The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How old is David Bradley's character supposed to be? I'm sitting here watching it, and he looks like he's in his twenties back in 1944, so that would put him, what, around 90? He's a spry old coot.

Those guys at the end, I assume we will learn that back story later on? They obviously are somewhat infected, but seem more ancient and defn know what they are up against.

Eventually yes.

This episode was definitely creepy as hell. The way that the lawyer moved was so creepy, it seems they're definitely with the unnatural movement of the later stage vamps. Hopefully we see more Fet soon.

Book and episode spoiler regarding quinlain

Spoiler Spoiler:

This show is getting creepy as hell!

I have to go to bed right after it goes off and I don't like that! :lol

Loving this show. They are doing a good job bringing the books to the screen, but I guess that is to be expected considering Hogan and Del Toro are exec producers. It's been a few years since I read the books, but I don't ever remember the vamps (yes, I am going to call them vamps) crawling the way attorney mom did. Also, why was she the only vamp crawling? Creepy looking, but kind of weird at the same time too.

Bullet to the head. I am assuming it is a silver bullet. :yess:

Was it a bullet or a crossbow bolt?

I know in the books they described the vampires as walking or running but in a way that wasn't quite human. Like something was off about them. Perhaps they'll have the later stage vamps do more of that crab crawl type run and ditch the normal run?

did Jim die in the same fashion in the books? Was hoping for more than just a 1hr episode at the gas station. I would've thought that hacker chick would be more closely connected to those that hired her. I got the impression she did that one hack job for them and they cut ties.

did Jim die in the same fashion in the books? Was hoping for more than just a 1hr episode at the gas station. I would've thought that hacker chick would be more closely connected to those that hired her. I got the impression she did that one hack job for them and they cut ties.

This episode, while excellent, did not happen in the books at all. Far as I recall, jim was bitten by Pilot Redfern in the book......frankly, I like how they fleshed out his character in the show myself. And I don't recall any Hacker chick - the Net was down in the book, but we never saw how or by whom. And the whole her getting ditched is pretty consistent with the tone of the books

Probably my fav episode thus far. Finally Fet is now a big part of the story. YAY!

Yeah, good episode. None of it occurred in the book but I didn't mind it at all. It was really freaky and now we're really starting to see the differences in the vamps stages. Also glad to see that the Scooby gang is finally together. I loved the Rick Baker cameo as well. Completely random but oh so awesome.

The only part that I didn't really dig was when the hacker yells "Oh my god! An old guy with a sword!". I actually cringed when she said that. It was like the show channeled their inner syfy channel with it and her delivery was terrible.

I'm kinda curious if this hacker girl is gonna end up becoming one of the gang and then later on she'll have an episode where she confesses to her new rag tag group of friends that she was responsible for all the phone lines/cell towers/internet not working during the attacks and she didn't know what it was for and blah blah blah.

Well no one has a gun to your head saying you have to. I'm not sure which episode was on last night but it's ramping up. Couldn't hurt to give it a few more episodes.

Back