Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinese recast company. Better paint apps than SS.

If a Chinese recast manages to look like this, Sideshow's version has to be better. I can't wait to see this piece at SDCC. No way would Sideshow pull a bait and switch on a popular property like Iron Man.

You heard it hear first guys!!!!! Eric, that's a great shout buddy!!!! :clap :clap

:lol

If a Chinese recast manages to look like this, Sideshow's version has to be better. I can't wait to see this piece at SDCC. No way would Sideshow pull a bait and switch on a popular property like Iron Man.

They did it with Spider Man...

SOLD!

11sp73c.jpg

So we've seen everything that SDCC has to offer via the Facebook? Or do they surprise and bring stuff out late?

Base, pose and sculpt it's freaking great but I'm not sure about that paint job... I think it's lacking (like we all expected). Need to see more pictures for better judgement.

Base, pose and sculpt it's freaking great but I'm not sure about that paint job... I think it's lacking (like we all expected). Need to see more pictures for better judgement.

Better they give us a peak at what they can do, and not some pie in the sky version like the Obi Wan LSF or the Spiderman Com Webs

Unfortunately, I'm really not impressed by the pose neither the paint... this looks flat and dull... more pics will maybe help... :pray:

Basis what we saw in the movie, I do not particularly like the pose / base. It could have been a museum pose and I think would have looked great.

Still, would overlook that if the final paint app is better, more chrome with lesser pronounced black lines on the abs and other places.

I agree with others about the pose and base. Looks like he is about to fall over backwards or something. And of course the paint leaves too much to desire. I think as of now, I will pass and put money towards a COTD piece. Kinda disappointed really as this was the one Mark I was looking forward to. The preview pic looked much better :(. Money saved though :D

I still like this and look forward to ordering it. But, if the production piece looks like ultron, back he goes.

Back