1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't seen the remake... just didn't interest me. But I'll eventually get around to it.

I'm with you on this. In fact I have not seen ED, ED2 or AoD. I might will someday. Its just that those cheesy horror-comedy films isn't a favorite genre for me. Myers/Jason/Freddy will always remain the best.
Well I don't think Evil Dead and ED 2 are any more comedic than your typical Freddy movie, for what that's worth. The first Evil Dead is only really funny in the sense that everything is so over the top, while in the Freddy movies, even in the first one, the character is supposed to have a kind of humor to him. While something like Elm Street 2 is more unintentional comedy and. . .exploration of homosexual themes than actual horror movie.

I recall reading that The Evil Dead didn't turn out to be as scary as Raimi, Tapert and Campbell intended, so the remake is more of a throwback to their original intentions. From that perspective, the remake is not completely unnecessary except that they could have made Evil Dead II more of a pure horror film rather than comedic horror if they really wanted to make a scary movie.
I remember reading something along those lines, but it felt to me just like a means of hyping the new movie and making it seem worthwhile, rather than a genuine belief those guys had about the first film. But, maybe they were being honest.

I still haven't seen the remake... just didn't interest me. But I'll eventually get around to it.
Same. I may watch it one of these days but I haven't felt compelled to do it yet.

Well I don't think Evil Dead and ED 2 are any more comedic than your typical Freddy movie, for what that's worth. The first Evil Dead is only really funny in the sense that everything is so over the top, while in the Freddy movies, even in the first one, the character is supposed to have a kind of humor to him. While something like Elm Street 2 is more unintentional comedy and. . .exploration of homosexual themes than actual horror movie.

I remember reading something along those lines, but it felt to me just like a means of hyping the new movie and making it seem worthwhile, rather than a genuine belief those guys had about the first film. But, maybe they were being honest.

Same. I may watch it one of these days but I haven't felt compelled to do it yet.
Thank you for clarifying that. I still will check those out. I can't believe I haven't seen them given I am a horror fan. I might just as well start watching those this weekend! I am not a big fan of Freddy but I enjoyed some of the movies. I only have one custom Freddy figure and that's good enough for me. :) I thought Beto's Ash figure was so cool and that's when I wondered about it and I started to look into those movies.

I'd definitely look into the remake for those who haven't seen it. It was basically a more dark (gritty?) reimagining. It wasn't cheesy like ED1/2 is (or over the top as some say). It does the original justice unlike other remakes (I'm looking at you RZ H2 or Total recall) although it's missing the Ash character (who really didn't develop until ED2)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No it doesn't, it just shocks me that professed horror fans haven't seen the evil dead films it doesn't make sense.

I wish I have the answer to the big question why I haven't seen any of those (except for the remake). I am a big horror fan so therefore no excuses. :dunno I plan to catch up and watch them.

I loved the remake. It was dark, creepy, brutal. the girl in it did a really great job.

Some stuff is kind of stupid and some of the make up looks dumb, BUT the gore and the violence makes up for it. Definitely. I recommend it.

is anything from this there?

Just what you can see in this picture unfortunately.
tumblr_mrp2wq58Kn1r91fqoo1_500_zps35bb350b.jpg

Back