XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its all about the paint up Spidey. You can even look at the head and see it has all the same lines and creases in the forehead area. The expression can be changed ever so slightly just by adding a little more shading to the deep creases in his brow to give it a more furrowed look. The sculpt is not the issue here at all.

With that being said, I think the face is perfect as is. I don't need two pissed off heads. The helmeted head is the pissed off head to me and they should leave that alone. The non-helmeted head is fine as is for me. I see it as a sense of sadness and despair after years of fighting for he and his mutants very livelihoods.

However, if you want the more determined head, I think that is an easy paint fix. Hell, it will probably be futzed with by XM themselves if enough people have the same feelings as you about it.

I think this too. A little more shading in the facial lines.... Perhaps having the pupils slightly higher, ie face as is, slightly downward, but eyes still dead ahead like "Who's next?" It's the look the Neo made in the first Matrix after he destroyed Agent Smith.

I think that might get rid of the blank stares most people are seeing.

Definitely think the faces look better in the new pics. I also think the expression on the non-helmeted head is just fine. It's a look you don't normally see. It might not be highly expressive, but it is quite 'human'. Why does everything have to be all grins and smiles or snalrls and sneers?

It doesn't. But I think some were looking at this from what they were expecting it to look like from proto pics. The fact of the matter is, the sculpts for everything is exactly the same as the unpainted proto. The helmet when it is not on his head is the exact same style and look of helmet as the unpainted proto (taller and elongated with slight depressions on the side of the helmet.

I just love how people jump the gun on unfinished, W-I-P pics.

Hey, is it any wonder why SS doesn't show you guys WIP? Hmmm shouldn't be hard to guess...because overreaction ALWAYS insues by a select few. Jerry from PCS was doing what XM did (not to the same level mind you), and the same result of people overreacting from unfinished pics occurred. I'm surprised any companies have XM's level of interaction at all.

I would have told all you buzzards to KICK ROCKS!! Then again...that's why I don't make statues YET!!!

With that being said, I think the face is perfect as is. I don't need two pissed off heads. The helmeted head is the pissed off head to me and they should leave that alone. The non-helmeted head is fine as is for me. I see it as a sense of sadness and despair after years of fighting for he and his mutants very livelihoods.

:lecture:lecture My thoughts exactly after seeing the unmasked portrait painted...

It doesn't. But I think some were looking at this from what they were expecting it to look like from proto pics. The fact of the matter is, the sculpts for everything is exactly the same as the unpainted proto. The helmet when it is not on his head is the exact same style and look of helmet as the unpainted proto (taller and elongated with slight depressions on the side of the helmet.

Hey, is it any wonder why SS doesn't show you guys WIP? Hmmm shouldn't be hard to guess...because overreaction ALWAYS insues by a select few. Jerry from PCS was doing what XM did (not to the same level mind you), and the same result of people overreacting from unfinished pics occurred. I'm surprised any companies have XM's level of interaction at all.

I would have told all you buzzards to KICK ROCKS!! Then again...that's why I don't make statues YET!!!

:lecture:lecture My thoughts exactly after seeing the unmasked portrait painted...

Agreed. :grouphug

giphy.gif

Well said. XM's transparency has been excellent, but to expect them to change something just because a small fraction of users here disagree with the way it looks is absurd.

Sorry just wanted to ask to Anyone in canada who bought xm cap, how much did you guys pay in duty and taxes?

Mark ships via Fedex, so I wonder what harmonization code he uses. If it's anything like what Sideshow uses, we wouldn't be paying duty just taxes.

Well said. XM's transparency has been excellent, but to expect them to change something just because a small fraction of users here disagree with the way it looks is absurd.
Agreed, and half if not more of those people have no intention on getting the piece anyway.

Whine until it shines :lecture
I really like the unmasked portrait. You dont. That's why they gave us two to choose from. You don't like either? You don't buy:wink1:
& that's the sad thing. I want this. Who's going to beat this Magneto statue? It has so much going for it that I like. So I point out things that I personally might want tweaked, since XM welcome critiques right? This feels like the time to voice it before it's in full production mode. That's why peeps are making suggestions about what colour the cape or collar should be, including an extra resting arm .... etc. I guess peeps might think it's unfair for me to want the "feel" of the actual product to match the digital sculpt, but the "feel" of the unmasked sculpt was part of the things that got me excited for this. The new pics change the feeling of sculpt to me. So I'm a bit bummed about it. I think you can understand that.

I guess basically I'm trying to get what I want, but you already have what you want. So you're winning :lol & good for you. I'm not even mad at that. It's cool that a bunch of you like the portraits, it looks like it's going to be a nice piece.

