XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how the painted helmet can be the same as the one in the photo of the unpainted statue. The helmet sitting there is for the most part smooth. Look at the right side of the painted helmet, anything but. Was there a switch and why? That having been said, does anybody know that the helmet is at all movable? People are saying it needs to be lower. I agree. Maybe that can be accomplished by rotating it forward rather than pushing it down. Maybe they didn't want to rub the paint off so the helmet isn't quite in position, assuming it is a seperate piece.

The only thing that I can definitely say for certain that needs to change is the helmeted head? If I didn't know any better, I would say the helmet can be taken off the head....because looking at the printed unpainted proto...the helmeted head looks perfect. The elongated (The Leader) helmet seems to be the one that should be sitting on top of the Sentinel's thumb area.

I think XM must have accidentally put the wrong helmet on the head. That helmet must be interchangeable like the Cerebro helmet is.

Other than that, I can't tell much by the pics posted in terms of paint app quality and even the facial expression for that matter. Here's to seeing what happens between now and the next set of better pics posted here.

Other than that...awesome piece. But call me crazy...Hawkeye for me is looking to be the best of all the statues that have been painted up so far. I really love that statue.

I think we DO need better pics to make a correct judgment (specially about the colours), but the helmet on the masked portrait does look a tad big. They printed the helmet separately, that's probably why it doesn't fit in a perfect way... you can see the portrait they use for the masked face (without the helmet) on this pic

10364182_10152343629748565_8613387722994995700_n.jpg

Of course I´m getting this statue, it's ****ing epic. I only wish they can do something with the helmet "issue" :)

The only thing that I can definitely say for certain that needs to change is the helmeted head? If I didn't know any better, I would say the helmet can be taken off the head....because looking at the printed unpainted proto...the helmeted head looks perfect. The elongated (The Leader) helmet seems to be the one that should be sitting on top of the Sentinel's thumb area.

I think XM must have accidentally put the wrong helmet on the head. That helmet must be interchangeable like the Cerebro helmet is.

Other than that, I can't tell much by the pics posted in terms of paint app quality and even the facial expression for that matter. Here's to seeing what happens between now and the next set of better pics posted here.

Other than that...awesome piece. But call me crazy...Hawkeye for me is looking to be the best of all the statues that have been painted up so far. I really love that statue.

Totally agree. The Hawkeye from paint to sculpt is the best so far. Magneto is still awsome, but he needs some slight tweaking. I am still ordering Mags ASAP when preorder goes up. The only issues I have had with XM is there face sculpts seem to be off (other than Hawkeye). That is why I did not get their Cap.

Totally agree. The Hawkeye from paint to sculpt is the best so far. Magneto is still awsome, but he needs some slight tweaking. I am still ordering Mags ASAP when preorder goes up. The only issues I have had with XM is there face sculpts seem to be off (other than Hawkeye). That is why I did not get their Cap.

Really?? I thought cap was epic and probably the best presentation of the character!

Like a few others said, the helmet is too long and a needs to be resized a little bit. The unmasked portrait looks a little off (I forgot to do something look) but will wait for hi res pics before saying more.

This is one of the big reasons I think XM will succeed...they listen to critique and suggestions, then make changes. We can suggest changes all day long on a SS statue and they won't do anything 99.9% of the time. I really appreciate their willingness to adapt to what their consumers want and make adjustments if fiscally doable. You'd think that would be in any basic business class.

:lecture to ally agree with the helmet "problem". They did print the helmet separately...and that hawkeye :thud: He's number 2 in my XM list so far

58421_1400722933481735_7257694360116519653_n.jpg

I am not disappointed with his facial expression, maybe you don't like just because Magneto is such a powerful character! But when you consider his past and childhood drama, even a powerful mutant can get tired and depressed of giving an endless war! When I look at this piece, I see a great story. This is why I love XM Studios, they are not only making statues like other brands. For me this head is a good example. We see two heads and it is great to witness how a different facial expression adds more feeling to a statue! This diorama tells me the end of the war which is conquered by Magneto at last but each head tells a different psychology of Magneto about the end of the war!

The paint job on this appears to be taking away for the intensity of the naked sculpt. It could just be the bad iPhone pics though. If you are going to hammer on SSC you shouldn't make excuses for XM pieces. You want people to listen to you as if you are impartial, but you aren't being so here.... At least not IMHO. If one company needs to be put under the microscope so should the other.

Why do you play forum police in every thread Shawn? :lol

Not a fan of guys who are willing to make excuses for one company, but hammer on others. Mags is making excuses here but hammering on the SSC GHulk because someone put the skirt on backwards and took bad iPhone pics. You can't have your cake and eat it too. IMO If you are going to be hyper critical for one company you need to be hyper critical for all of them or you have no credibility.

I think we DO need better pics to make a correct judgment (specially about the colours), but the helmet on the masked portrait does look a tad big. They printed the helmet separately, that's probably why it doesn't fit in a perfect way... you can see the portrait they use for the masked face (without the helmet) on this pic

View attachment 123489

Of course I´m getting this statue, it's ****ing epic. I only wish they can do something with the helmet "issue" :)

Well this pic^^shows that the head and helmet are separate. I think the helmet head pictured below that was sneaked first and appears to be one sculpted piece looks better.

ama2yhyj.jpg

Back