l1280.jpg

**Hang on, that might not be it.. Let me find it

**wait.. that might be it.. I've been on a roof all day. It looks kind of close to what I did before.. I'm confused right now :panic:

Okay, that slight little change makes a difference. But now I have to ask if we have gone from saying the helmet needs to be lower on the head to the helmet is simply too long. Let's hope that XM sees that we are concerned about 'something' related to the helmet and makes some adjustments.

No matter what has or hasn't been changed, this thing looks badass. Can't wait to see what this looks like next to Wolverine.

I love the pic with Magneto and BW...looks like he is staring down and trying to clutch that ass. How awesome would it be if that BW was turned into a Savage Land Rogue...wow.

WOW, what great pics & great work by XM Studios. This Magneto may possibly be the very best Marvel statue ever released, by any company. The hyper detailed sculpt, the fantastic pose, the excellent base & paint apps, all scream master skill & quality, capturing this character's persona perfectly. XM Studios has just raised the bar, no question. Truly hoping Sideshow follows the lead, (always felt SS should have taken us to this level a long, long time ago), as they have the skill, but somehow lack the will.:dunno

Question. Is it normal for Magneto's cape not to drape completely over the edge of the medallion? Seems like the edges of the cape, on both sides of the statue, stick out (suspended) rather than drape downwards over edge of medallion. Just noticed, looks strange.

A little smaller then I thought it would look, but fantastic none the less

WOW, what great pics & great work by XM Studios. This Magneto may possibly be the very best Marvel statue ever released, by any company. The hyper detailed sculpt, the fantastic pose, the excellent base & paint apps, all scream master skill & quality, capturing this character's persona perfectly. XM Studios has just raised the bar, no question. Truly hoping Sideshow follows the lead, (always felt SS should have taken us to this level a long, long time ago), as they have the skill, but somehow lack the will.:dunno

I don't know... Gladiator Hulk holds his own against the XM Cap from the pictures I have seen. When SSC gets it right, they get it VERY RIGHT, but when they miss they miss. Honestly, everyone has to know that XM will miss eventually. I will also just say that as of right now they have 6 statues that I have seen solid versions of... SSC has what almost 7-10 times that right now??? When you get bigger things get tougher.

I can see where you're coming from but, shaving down the helmet doesn't necessarily mean you're shaving the top of his head as well. If his head was proportional to that helmet in the photo skillet posted, that means he's got one hell of a forehead even if it were a thick helmet. I revised what I did originally. I didn't take as much off and tried to stay fairly even across the top. Tell me if it looks better or if it still looks odd. I didn't mess with the piece in the back.

4l1280.jpg

**Hang on, that might not be it.. Let me find it

**wait.. that might be it.. I've been on a roof all day. It looks kind of close to what I did before.. I'm confused right now :panic:
This fix sounds good . :wink1:

A little smaller then I thought it would look, but fantastic none the less

I don't know... Gladiator Hulk holds his own against the XM Cap from the pictures I have seen. When SSC gets it right, they get it VERY RIGHT, but when they miss they miss. Honestly, everyone has to know that XM will miss eventually. I will also just say that as of right now they have 6 statues that I have seen solid versions of... SSC has what almost 7-10 times that right now??? When you get bigger things get tougher.

I have been collecting for less that two years, and I´ve come to love and hate sideshow at the same time. They give us GREAT statues, but as an international collector (SS won't even ship to my country) I have to worry every time I order a statue because their quality control doesn't stand for much, at least since I started collecting. XM made an awesome job with their first release, the cap came as close to the proto as you can get, which doesn't happen very often with sideshow, again...at least not since I started collecting.

If they can keep releasing production pieces that are THAT good and keep that amazing QC even if it means less statues per year they will have my money for many of their releases. Those are the two important things that would separate SS and XM, at least for me. I´m hoping SS steps up they game with the QC, and at the same time I hope XM can keep their QC as it is :)

A little smaller then I thought it would look
that's the problem i've always had with pieces that are sitting down...always looks small compared to other 1/4s surrounding it

that being said, this piece looks BADASS...everything about it screams excellence

that's the problem i've always had with pieces that are sitting down...always looks small compared to other 1/4s surrounding it

that being said, this piece looks BADASS...everything about it screams excellence

I know what you're saying but badass is badass. The aforementioned orig Doom is badass. The Batman in Cave by AY Sculpture is another sitting badass, but a bit dark and monotone, though.

I know what you're saying but badass is badass. The aforementioned orig Doom is badass. The Batman in Cave by AY Sculpture is another sitting badass, but a bit dark and monotone, though.
the orig Doom has never done anything for me...never has, never will

but trust me when i say that i'm all over this piece..an absolute must for my collection

When you get bigger things get tougher.

You're exactly right. SS has a ton of moving pieces at any given time. With the edition sizes the size they are at now and the amount of products in various states of production, I can't even begin to imagine the coordination it takes to keep it all moving along. That being said...I think it would behoove SS to put a greater emphasis on QC as the amount of issues they have had lately have to be cutting into profits. They can't keep being able to afford to have products with a 3000 ES and then have issues and replacements with 1/2 or over 1/2. But this isn't a thread to discuss how to fix SS's business model.

This Magneto is awesome! After staring at my new Cap for a long time last night, I'm totally in for this guy.

Just a wise word of caution for those who are interested in this....Magneto will be going up for pre-order within the next 2 weeks MTL. Seeing how many have already put in pre-orders for this....do not delay when it goes up. If you like the finished look of this piece, jump on it and worry about how you will come up with the funds later (aside from the down payment needed to secure the order).

Back