What I wanted:

4msRSsf.jpg

What some of you are satisfied with:

6ljD9Wq.png

I'm thinking at this point some of you seem against any suggestions, but I'm going to make some more anyway :lol It might benefit peeps in the long run if it makes the statue better, so why not? I feel the irises are a bit on the large side. He nearly has no whites in his eyes. This suggestion I'm not sure about, but maybe it might look better without the glint spots added? Maybe gloss it, & let the glint spots happen naturally?
It's apparent I need to read all posts before commenting. Sorry Lawrence bro. :monkey3
:nono :faq :lol

Last edited:
Whine until it shines :lecture

& that's the sad thing. I want this. Who's going to beat this Magneto statue? It has so much going for it that I like. So I point out things that I personally might want tweaked, since XM welcome critiques right? This feels like the time to voice it before it's in full production mode. That's why peeps are making suggestions about what colour the cape or collar should be, including an extra resting arm .... etc. I guess peeps might think it's unfair for me to want the "feel" of the actual product to match the digital sculpt, but the "feel" of the unmasked sculpt was part of the things that got me excited for this. The new pics change the feeling of sculpt to me. So I'm a bit bummed about it. I think you can understand that.

I guess basically I'm trying to get what I want, but you already have what you want. So you're winning :lol & good for you. I'm not even mad at that. It's cool that a bunch of you like the portraits, it looks like it's going to be a nice piece.

What I wanted:

4msRSsf.jpg

What some of you are satisfied with:

6ljD9Wq.png

I'm thinking at this point some of you seem against any suggestions, but I'm going to make another one anyway. It might benefit peeps in the long run if it makes the statue better, so why not? I feel the irises are a bit on the large side. He nearly has no whites in his eyes. This suggestion I'm not sure about, but maybe it might look better without the glint spots added? Maybe gloss it, & let the glint spots happen naturally?

:nono :faq :lol

I think you are right about the irises. They do kinda fill up most of the eyeball.

It doesn't look like any of the facial detail has been lost from the digital print to the sculpt, it's just a matter of how much shading and so forth they are willing to put into the paintjob. It's an expensive piece, but can we expect the kind of detail we get on Hot Toys figures. Don't get me wrong, I'd love that.

Agreed, and half if not more of those people have no intention on getting the piece anyway.

I had full intent on buying this. But, the helmeted head does not look good in the WIP pics. It's too tall for his head. Looks bad in my opinion. The helmet itself and the face look great, though. If they can adjust the fit, I'm in.

I'm with Lawrence on this one. For me personally there's something off with the head-sculpt. The one without his helmet on.
Nothing to major but it does seem to need a bit more detailing & shading. The eyes seem off as well

Everything else seems perfect

I had full intent on buying this. But, the helmeted head does not look good in the WIP pics. It's too tall for his head. Looks bad in my opinion. The helmet itself and the face look great, though. If they can adjust the fit, I'm in.

Hope you get something satisfactory Bmutha :duff

I'm with Lawrence on this one. For me personally there's something off with the head-sculpt. The one without his helmet on.
Nothing to major but it does seem to need a bit more detailing & shading. The eyes seem off as well

Everything else seems perfect

Lawrence does have a point, but is it a valid one? I mean the digital sculpt has a light source coming from the right (when facing statue), which bounces off his helm, bridge of nose, & keeps his eyes in shadow, which gives him a much more intense/menacing look. The proto sculpt is shown in intense lighting, giving him a washed out look(?). If we want to go further, compare the shadows within the waves of his hair. The digital version seems way more detailed/shaded, But this can be strictly due to the lighting used to showcase proto. To really get a feel for the actual sculpt, the digital lighting has to some how be replicated to the real statue! I'm sure that there will be a vast improvement with perception once the actual sculpt is displayed in a "normal" setting, where natural shadows will provide magical effects, & an infinite number of viewing angles/options.

Lawrence does have a point, but is it a valid one? I mean the digital sculpt has a light source coming from the right (when facing statue), which bounces off his helm, bridge of nose, & keeps his eyes in shadow, which gives him a much more intense/menacing look. The proto sculpt is shown in intense lighting, giving him a washed out look(?). If we want to go further, compare the shadows within the waves of his hair. The digital version seems way more detailed/shaded, But this can be strictly due to the lighting used to showcase proto. To really get a feel for the actual sculpt, the digital lighting has to some how be replicated to the real statue! I'm sure that there will be a vast improvement with perception once the actual sculpt is displayed in a "normal" setting, where natural shadows will provide magical effects, & an infinite number of viewing angles/options.

Agreed. Also, the pic he posted is very close up in your face. As I don't plan on trying to make out with my Mags statue, a little distance would've been a better comparison.

4msRSsf.jpg

10394501_1401159633438065_8235357877992269770_n.jpg

Back