XM Studios Ms Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I'm a collector, I love to collect beautiful and dynamic statues regardless of who makes them. I'm not an *Insert favorite statue company here* elitist. :lol

I don't care who makes a collectible (nor do I care about ES, but that's another conversation). If I like it then that's all that matters to me. :D

I like this statue and I would really like to have it in my collection...my wallet may have something to say about it though! :gah: :lol

This is why Sith Beagle rules :rock

giphy.gif

:lol

I'm a collector, I love to collect beautiful and dynamic statues regardless of who makes them. I'm not an *Insert favorite statue company here* elitist. :lol

I don't care who makes a collectible (nor do I care about ES, but that's another conversation). If I like it then that's all that matters to me. :D

I like this statue and I would really like to have it in my collection...my wallet may have something to say about it though! :gah: :lol

Exactly, put out a fine statue and you will have my money, whichever company/person that may be. I'm collecting top quality pieces for the long haul, one must be picky to maintain a level of satisfaction in your collection. Glad to have like minded people to share our passion with.

I have to be honest...I love Ms. Marvel. But I find myself wishing this statue had Ms. Marvel wearing her black costume, with thigh high boots, and sash. IMHO one of the best costumes ever. I am not as thrilled with the idea of her wearing her original costume...but who knows? Maybe the sculpt will be so awesome I will have no choice but to cave and buy it.

I have to be honest...I love Ms. Marvel. But I find myself wishing this statue had Ms. Marvel wearing her black costume, with thigh high boots, and sash. IMHO one of the best costumes ever. I am not as thrilled with the idea of her wearing her original costume...but who knows. Maybe the sculpt will be so awesome I will have no choice but to cave and buy it.

I was originally ignoring the piece as well due to the costume choice but the way it seems to be executed is really fantastic IMO. Seeing the digital render of it totally sold it for me.

SS already did the black warbird version. I think XM is trying to differentiate themselves a little bit. Why make the same exact costume that SS already nailed perfectly? Just my thoughts

SS already did the black warbird version. I think XM is trying to differentiate themselves a little bit. Why make the same exact costume that SS already nailed perfectly? Just my thoughts

I agree James. It looks like XM is going down a different path. If you look at their character and costume choices, it's fairly evident XM is trying to differentiate themselves from SSC. Thanos, Ant Man, Mags, Phoenix, Dr Strange, and Black Bolt haven't even been touched by SSC in 1/4 scale. Also, XM's entire X-MEN lineup is from the 80's/Byrne era instead of the 90's/Lee era that SSC is doing. I'm actually thrilled XM is taking this approach. I generally tend to favor classic costumes and XM is filling a void (in terms of character and costume choices) left by SSC.

Gotta agree, as much as I wanted her in the Warbird costume. It's worth noting that XM knows all about the demand for it, so it may very well happen down the road. Just might be waiting for it a year or two... or three.:lol

I love that they are handling this classic costumes so well, but I do hope that we get modern statues at some point as well.

Stig and Empire

XM did mention in a post of theirs on FB that a Warbird costume version is definitely something on their radar as a future project. No timeline but she will be made eventually was my take on their comments.

The sith Begal is wiser then I could have ever known :hi5: :lol

Stig and Empire

XM did mention in a post of theirs on FB that a Warbird costume version is definitely something on their radar as a future project. No timeline but she will be made eventually was my take on their comments.

The sith Begal is wiser then I could have ever known :hi5: :lol

Sorry I meant modern like a Captain Marvel Statue. The warbird costume is cool but so many statues already get made in that era of designs. I would really like to see some Marvel Now era costumes and what not. A Thor God of Thunder statue would be great for example

Sorry I meant modern like a Captain Marvel Statue. The warbird costume is cool but so many statues already get made in that era of designs. I would really like to see some Marvel Now era costumes and what not. A Thor God of Thunder statue would be great for example

Ah gotcha. Yeah both would be super cool bro. I'd be down as well

I understand why XM may want to do a different uniform...I'm just not a fan of Ms. Marvel's original costume. Ms. Marvel's black costume is one of my favorite costumes period...so I acknowledge I am being very selfish wishing XM would use the black costume. :)

But...I'm not sure XM needs to avoid any project that SS has done before, regardless if SS nailed it. If XM wants to play with the big boys like SS, or be seen as a viable alternative to SS, why not do a Ms. Marvel piece in same costume...and do it better?? If XM crafts a Ms. Marvel statue wearing the black costume in a dynamic flying pose, with an excellent face sculpt, a fantastic paint job, and minimal QC issues...wouldn't that differentiate them from SS?

I believe that XM could employ a multi-layered business strategy. They can produce 1/4 scale offerings that SS has neglected, while simultaneously not being afraid to tackle projects that SS has done before...and do them better.

That being said...I still would not be surprised to find myself pre-ordering this statue. :lol

I understand why XM may want to do a different uniform...I'm just not a fan of Ms. Marvel's original costume. Ms. Marvel's black costume is one of my favorite costumes period...so I acknowledge I am being very selfish wishing XM would use the black costume. :)

But...I'm not sure XM needs to avoid any project that SS has done before, regardless if SS nailed it. If XM wants to play with the big boys like SS, or be seen as a viable alternative to SS, why not do a Ms. Marvel piece in same costume...and do it better?? If XM crafts a Ms. Marvel statue wearing the black costume in a dynamic flying pose, with an excellent face sculpt, a fantastic paint job, and minimal QC issues...wouldn't that differentiate them from SS?

I believe that XM could employ a multi-layered business strategy. They can produce 1/4 scale offerings that SS has neglected, while simultaneously not being afraid to tackle projects that SS has done before...and do them better.

That being said...I still would not be surprised to find myself pre-ordering this statue. :lol

You are making all of us even more broke dude :rotfl

Back