XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retailers are offering less SSC products these days because SSC has taken steps to discourage it. Namely, upping the minimum monthly order requirement to maintain a resellers account with them (I think it's $10k per month if I remember what my LCS owner told me) and worse still, SSC cut the reseller discount down to just 80% of retail (again, going off memory with that number... Might have been 70%) whereas it used to be around 60% I believe. So the profit margins on resellers is lower. This was probably a countermeasure to retailers undercutting SSC's prices, which has changed. Bbts used to routinely offer hot toys and ssc statues at around 5-10% less than SSC's price, but that changed about a year ago when SSC changed their policies.

That statue scene is fairly hot in San Antonio TX. I could go to about 6 or 7 shops that carry ssc, koto, ht, Bowen etc. There I'd a lot of active trading in these shops too

That statue scene is fairly hot in San Antonio TX. I could go to about 6 or 7 shops that carry ssc, koto, ht, Bowen etc. There I'd a lot of active trading in these shops too

It is pretty awesome to have that type of freedom

Ha! ... he's using one of the pics I took ... :rotfl

LOL... of course he is... Your pictures are cool.

I'm really stumped trying to figure out a good way to display this beast. I'm almost to the point of wondering whether I'm going to have to actually build a table to hold him, because none of my normal IKEA standbys are working with the dimensions I've got to play with. The 47 1/4" Wide x 15 3/4" Deep x 25 1/4" Tall Besta is the current winner, but 1) it's a lot lower than I'd like it to be, 2) the depth is actually a little shorter than Magneto apparently, and 3) I'm concerned about the weight.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to a Besta, but ~30" tall, with a bottom shelf so I can put statues down there too.

Has anybody figured out how they're handling this thing?

I'm really stumped trying to figure out a good way to display this beast. I'm almost to the point of wondering whether I'm going to have to actually build a table to hold him, because none of my normal IKEA standbys are working with the dimensions I've got to play with. The 47 1/4" Wide x 15 3/4" Deep x 25 1/4" Tall Besta is the current winner, but 1) it's a lot lower than I'd like it to be, 2) the depth is actually a little shorter than Magneto apparently, and 3) I'm concerned about the weight.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to a Besta, but ~30" tall, with a bottom shelf so I can put statues down there too.

Has anybody figured out how they're handling this thing?

Buy a Pax. They are wardrobes from Ikea. Twice as deep as a Besta but not quite as wide. There are several widths and sizes in height. They're also dirt cheap. Crap phone pic but you'll get the idea. You can display teams together in one of these or a couple large characters even

image.jpg

Can you wall mount a Pax?

Never bothered looking at them but I'd be interested in wall mounting a 'cube' so to speak if it could be trusted to support the weight.

Can you wall mount a Pax?

Never bothered looking at them but I'd be interested in wall mounting a 'cube' so to speak if it could be trusted to support the weight.

They're not quite like your thinking. These are like wardrobes. I don't think there are any single cubes ones like the bestas. Go to ikea and just type Pax in the search engine and it will pull them up and show you all the different dimensions. I think 72 inches is the shortest one you can buy if memory serves me correctly

They're not quite like your thinking. These are like wardrobes. I don't think there are any single cubes ones like the bestas. Go to ikea and just type Pax in the search engine and it will pull them up and show you all the different dimensions. I think 72 inches is the shortest one you can buy if memory serves me correctly

Oooooooooooooooooooooh those thingamabobber's :lol Yep, no dice for me.

Back