Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so as predicted, Sideshow have disappointingly gone with the same matte silver that they used for their MKII Lifesize bust :( and the pose? :dunno search me...I don't know what part of the movie that's supposed to be taken from? :huh However, it is what it is and i'll still pre order it as you a'int gonna see much else turn up in terms of a 1/4 scale MKII statue. So all in all, I'm happy but not happy at the same time ;)

Here are some more pics taken by Averone at Comic Con :)

agydyba5.jpg

3ejumusy.jpg

epurunag.jpg

qeja6y8e.jpg

e4ara8u8.jpg

Not a fan of the pose, looks like he's telling me to stop in the name of love.

Yeah i was looking forward to this but now it's a pass. Not keen on the base or pose. Oh well money saved.

Okay, so as predicted, Sideshow have disappointingly gone with the same matte silver that they used for their MKII Lifesize bust :( and the pose? :dunno search me...I don't know what part of the movie that's supposed to be taken from? :huh However, it is what it is and i'll still pre order it as you a'int gonna see much else turn up in terms of a 1/4 scale MKII statue. So all in all, I'm happy but not happy at the same time ;)

Here are some more pics taken by Averone at Comic Con :)

agydyba5.jpg

3ejumusy.jpg

epurunag.jpg

qeja6y8e.jpg

e4ara8u8.jpg

Looks like they haven't finished putting the lights up yet on the eyes and probably chest piece too. Pose looks OK. The pose make it seem like it's going to dance.

Looks like they haven't finished putting the lights up yet on the eyes and probably chest piece too. Pose looks OK. The pose make it seem like it's going to dance.

Looking at it more closely, I actually love the base idea! However, what is the pose all about? Is it supposed to resemble him being unstable on the gantry or is he about to attack? Will be interesting to see in Sideshow's description come order day as to what this pose is about? :huh

Not a fan of the pose, looks like he's telling me to stop in the name of love.

Now every time I see this his shoulders are shimmying in my mind and I hear "STOP!"

The base looks cool. Glad they aren't just plain or generic bases. Waiting for Mark VII. Maybe.

Looking at it more closely, I actually love the base idea! However, what is the pose all about? Is it supposed to resemble him being unstable on the gantry or is he about to attack? Will be interesting to see in Sideshow's description come order day as to what this pose is about? :huh

I told you it's a dancing pose. :rotfl

Mark II looked pretty good...better than mark 42. The matte silver isn't great though and the pose is ok. I think Im passing on both. The 42 was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! The gold is almost a desaturated yellow and looked AWFUL.

Yeah, after seeing this and being completely let down by the new Doom I need to vent.

A Mk 2 1/4 scale statue from Sideshow has been among my top 3 wants/wishlist pieces since I started collecting (Doom and Rinzler were the others) and naturally, Sideshow go and crap the bed with it like they have been doing more and more of lately.

If by the off chance someone at Sideshow reads this and can relay it back to the SSC sculptor(s) and/or other people responsible for this garbage, please drive this following statement through their thick skulls with a wrecking ball:

When it comes to classic characters, stop trying to reinvent the wheel because clearly, you aren't good at it.

Who the ****'s idea was it to give the Mk 2 this absolutely horrendous pose? This is Tron Legacy Rinzler all over again, it's that bad. Hell, it might be worse.

Where in five hells is the pose derived from?

You have a character that has chock full of amazing ****ing poses on screen that could be used to delight your fans, but instead you give it a Cirque du Soleil split for no goddamn reason? What the ****?!

Next, your paint SUCKS Sideshow. Stop using this matte silver garbage and at least go grab a 5 dollar can of Krylon chrome to give us a more realistic interpretation of the character. There's a ton of products world wide, in every scale, that don't even **** this up, yet Sideshow does it over and over again.

Finally, the base is completely wrong.

Stark hasn't modified the gantry to look this way, the floor boards shifting and helping the armor assembly, until he first steps into the Mk 3 suit later in the film, so a Mk 2 armor has no business being posed on this base b/c this gantry base had not been invented yet. Maybe your concept artists should you know, TRY WATCHING THE FILM, before tackling this project.

If you're going to take creative liberty with the piece you might as well go all the way Sideshow, slap the Mk 6 triangular chest rt on it, paint Hot Rod's flames down the legs and include Red Snappers grappling claws on each arm.

This piece is a goddamn disgrace.

Easy easy pass. I'm with you Yankee... Money saved. HT 1:6. Mark II looks better than this, sad to say.

Yeah, after seeing this and being completely let down by the new Doom I need to vent.

A Mk 2 1/4 scale statue from Sideshow has been among my top 3 wants/wishlist pieces since I started collecting (Doom and Rinzler were the others) and naturally, Sideshow go and crap the bed with it like they have been doing more and more of lately.

If by the off chance someone at Sideshow reads this and can relay it back to the SSC sculptor(s) and/or other people responsible for this garbage, please drive this following statement through their thick skulls with a wrecking ball:

When it comes to classic characters, stop trying to reinvent the wheel because clearly, you aren't good at it.

Who the ****'s idea was it to give the Mk 2 this absolutely horrendous pose? This is Tron Legacy Rinzler all over again, it's that bad. Hell, it might be worse.

Where in five hells is the pose derived from?

You have a character that has chock full of amazing ****ing poses on screen that could be used to delight your fans, but instead you give it a Cirque du Soleil split for no goddamn reason? What the ****?!

Next, your paint SUCKS Sideshow. Stop using this matte silver garbage and at least go grab a 5 dollar can of Krylon chrome to give us a more realistic interpretation of the character. There's a ton of products world wide, in every scale, that don't even **** this up, yet Sideshow does it over and over again.

Finally, the base is completely wrong.

Stark hasn't modified the gantry to look this way, the floor boards shifting and helping the armor assembly, until he first steps into the Mk 3 suit later in the film, so a Mk 2 armor has no business being posed on this base b/c this gantry base had not been invented yet. Maybe your concept artists should you know, TRY WATCHING THE FILM, before tackling this project.

If you're going to take creative liberty with the piece you might as well go all the way Sideshow, slap the Mk 6 triangular chest rt on it, paint Hot Rod's flames down the legs and include Red Snappers grappling claws on each arm.

This piece is a goddamn disgrace.
Really good post.

Oh man the paint really does like the same colour they put on the Ultron PF. I sent that sucker back for a refund.

Back