1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still hoping that we will get a Scarlett release for 2015. After the release of Baroness I was expecting that we will see more female figures for this line. Would really love to see Scarlett, Lady Jaye and Zarana being made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still think there not done with G.I.Joe but if they are they should have made an official statement that there not making more at least to give those of us who collect some resemblance of we care for you as customers and reasons why there not moving forward. But like i said they were going to be Star wars heavy this year and next which is why there wouldn't be anything for 2015. didn't I. And Dc is still there new baby. And G.I.Joe is kinda taking the middle child syndrome back step. I still think next year we will see something on scarlett and roadblock and maybe blowtorch ( i remember him mentioned a few years back) for 2016

This is my hope also, that at some point they come back simply as they have made no official statement, I'm still giving SSC the benefit of the doubt

I know a guy that is a distributor and has a shop, going to see if he can get any info from his sales rep

I still think there not done with G.I.Joe but if they are they should have made an official statement that there not making more at least to give those of us who collect some resemblance of we care for you as customers and reasons why there not moving forward. But like i said they were going to be Star wars heavy this year and next which is why there wouldn't be anything for 2015. didn't I. And Dc is still there new baby. And G.I.Joe is kinda taking the middle child syndrome back step. I still think next year we will see something on scarlett and roadblock and maybe blowtorch ( i remember him mentioned a few years back) for 2016

That not their mo. They just say the line is "hiatus" or on "hold", and hope that collectors forget about it. I hope I'm wrong, but fact is what it is, usually "hold" means end of the line.

That not their mo. They just say the line is "hiatus" or on "hold", and hope that collectors forget about it. I hope I'm wrong, but fact is what it is, usually "hold" means end of the line.

As a business, I have to think they are smarter than that, simply as they have ducked the 1:6 collector so many times before

Still hoping that we will get a Scarlett release for 2015. After the release of Baroness I was expecting that we will see more female figures for this line. Would really love to see Scarlett, Lady Jaye and Zarana being made.

Keep dreaming, pal. Not going to happen.

Sideshow has replaced Joe with 1/6 DC and now 1/6 Marvel...it's over! enjoy what we got,which is one heck of an awesome Joe 12" collection

Sideshow has replaced Joe with 1/6 DC and now 1/6 Marvel...it's over! enjoy what we got,which is one heck of an awesome Joe 12" collection

R.I.P Joes, i will fondly remember those days sitting by a computer at work and missing important calls like blood going to dying patients, just so i could nab a exclusive version.

Anyone after unopen
Dusty Ex
Zartan Ex
Hawk Ex
Cobra Commander Black Normal version
If so i will set up an account as Prem member
Shipping will be from NZ so not sure what that would be yet.

Which is a really poor way to do business, imo. How does that benefit them?

As a business, I have to think they are smarter than that, simply as they have ducked the 1:6 collector so many times before

Yeah, as onethousandmasks says, I'm not sure that they are. I mean, you even point out how many time they've ducked (?) collectors before, after all. :)

I just hope there's interest from another company. Not Hot Toys, obviously (too busy with crap Iron Man variants, I'm sure), but maybe DiD or Soldier Story? I mean, why not?

It would be great if someone else just took over the reins if Sideshow isn't interested anymore, and rather than simply start from the ground up, do more of a "spiritual successor" line, and release guys like Shipwreck, etc.

I know, I know. Keep dreaming! :)

Asmus Toys is probably too busy with Lord of the Rings but Soldier Story might actually be a great fit to take over the Joe license. I can really see them running with it. They already have the expertise to deliver high end military figures and I can see them focusing on the classic RAH line and deliver faithful card-art representations.

Asmus Toys is probably too busy with Lord of the Rings but Soldier Story might actually be a great fit to take over the Joe license. I can really see them running with it. They already have the expertise to deliver high end military figures and I can see them focusing on the classic RAH line and deliver faithful card-art representations.

This may be a big enough line for them as well. Would love to see SS take over.

after so long of hearing you sound like an expert on the Joe line its pretty obvious you dont really know what you are talking about & yet here we go again...
sorry, im not trying to be rude but seriously dude...

after so long of hearing you sound like an expert on the Joe line its pretty obvious you dont really know what you are talking about & yet here we go again...
sorry, im not trying to be rude but seriously dude...

I know exactly what I'm talking about....THE LINE IS OVER!!! Accept it!

Sure,I was a big cheerleader for this line....BUT I have been around a while and so have many others here and when Sideshow does this kinda of crap...it means...

THEY HAVE MOVED ON TO SOMETHING ELSE (DC and Marvel)

Sorry for being so rude ;)

Yeah as much as Teemu and I disagree on Sideshow's "interpretations" we are both in complete agreement in the "interpretation" that Sideshow putting the line on "hiatus" means it's over. Finished. Done. Stick a fork in it. Sayonara. Adios. Fini.

Sure people can point at Evil Dead and F13 coming back to SS, but those properties were put on hiatus what 6-8 yeas ago? :lol

I know exactly what I'm talking about....THE LINE IS OVER!!! Accept it!

Sure,I was a big cheerleader for this line....BUT I have been around a while and so have many others here and when Sideshow does this kinda of crap...it means...

THEY HAVE MOVED ON TO SOMETHING ELSE (DC and Marvel)

Sorry for being so rude ;)

i wasnt NOT accepting it dude, thats pretty obvious thats PROBABLY what will happen but its just you were SO sure you knew the list before & it meant squat.

Yeah as much as Teemu and I disagree on Sideshow's "interpretations" we are both in complete agreement in the "interpretation" that Sideshow putting the line on "hiatus" means it's over. Finished. Done. Stick a fork in it. Sayonara. Adios. Fini.

well now you have GG making EXACT replicas dude so no need to worry about "interpretations"

Back