XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love their business model too and the ability to give input. I just don't want to lose it. Thanks for your input and I'll try to keep my level of enlightening sheer awesomeness per post high.

I love their business model too and the ability to give input. I just don't want to lose it. Thanks for your input and I'll try to keep my level of enlightening sheer awesomeness per post high.

I get that ... I do... But unless the guys at XM have tissue paper thick skin we are still good, but keep us honest, heck keep me honest, and if you think we are getting over the line let us know. However, I really don't think we are there yet BDogg

He/She better ... no one else is going to ... LOL

yea I'm sorta own my own…lmao these xm and ss threads (thank god this hasn't spilled into the DC threads) from marvel have been nuts lately…luckily prime 1 is still free and clear of this stuff…i do wanna see more pics, hope they made the changes and will post HD pics soon!

yea I'm sorta own my own…lmao these xm and ss threads (thank god this hasn't spilled into the DC threads) from marvel have been nuts lately…luckily prime 1 is still free and clear of this stuff…i do wanna see more pics, hope they made the changes and will post HD pics soon!

Well JAWS and I are talking about drafting you into our little band or clique as skillet calls them...You wanna come... we have COOKIES!!!

250px-PlateofCookies.gif

As for all of this stuff. It is getting a little nuts. MY only wish is that people would look at the art and separate it from the company. It isn't an SSC vs XM vs PCS thing. It is art appreciations.

Well JAWS and I are talking about drafting you into our little band or clique as skillet calls them...You wanna come... we have COOKIES!!!

250px-PlateofCookies.gif

As for all of this stuff. It is getting a little nuts. MY only wish is that people would look at the art and separate it from the company. It isn't an SSC vs XM vs PCS thing. It is art appreciations.

So true. You preach it brother

Haha have been lurking on the boards for awhile and very happy that photo i took has gotten you guys on the PO boat! Just to add that though it is true he looks short because of his sitting pose it really doesnt take away from the presence of this piece. I literally started at this piece for at least 15 minutes just spinning it around on the turntable it was on admiring its awesomeness. And remember this statue is almost as deep as it is tall! Better get those display shelves ready haha

Thanks for the updated pic as I have already PO'd. I do like all the suggestions that went into making this piece even better than what it was (Especially Spidey and your critical eyebrow and mouth adjustments). Not only did XM respond to it, it helped people pull the trigger who wouldn't have if those changes didn't happen. I come off as neutral for the most part as I am still new to the hobby and until I learn a lot more about art I rather let the more experienced/educated forum members do the talking instead of derailing this thread with long winded nonsense. So again, my wallet thanks any and all comments that helped turn this piece (XM as well for listening) into what it is.

The angle of his feet are about 10 degrees off from the art print. Fix or cancel.

Thanks for the updated pic as I have already PO'd. I do like all the suggestions that went into making this piece even better than what it was (Especially Spidey and your critical eyebrow and mouth adjustments). Not only did XM respond to it, it helped people pull the trigger who wouldn't have if those changes didn't happen. I come off as neutral for the most part as I am still new to the hobby and until I learn a lot more about art I rather let the more experienced/educated forum members do the talking instead of derailing this thread with long winded nonsense. So again, my wallet thanks any and all comments that helped turn this piece (XM as well for listening) into what it is.

Temek if you have something to add you should m8. If you don't think it is relevant or accurate you can always PM someone that you trust their opinion. As for the changes we have seen they do improve the piece. IF I had a small part in that I am very happy because people will be getting a product that they are happier with.

The angle of his feet are about 10 degrees off from the art print. Fix or cancel.

So simple questions. Do you or do you not like the improvements made since people here started suggesting them. If not then I am sorry for my part in it. If you do however, how about you get off your high horse and realize that some of us are just trying to help. I personally have no motive other than my love of art, and my willingness to offer input to try and make great art even better. I don't complain just to complain. I offer constructive C&C that is designed to help an artist, who's abilities may far exceed my own, make their work even better for the rest of you to enjoy. If you don't like reading my posts then just IGGY Custo. You will be happier.

I guess you can't please everyone his feet are fine.

He is taking a pot shot at me. Don't worry about it.

I get that ... I do... But unless the guys at XM have tissue paper thick skin we are still good, but keep us honest, heck keep me honest, and if you think we are getting over the line let us know. However, I really don't think we are there yet BDogg

Right on Spidey! Keep doing your thing Man. Your critiques of the statue were sound, focused, insightful, respectful, & very constructive, without a doubt, improving the statue. Which, I understand, was the whole point of XM's request for feedback from the collector/fanbase in the first place???!!!!

We collectors, & XM Studios, should be grateful. And in time, we will be.

it hasn't been put up for pre-order from any "official" channel yet.

I wasn't sure if someone knew the price or were folks actually paying a deposit without knowing the cost...

Right on Spidey! Keep doing your thing Man. Your critiques of the statue were sound, focused, insightful, respectful, & very constructive, without a doubt, improving the statue. Which, I understand, was the whole point of XM's request for feedback from the collector/fanbase in the first place???!!!!

We collectors, & XM Studios, should be grateful. And in time, we will be.

Thanks divo. I find it funny that I am getting such a polarized reaction here when no one that I have SEEN post has disagreed with my suggestions. It is also hilarious that people can't seem to see that I am not offering up my time and insights for any other reason than to try and be helpful. Honestly, it comes from years of being part of an online art community where we shared C&C with each other freely with two understanding, we were all honest, and we all took whatever we wanted from the critiques and criticisms. No one was under any obligation to HAVE to do anything that people suggested. All we had to do was listen and learn, and I sure as hell did. I learned from guys who are working in the comic book business, hell Paul Smith is a member there, and it helped guys like Ryan Ottley get work on Invincible. So needless to say I did EVERYTHING I could to learn from the guys there, and if I can share what I learned from them here by offering suggestions for XM to either consider or ignore, well, then I am just paying forward the knowledge they gave me. I honestly, don't intend to stop unless XM themselves asks me to. If that happens I will told my tongue, but until then I will follow your suggestions....lol

for those who "pre-ordered" from someone is Asia, was a price announced?

it hasn't been put up for pre-order from any "official" channel yet.

I wasn't sure if someone knew the price or were folks actually paying a deposit without knowing the cost...

You should PM Kayorzz ... or some of the others who have stated they have preordered.

Keep on trucking Spidey. I'm guilty of not liking the color choice on the art print for the interior of his cape. The red interior cape really bugged me after I saw the print and I had zero problems saying so. I wanted a solid purple cape. Some peeps labeled me picky for doing so. It didn't bother me. Well, when XM gave us a painted reveal, I was thrilled to see they went with a solid purple cape. Maybe they were going to go with a solid purple cape the whole time (I noticed they changed his neck/collar area to red and it was purple in the print...so it's possible they weren't going to stick to the color reference on the print). Either way, I voiced my opinion because XM asked for feedback. I'm just super happy to see they went with a solid purple cape. I'm also happy with the tweaks made to the portraits. I think feedback was critical in making this the piece we see today and I know I'll be enjoying this statue for years to come because of it. Thanks to everyone that got involved and to XM for listening. The entire process made this a better statue.

Back