The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was complimenting how the authors / producers depicted the previously human vampires in this episode.

Gotcha! I re-read the post and it's clear now. Odd way to pay a compliment, but I must have read it too quickly the first time and missed the context.

Probably would've been better stated by saying he liked how jerky their movements were. Regardless, I liked this last episode (despite some small issues).

As someone who has read both the novels and comics, I'm interested to see where they plan to wrap up season one. I've got an idea but with only three episodes left (correction provided by Mister Ski) it would make for some relatively plot heavy final episodes.

Last edited:
Probably would've been better stated by saying he liked how jerky their movements were. Regardless, I liked this last episode (despite some small issues).

As someone who has read both the novels and comics, I'm interested to see where they plan to wrap up season one. I've got an idea but with only two episodes left (correct me if I'm mistaken) it would make for some relatively plot heavy final episodes.

Three episodes left.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was nodding off when I wrote that post. Could of done with some explanation.

There are a couple times in the book where they see a person in the distance and as they watch they state that their movement is all wrong, that it's not the way a human being is supposed to move.

I love for the most part what they've done with the strigoi in the show. They really emphasized just how animalistic the virus makes them and their movements freak me out. I saw online a picture of a strigoi all done up but they had a mouth appliance that showed the jaw dislocated like they described in the book but I haven't seen it used. I kinda got the feeling they showed that with Kelly when she attacked the kid, kinda looked like she dislocated it digitally. I wonder if they decided to scrap the dislocation altogether.

If this episode made me realize anything, it's that a ****ing hate old people. I know Noras mom either had Alzheimer's or she's senile but my god, every moment she was on the screen I wanted to tell her to shut the hell up. Wanted to say the same thing to setrakian when he wanted to run into that giant room.

If this episode made me realize anything, it's that a ****ing hate old people. I know Noras mom either had Alzheimer's or she's senile but my god, every moment she was on the screen I wanted to tell her to shut the hell up. Wanted to say the same thing to setrakian when he wanted to run into that giant room.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Oh, also that scene with the strigoi crawling in the hole after fet was easily the creepiest Damn scene in the show so far.

This show always manages to creep me out. In a good way. :lol

I thought this episode was pretty tense. I love how they have strayed from the books and made Eph and Fet antagonists to each other. Two alpha males butting heads. Team Fet here. All the way. Eph can be so infuriating. What a dumb move to go off on his own after "Kelly". Good to see Gus back on screen too. Too bad about his mom, but now he is in full bad ass mode. Love how he chopped the landlord's head right off. :rock

Why was Zach so afraid of those two kids who came into the store? Silly plot device to put him in "danger" with that strigoi in the basement. Although I guess the even sillier plot device was going out for cigarettes in the first place. Gus took care of it though.

Anyone else hoping that Nora's mom was dead when Zach got back? I was hoping she would fall over dead when Zach reached out to touch her and reveal that standing behind her was strigoi Kelly.

2 more episodes left...

I just hope it doesn't become a "Where's Carl?" kind of thing with Eph's kid.

Did Eph ever explain to his son of the dangers that were outside or didn't he bother?

Did Eph ever explain to his son of the dangers that were outside or didn't he bother?

Given his mother's strigoi boyfriend (Mike?) tried to eat him, and the old man's been letting him read about the strigoi, I'd say he has a good idea.

Given his mother's strigoi boyfriend (Matt) tried to eat him, and the old man's been letting him read about the strigoi, I'd say he has a good idea.

Why would Eph want to educate his son as to what is going on in the outside world and how it might impact him??? :dunno Bad parenting at it's finest.

Like Nam said, despite Eph's lack of telling Zach what is going on, I think Zach has a good idea now, especially after seeing that strigoi in the basement. I think that is why he started practicing stabbing things with the knife in the store's basement afterwards.

Why was Zach so afraid of those two kids who came into the store? Silly plot device to put him in "danger" with that strigoi in the basement. Although I guess the even sillier plot device was going out for cigarettes in the first place. Gus took care of it though.

Anyone else hoping that Nora's mom was dead when Zach got back? I was hoping she would fall over dead when Zach reached out to touch her and reveal that standing behind her was strigoi Kelly.

2 more episodes left...

Yea, I didn't get why he was scared of those teenagers either. Did anyone else notice when Gus encountered his brother , there was a good portion of the sun glaring right off his sweatshirt cause he was standing in light? Does the sun have to come in direct contact with their skin to burn them? Also, I hope they just stop showing the masters face, he looks more and more goofy every time they show him. I just laugh every time I see him.

Why would Eph want to educate his son as to what is going on in the outside world and how it might impact him??? :dunno Bad parenting at it's finest.

Like Nam said, despite Eph's lack of telling Zach what is going on, I think Zach has a good idea now, especially after seeing that strigoi in the basement. I think that is why he started practicing stabbing things with the knife in the store's basement afterwards.

Just seems to me that he didn't get enough of a scare to keep his butt inside that locked gate. He should've just locked "Grandma" in the basement.

Yea, I didn't get why he was scared of those teenagers either. Did anyone else notice when Gus encountered his brother , there was a good portion of the sun glaring right off his sweatshirt cause he was standing in light? Does the sun have to come in direct contact with their skin to burn them? Also, I hope they just stop showing the masters face, he looks more and more goofy every time they show him. I just laugh every time I see him.

I was kinda hoping maybe he'd got burned just a little by Fet's light so they'd have an excuse to make him look creepier or something. His minions are creepier than he is.

yea, I was hoping for something along those lines too. I'm fine with the hands. His whole face needs reworking though, it's just not creepy. Has to be one of Guillermos worst creatures he's ever put on film or maybe my standards are too high from what he has done in the past.

Back