The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This episode, while excellent, did not happen in the books at all. Far as I recall, jim was bitten by Pilot Redfern in the book......frankly, I like how they fleshed out his character in the show myself. And I don't recall any Hacker chick - the Net was down in the book, but we never saw how or by whom. And the whole her getting ditched is pretty consistent with the tone of the books

Probably my fav episode thus far. Finally Fet is now a big part of the story. YAY!

Good tense episode. As a reader of the book series, it was nice to have a show that wasn't in the books at all. I didn't know what to expect. :lol

Fet and Setrakian are awesome. Eph is slowly starting to come around (as evidenced when he killed the baker dude), but it was getting a little annoying when every time Setrakian told him something about the vamps, he wouldn't believe him. Nora is still useless too. I like the hacker chick and hope she sticks around for awhile. Maybe she will be the Strain's version of Daryl from WD. A character that wasn't in the books but becomes pretty cool as the character develops. Poor Samwise.

Yeah, good episode. None of it occurred in the book but I didn't mind it at all. It was really freaky and now we're really starting to see the differences in the vamps stages. Also glad to see that the Scooby gang is finally together. I loved the Rick Baker cameo as well. Completely random but oh so awesome.

The only part that I didn't really dig was when the hacker yells "Oh my god! An old guy with a sword!". I actually cringed when she said that. It was like the show channeled their inner syfy channel with it and her delivery was terrible.

I'm kinda curious if this hacker girl is gonna end up becoming one of the gang and then later on she'll have an episode where she confesses to her new rag tag group of friends that she was responsible for all the phone lines/cell towers/internet not working during the attacks and she didn't know what it was for and blah blah blah.

Scooby gang? Are you a BTVS watcher too? Who is Rick Baker?

I'm on episode 3 and bored. Do i need to keep going?
Yes, and report back with your thoughts after every episode. Last night was episode 8, so you got a ways to go. Chop chop.

I'm on episode 3 and bored. Do i need to keep going?

Yes, you should. If you're bored after a couple more, then I'd drop it. It not the type of show for you then.

Great episode last night. Sorry to see Jim go so soon though.

Good tense episode. As a reader of the book series, it was nice to have a show that wasn't in the books at all. I didn't know what to expect. :lol

Fet and Setrakian are awesome. Eph is slowly starting to come around (as evidenced when he killed the baker dude), but it was getting a little annoying when every time Setrakian told him something about the vamps, he wouldn't believe him. Nora is still useless too. I like the hacker chick and hope she sticks around for awhile. Maybe she will be the Strain's version of Daryl from WD. A character that wasn't in the books but becomes pretty cool as the character develops. Poor Samwise.

yea, I hope she stays around too cause she is kinda hot. We need a little bit of eye candy. Nora is attractive, but she doesn't do anything for me. Btw-what happened with her mom? No way she is still human having Alzheimer's.

yea, I hope she stays around too cause she is kinda hot. We need a little bit of eye candy. Nora is attractive, but she doesn't do anything for me. Btw-what happened with her mom? No way she is still human having Alzheimer's.

I don't know what happened to Nora's mom. They were all at Setrakian's shop a couple eps back, but I don't know who is watching her now or if she is alone at the shop.

I have one question about last night's episode. How did the credit card get accepted at the gas pump when the electronics/communication systems were down?

The odd thing is it sounded like the hacker girl was about to speak up about the card not working when it magically went through which left me scratching my head.

Rick Baker is a famous make up artist. He's done a lot of big time films. Which makes it funny that he was killed by cgi in this episode. He was the guy with the ponytail who got killed by the strigoi.

This show seems to get better and better, every week. It's one of about 3 shows I watch Sunday night, but of those shows, The Strain seems like the fastest 60 minutes of the night. Having not read any of the books, I 've not known what to expect, from week to week. The last two episodes in particular were great. I'll be interested to see how that group of (I'm assuming) vampires in the body armor with the guns fit into the overall story. Anyway, great show!

Yea, the credit card thing seems very intentional, since she was going to say something and seemed surprised when it worked. Might have some meaning later.

I liked the episode, but I am getting tired of Nora and Eph not coming around. How many times does Setrakian have to point out that he's been right every time before Eph stops the bullheaded arguing? Fet is pragmatic - it's not about believing, it's about what's right in front of your eyes. Eph isn't like that, and he's taking way too long to get the point.

Hopefully this week was the turning point for him, and hopefully they kill of Nora. I'd have no problem with that. Other than her, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I don't know what happened to Nora's mom. They were all at Setrakian's shop a couple eps back, but I don't know who is watching her now or if she is alone at the shop.

I have one question about last night's episode. How did the credit card get accepted at the gas pump when the electronics/communication systems were down?

It was working hit and miss. The pumps are probably on a different line. It's just luck that they worked when they needed to. :D

Yea, the credit card thing seems very intentional, since she was going to say something and seemed surprised when it worked. Might have some meaning later.

I liked the episode, but I am getting tired of Nora and Eph not coming around. How many times does Setrakian have to point out that he's been right every time before Eph stops the bullheaded arguing? Fet is pragmatic - it's not about believing, it's about what's right in front of your eyes. Eph isn't like that, and he's taking way too long to get the point.

Hopefully this week was the turning point for him, and hopefully they kill of Nora. I'd have no problem with that. Other than her, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

:rotfl I hear you brother and agree 100%.

She's definitely more powerful in the books. In the show she's shown as pretty weak. In the books she actually becomes a bit of a badass.

Yeah I am hoping Nora's character becomes tougher as the show goes on. Her book counter part was stronger. I actually liked her book character because she wasn't whiny and wishy washy. Plus I admit I am biased. I just don't like Mia Maestro as an actress. Ever since she popped up on Alias and sent that show on a downward spiral, she has been delivering emotionless dull performances ever since.

Yea, I don't think it's the difference with the book for Nora that's really bugging me - Eph is taking longer to get it together on the show as well, but I can tolerate it because the acting is much better. With Maestro, the acting is just weak, making the whiny all the more grating on the nerves. I don't think toughening her up will help much, but we'll see.

Yeah I am hoping Nora's character becomes tougher as the show goes on. Her book counter part was stronger. I actually liked her book character because she wasn't whiny and wishy washy. Plus I admit I am biased. I just don't like Mia Maestro as an actress. Ever since she popped up on Alias and sent that show on a downward spiral, she has been delivering emotionless dull performances ever since.

That's how I feel about Ali Larter who is on Legends now. I like the show, but her acting is just so bad. I can only hope she gets killed off soon. :lol

I don't watch Legends, but have seen Ali Larter in other things like Heroes and a couple movies. While she is nice to look at, I have to agree her acting is pretty horrible too.

They had her as a stripper in one show. She does not have the body for it. She had to give Sean Bean a lap dance and...oh my. She also played drunk once. That was funny. If she were a real spy, she'd be dead already.

Legends is good simply because Sean Bean is awesome. Trouble is, his supporting cast is horrid.

Back