Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More for me then.
I love it :rock2

tumblr_m885hgH3HR1rxf006o1_500.gif

Might be going against the grain here but I really like it.

I already own the War machine IM2 maquette aswell as the mark 6 maquette. So these up and coming ones are a must for me, no matter what they look like.

From THX at SF

All I have to say is that this looks
tumblr_inline_n1fqxzVQIv1qjjzql.gif

I like the pose, the gantry works fine with it as we never saw how Stark got his Mark II suit on, and the paint app really works for me. If they can't get the chrome paint job done then don't show it. This looks great IMHO.

I like the pose, the gantry works fine with it as we never saw how Stark got his Mark II suit on, and the paint app really works for me. If they can't get the chrome paint job done then don't show it. This looks great IMHO.

False. We didn't get a panned out shot but we saw the gantry put his boots on and it wasn't from moving floor parts as depicted here.

Go to 3:37 of the vid:

Last edited:
:lol You know me Andy, I will! :hi5:

:hi5: I know your not sold on this piece Eric and totally understandable. I'm gonna see how bad the paint apps are inhand and see what I can do to it to make it appear more brushed metallic. Worst case scenario get the whole thing chromed like I did with my Silver Surfer...not a massive fan of the overly shiny chrome on the MKII but it would look better than this :)

:hi5: I know your not sold on this piece Eric and totally understandable. I'm gonna see how bad the paint apps are inhand and see what I can do to it to make it appear more brushed metallic. Worst case scenario get the whole thing chromed like I did with my Silver Surfer...not a massive fan of the overly shiny chrome on the MKII but it would look better than this :)

Completely agree with you here, if the paint was done properly or even chromed the piece would totally pop, making the other glaring flaws more forgivable and bearable.

False. We didn't get a panned out shot but we saw the gantry put his boots on and it wasn't from moving floor parts as depicted here.

Go to 3:37 of the vid:

:goodpost: you tell him Eric! :lecture

I stand corrected, but in the end I don't care about the darn floor. I love the way this looks, and I can totally take the pose and the floor the way it is. In the end I probably will wait for the Mark VII if I was going to pull the trigger, but this looks amazing IMHO.

Oh and Andy and Eric... Just because I disagree doesn't mean that I don't respect you ... it just means you are wrong.....LOL....:1-1:.Psssst Joking.

P.S. Who the hell do you think you are kidding Andy even trying to waffle on this... You are going to be all over this like JAWS on a Hulk statue....lol

Nice pics Shawn.
I don't care if it's movie accurate or not, it looks ******* awesome to me.

Now the long wait for MKIII.

giphy.gif

I stand corrected, but in the end I don't care about the darn floor. I love the way this looks, and I can totally take the pose and the floor the way it is. In the end I probably will wait for the Mark VII if I was going to pull the trigger, but this looks amazing IMHO.

Oh and Andy and Eric... Just because I disagree doesn't mean that I don't respect you ... it just means you are wrong.....LOL....:1-1:.Psssst Joking.

P.S. Who the hell do you think you are kidding Andy even trying to waffle on this... You are going to be all over this like JAWS on a Hulk statue....lol

:lol :lol you betcha Shawn!!! :yess: :yess: and I'm gonna hold it aloft like a trophy and revel in all its glory! :lol :lol (after I've chromed it!) ;)

Might be going against the grain here but I really like it.
So these up and coming ones are a must for me, no matter what they look like.

I like your thinking son! :clap :goodpost: even if they'd have displayed a piece of solitary metal as an Iron Man Maquette, I'd still have pre ordered it! :yess: Iron Man rules!!!! :rock

I think I am in for this if they can keep it at least this metallic looking

:lol

I corrected you before the usual suspects could chime in and hop on your coattails parroting your misinformation, it wasn't out of disrespect just putting out the smoke before a fire spreads. :wink1:

I'm glad you accept the piece as is and don't care about an inaccurate base, the gantry base is nicely done I have no problem saying that.

I'm very surprised this pose and matte silver paint doesn't bother you though, having read a lot of your strong opinions on poses and paints in a variety of threads.

Back