1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The irony is that SSC doesn't have the balls to tell us what's up

true...but I guess they will just use Marvel as their excuse....at this point,I don't care.SDCC was one of the most overwhelming toy reveals in the last few years (there was just so much I'm interested that is coming from all (most) toy companies that I collect.How can anyone afford all the crap that is coming?

I'd love to have that,but its pick and choose,pick and choose
Yep, been very overwhelmed with all the announcements. I had the instant 'want' on tons of things, but I've got no room left and need to think carefully before jumping into anything.

Yep, been very overwhelmed with all the announcements. I had the instant 'want' on tons of things, but I've got no room left and need to think carefully before jumping into anything.

The good thing is, I think are a good year away from seeing any of that stuff in hand, ie the marvel and new SW stuff

And people just quietly swallowed the bait... Ugh. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a part of this community.

You're not alone in this Riddick.
I, myself have cancelled all of my pre orders from Sideshow including all Star Wars, DC, Drake, Snake and so on.
I'm boycotting Sideshow till someone officially comes forth and lays it down.
P.S. Also not interested in their "Interputations" of Marvel's characters!

Last edited:
And people just quietly swallowed the bait... Ugh. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a part of this community.

not sure I agree because I have been waiting for Sideshow to do 12" Marvel figures for sometime now.....so even if GI Joe was still chugging along,I would still be buying BOTH properties

Fact is they don't even have the decency to address the issue, I have nothing on order also, I don't plan to buy the marvel stuff just to start another unfinished line

Well, the fact that CC exclusive, Baroness exclusive, Destro, Bludd, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Timber have yet to sell out, means they probably aren't meeting the numbers they were hoping for. Can't blame them for that. You can blame them for the price increase. I was shocked when the line first started and these figures were more than a hundred, while Star Wars was in the $40 to $60 range. The prices have doubled and the product doesn't meet most fans expectations. Then there's the statues and Premium Format crap which most fans want action figures of, since that's what G.I. JOE is all about in the first place. On top of that MOST G.I. JOE fans are not like Star Wars fans. They're cheap, and there's nothing wrong with that, except that means a line of $200 figures doesn't have a large target audience. Sideshow Joe's hiatus/cancellation was inevitable.

I still hope it returns. Anything is possible. I want an official Scarlet, Lady Jaye, Jinx and Zarana more than anything else. The Gentle Giant Jumbo Joe's look like they're going to be great, but members here know G.I. JOE can be even better than that.

That Iron Giant fig from Mondo is the only thing that really jumped out from SDCC that I am def buying. Underwhelmed by most everything else, and was honestly surprised nobody balled up and asked a rep there about GI Joe. Was hoping we'd get at least a prototype, but yeah, looks like the doom talk is starting to sink in as truth.

Wah.

Well, the fact that CC exclusive, Baroness exclusive, Destro, Bludd, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Timber have yet to sell out, means they probably aren't meeting the numbers they were hoping for. Can't blame them for that.
Blame them for terrible design decisions, unfair prices considering the quality and outrageous quality control.

Customers are not to blame in any way.

Well, I too am out, then. I mean, I might end up getting a Destro on sale, but that's about it. Not really interested in Marvel stuff.

Hay you forgot punisher :panic:

Damn.

I MIGHT bite on a Punisher. Especially if he had a good weapons loadout... And maybe brown costume Wolvie. MIGHT. :)

You can blame them for the price increase. I was shocked when the line first started and these figures were more than a hundred, while Star Wars was in the $40 to $60 range. The prices have doubled and the product doesn't meet most fans expectations.

This, in a nutshell. HAS to be the reason.

It's a real shame. I can only hope we get a Scarlett, one day... Ideally I'd feel the line was "complete" with Scarlett, Gung Ho, Roadblock and Shipwreck at the very least (and maybe Lady Jaye), but I could live with just Scarlett. It seems really incomplete without her... And she was one of the very first characters hinted at back in 2008!

I didn't know they were going to do 1/6 Marvel. :lol And seriously, I'm not sure it's going to fair well.

I still think there not done with G.I.Joe but if they are they should have made an official statement that there not making more at least to give those of us who collect some resemblance of we care for you as customers and reasons why there not moving forward. But like i said they were going to be Star wars heavy this year and next which is why there wouldn't be anything for 2015. didn't I. And Dc is still there new baby. And G.I.Joe is kinda taking the middle child syndrome back step. I still think next year we will see something on scarlett and roadblock and maybe blowtorch ( i remember him mentioned a few years back) for 2016

Back