Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isn't these 1/4 Iron man maquettes supposed to be in collaboration with Legacy effects or is it just the LSFs? :dunno someone needs to have words! :lecture

:lol

I corrected you before the usual suspects could chime in and hop on your coattails parroting your misinformation, it wasn't out of disrespect just putting out the smoke before a fire spreads. :wink1:

I'm glad you accept the piece as is and don't care about an inaccurate base, the gantry base is nicely done I have no problem saying that.

I'm very surprised this pose and matte silver paint doesn't bother you though, having read a lot of your strong opinions on poses and paints in a variety of threads.

Well you were right to correct me. I don't mind being wrong... much... lol.

As for the paint and pose. Here is the thing. I wish the pose was a little more dynamic, maybe drop his left foot back a bit, or give the waist a little more of a twist, but I can see why they did it this way. My guess is it is meant to show off more of the statue when views head on. Could it be a little better, yeah, but it is no where near as bad as say DD when it comes to the pose. As for the brushed metal look, I agree with Coll that this was rushed to get it on the floor. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if it is still wet... lol. However, if they can pull this off better in production then they could say pull off the chromed look, well, then I say go for this. I am tired of SSC showing one thing in the proto, and then giving the fans something TOTALLY different in the production piece. IMHO They need to show us what they can do. Not a pipe dream that we can't have.

As for the paint and pose. Here is the thing. I wish the pose was a little more dynamic, maybe drop his left foot back a bit, or give the waist a little more of a twist, but I can see why they did it this way. My guess is it is meant to show off more of the statue when views head on. Could it be a little better, yeah, but it is no where near as bad as say DD when it comes to the pose. As for the brushed metal look, I agree with Coll that this was rushed to get it on the floor. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if it is still wet... lol. However, if they can pull this off better in production then they could say pull off the chromed look, well, then I say go for this. I am tired of SSC showing one thing in the proto, and then giving the fans something TOTALLY different in the production piece. IMHO They need to show us what they can do. Not a pipe dream that we can't have.

I agree completely. If they just showed us production pieces I would be much happier even if it is a slightly lower paint quality. At least we know what to expect

Hmmm if they put on production piece at SDCC, that would be a first

I agree completely. If they just showed us production pieces I would be much happier even if it is a slightly lower paint quality. At least we know what to expect
:goodpost: :lecture

Definitely, getting excited for an amazing looking proto only to receive a dumbed down production piece takes joy out of the hobby. Like Empire stated, I'd rather see a production piece right off the bat, that way I know what to expect when unboxing my own.

I agree with both Shawn & Col that this was more than likely rushed for the show. That being said, how many times has SSC produced a production piece that was actually better than their prototypes?

I'm searching for a reason to be optimistic for this. :lol :monkey3

:goodpost: :lecture

Definitely, getting excited for an amazing looking proto only to receive a dumbed down production piece takes joy out of the hobby. Like Empire stated, I'd rather see a production piece right off the bat, that way I know what to expect when unboxing my own.

I agree with both Shawn & Col that this was more than likely rushed for the show. That being said, how many times has SSC produced a production piece that was actually better than their prototypes?

I'm searching for a reason to be optimistic for this. :lol :monkey3

While I can't speak to how the production pieces will look I will say that I really do think that this was rushed. The eyes look unfinished, the light feature isn't well featured, and like the said the paint looks a little rushed. I think that this proto was completed since the tease last month. So hopefully they will iron out the kinks, and something a little more finished will be available

dark%2Bdawn.jpg

I had no expectations and I'm still let down. :ohbfrank:

I feel like I could still buy this but if I do is solely because I really like the Mark II (it's my favorite armor) but I feel like I really shouldn't give sideshow my hard earned money for this lazy attempt at a Mark II.

Overall, the base is pretty freaking cool actually but the pose is dumb. The main problem here, though, is the paint job. It's a freaking disgrace! :slap

I really don't understand. WHY IS SIDESHOW SO GOD DAMN LAZY? The number one statue company in the world can't be bothered to try something new? Come on, we have recasters in china that can do a better job than this (they are so close, just a bit too chromed).

Can XM Studios do a Mark II statue? Pretty please? :pray:

IM2FX0609.jpg

Preach on DFanatic :lecture Still, the apologists are going to order anyway and SSC will continue not to give a ****.

Compare the film screen shot to the statue pic above it, it really isn't even close. The amount of black paint I see on the statue is obscene, there's almost no sign of that on the suit on film.

If Xm tackles this suit I wonder if they'd go for a more chrome look? If they did it would be an easy day one pre order.

This is an easy pass for me. Not the worst but not even close to the best. I'm seriously considering cancelling IP cuz I really don't have faith that it will look good. Esp based off of this and the abomination that is mark 42.

Back