XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of guys who are willing to make excuses for one company, but hammer on others. Mags is making excuses here but hammering on the SSC GHulk because someone put the skirt on backwards and took bad iPhone pics. You can't have your cake and eat it too. IMO If you are going to be hyper critical for one company you need to be hyper critical for all of them or you have no credibility.

Like credibility here matters here? :lol People will post what they want to post, trying to police every thread you go into seems like an exercise in futility imo, but it's your time to waste.

Not a fan of guys who are willing to make excuses for one company, but hammer on others. Mags is making excuses here but hammering on the SSC GHulk because someone put the skirt on backwards and took bad iPhone pics. You can't have your cake and eat it too. IMO If you are going to be hyper critical for one company you need to be hyper critical for all of them or you have no credibility.

Totally agree…not on the magnus opus part bcz I don't know him or the issue well enough but just on the overall principle that if you wanna critique, do it objectively and evenly all the way through..Personally I don't like one company over another..I buy from what looks good…ARH, PCS, SS, XM, u name it…I think, and tavegg pointed it out great, we need HD pics..simple as that..hopefully they get some up soon…lol despite the awesome, borderline fan-fiction over sad face, thats not the magneto I want…I don't want medicated magneto I want wrath of god magneto..lol I don't need to be looking at my statue and getting depressed

Like credibility here matters here? :lol People will post what they want to post, trying to police every thread you go into seems like an exercise in futility imo, but it's your time to waste.

Not really trying to police anything m8. Calling out BS ... Yep. Oh and Yank you are all over the place yourself, and you seem to be policing a certain few all the time... Lol

Totally agree…not on the magnus opus part bcz I don't know him or the issue well enough but just on the overall principle that if you wanna critique, do it objectively and evenly all the way through..Personally I don't like one company over another..I buy from what looks good…ARH, PCS, SS, XM, u name it…I think, and tavegg pointed it out great, we need HD pics..simple as that..hopefully they get some up soon…lol despite the awesome, borderline fan-fiction over sad face, thats not the magneto I want…I don't want medicated magneto I want wrath of god magneto..lol I don't need to be looking at my statue and getting depressed

I'm going to be honest... Based on these pictures I wouldn't event call it sad face... I would call it vacant or expressionless, but I do agree the excuses being made for it do border on fanfiction. Now I do believe that XMAS will fix it so here is my two cents. The raw unmasked portrait depicted a determination and intensity that has disappeared in these photos. If I am reading them right the brow needs to be brought down more in the middle and the mouth either closed or more of a gritted teeth expression needs to be added. That or the shading needs to be altered, but HD pics will help me add more of an educated opinion.

You may need to refresh yourself with what policing means :wink1:

I am sorry for you I didn't mean policing I meant stalking .... Lol.... :1-1:. Yank I got no issue with you m8. You call it like you see it. I do too. We just don't always agree, which I am all good with.

Not sure that's a fair criticism though, Spidey. One (G Hulk) is criticizing what was promised and what was delivered, albeit prematurely. The other (Mags) is judging artistic choices. You really can't say anything done on Mags is "wrong". Nothing has been bought, nothing has been sold. XM can take suggestions, but even if they don't, that's ok because now you know what you're buying.

I don't know Spidey does have a point thought guys. Like the digital sculpt, he looks pretty pissed like he's thinking about his next move but in the painted version he looks like he's contemplating life or something. Which is cool, but it sorta kills the vibe that we, or rather I, had initially

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Not sure that's a fair criticism though, Spidey. One (G Hulk) is criticizing what was promised and what was delivered, albeit prematurely. The other (Mags) is judging artistic choices. You really can't say anything done on Mags is "wrong". Nothing has been bought, nothing has been sold. XM can take suggestions, but even if they don't, that's ok because now you know what you're buying.

I think that it is fair though. You can't judge what was promised from a set of iPhone pics of an improperly assembled statue. Anymore than you should write a novel to justify why a paint job doesn't capture the raw intensity or expression of the originally teased sculpt. One is an example of an increasingly negative agenda against SSC, and the other is a gushing fanboy like attitude that he himself has railed against when he feels like it is aimed at SSC. I am impartial to any one company. I call excellent work excellent work, and shoddy work shoddy work. It doesn't matter which company is behind it.

I agree with this.... I mean... If he likes the expression even though it's not what was original promised then fine... However if they showed a certain face and then sold it with the promise of that face... even if you like it... You should still have an issue with the false advertising because one of these days you are not going to like the unannounced change.

If magnumopus is unhappy with the Ghulk skirt... fine. I get it. If he likes Magnetos facial expression even though it's different then the original then that is cool also... However he should probably expect it to change because I think he is in the minority. It is not even close to what was originally planned as the sculpt.

Add on to the fact that this is not even up for Pre order yet.. Is it??? So I guess until it is XM can make whatever changes they want and still be honest.

However I still think the overreaction to the Hulk skirt is a bit comical... It might be a tad premature to get out the fire and pitchforks for Bad pics of a piece put on the wrong way.

Last edited:
I think that it is fair though. You can't judge what was promised from a set of iPhone pics of an improperly assembled statue. Anymore than you should write a novel to justify why a paint job doesn't capture the raw intensity or expression of the originally teased sculpt. One is an example of an increasingly negative agenda against SSC, and the other is a gushing fanboy like attitude that he himself has railed against when he feels like it is aimed at SSC. I am impartial to any one company. I call excellent work excellent work, and shoddy work shoddy work. It doesn't matter which company is behind it.

You are dreaming Spidey, and you are talking as if these are my feelings! You are turning it something personal! Besides you are getting rude to me!!! Let's not make it a personal war!

Good point Jaws. If you like it then you like it. Your opinion

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

CR Superman and Changes to the Campbell Spidey Comiquette are proof of this.

guys cmon..apes no kill apes

tumblr_n8qcdeNTUk1rzpyc0o1_400.gif

:lol

While I'll agree the helmet looks elongated, I'll wait for final professional pictures before I pick up my pitchfork and board a flight to Singapore. :)

I agree with the criticism regards both head sculps. I hope xm studios listens and makes the necessary changes.

Back