XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10507127_1398955133658515_6354838263587400601_o.jpg

This pic is soooo AWESOME. However, his cape should be purple. Hoping it's corrected on the proto you guys are painting up.

Red on the inside of the cape and purple on the outside perhaps? Clearly the cape is purple at the tops of his shoulders.

Red on the inside of the cape and purple on the outside perhaps? Clearly the cape is purple at the tops of his shoulders.

Yeah, it is purple on the outside of the cape. I just hope they go all the way and make the entire cape purple. That's his classic look and I'm a little worried all that red will kind of bleed together with his torso, legs, and chest area and not give us any contrast. Look, I'm not asking for anything special to be done here. His cape IS purple so I'm hoping that they'll keep that in mind when they're painting up the proto. XM is a company that listens to its customers. If we can be honest with each other....does anyone really prefer the red for the inside of his cape? If there was a poll put up, I'd have to believe most peeps would prefer that the cape be comic accurate and solid purple. I don't see a problem bringing this point up. They may not listen but I don't see how it hurts mentioning it.

I'm not directing the last few sentences above at you MrStayPuft. I just don't see why other peeps here would argue for a red cape. Sometimes I feel peeps like to just say contrary things just because they want to play devil's advocate or think a company can do no wrong. I have no problem pointing things out that bother me. Especially with a company like XM that welcomes feedback.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm speechless. I can't wait to get him.

Yes, purple cape please.

I don't give a damn what color the cape is (purple, red...don't matter). Why??? Because it looks great either way. If the print shows the inside of the cape as red and the outside purple (which makes a lot of sense mind you), then it should be consistent and be red on the inside.

Awesome is awesome....red or purple.

If it's purple...great. If it's red....great. Doesn't matter.

The painting on the base is freaking amazing. And just for the record, I'm with the purple cape crew. I'm getting it either way as that is something which can be repainted should I feel the need to do so, but just throwing it out there.

The brighter shade of purple/red was a good call too. The darker colors works great for the artwork, but I think the brighter colors work out good for the actual statue.

**Oh yea. Are the sentinel hands going to be blue like in the photo?

Last edited:
I don't give a damn what color the cape is (purple, red...don't matter). Why??? Because it looks great either way. If the print shows the inside of the cape as red and the outside purple (which makes a lot of sense mind you), then it should be consistent and be red on the inside.

I'm not saying the piece isn't great because he has a red interior cape. However, if you have a choice, would you want it red or purple? Just because it's wrong on the print doesn't mean it has to be wrong on the statue I'm displaying in my collection. Again, I don't see this as a big deal for mentioning it. It's not like I'm not going to order the statue because this. However, I see nothing wrong asking for a comic accurate color to be used on the cape. Bottom line, if each of us had a choice...do you really think most of us would chose a red cape over a purple one?

XM visits these threads and reads our posts. I just look at this as an opportunity to point out the cape and to see how my fellow collectors feel about it. If most of us prefer the purple, maybe XM will hear what we have to say and make a change from the print. As we know, they are open to suggestions. That all said, I hope they decide to go with an all purple cape. I don't care if it's different from the print. My prints just stay in the box anyways.

I applaud all the quality going into these stautes. If you're trying to be top notch, then go all the way and be as accurate as possible. Purple cape please.

Agreed, red or purple both work for me. This appears to be meeting and exceeding expectations! So glad I'm in for this guy :panic:

I'm not saying the piece isn't great because he has a red interior cape. However, if you have a choice, would you want it red or purple? Just because it's wrong on the print doesn't mean it has to be wrong on the statue I'm displaying in my collection. Again, I don't see this as a big deal for mentioning it. It's not like I'm not going to order the statue because this. However, I see nothing wrong asking for a comic accurate color to be used on the cape. Bottom line, if each of us had a choice...do you really think most of us would chose a red cape over a purple one?

XM visits these threads and reads our posts. I just look at this as an opportunity to point out the cape and to see how my fellow collectors feel about it. If most of us prefer the purple, maybe XM will hear what we have to say and make a change from the print. As we know, they are open to suggestions. That all said, I hope they decide to go with an all purple cape. I don't care if it's different from the print. My prints just stay in the box anyways.

I'll be honest bro...I'm not the best person to ask this because my opinion is I don't prefer either or. I like both. Whichever color they choose to go with, I will be fine with.

So if they go with purple, which is what you and others prefer....great...go for it XM. I told Shorudan from XM a long time ago. I'm easy when it comes to appeasing me with their Marvel statues.

Like the Ms. Marvel choice to not go with Warbird costume first....I'm fine with that because I like Ms. Marvel just in general. I have a little harder time with Wolverine because I am so sick and tired of blue / yellow color scheme. But XM's Wolverine is so awesome I will get it anyways....especially since it will be a different sculpt from the brown / yellow version if they hopefully get to release it soon.

Back