Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe I did hammer on you for liking this, I just disagreed that this is the best they can do like you stated earlier.

I do hammer on Col because he often likes to bark up the wrong tree. :wink1:

Oh you and I are good Sir. I am just pointing out a counter argument and having a discussion. As for Coll he is a very good egg, but I enjoy having debates with him as well. However, I think a lot has already been said here on the subject... lol

:lol

I think Col needs to get into buying HT, then he'd see what real quality looks like. :lecture :lol

As for Coll he is a very good egg, but I enjoy having debates with him as well.

There is no debate with those two. It's about to be a fight to the death! It's been coming too long now. Get on with it all ready. :lol

using chrome coloured paint is not easy. I had a custom colossus painted that way by a pro and it still took a lot of work to get the effect right.

Looking at the comparison pic, hot toys version is actually the closest of the two pieces that comes close to achieving the brushed metallic look which is accurate to the movie MKII suit.
umyha3av.jpg

Yeah and the HT finish looks even better in person. I owned that figure.

Not when covered with clothes. Also joints over crappy paint and ****e sculpts.

:exactly:

using chrome coloured paint is not easy. I had a custom colossus painted that way by a pro and it still took a lot of work to get the effect right.

See that is what I thought, and on a MASSIVE production line would it even be possible :dunno:

Good question. But, they have showcased SIX different Iron Man statues in less than a year so why does this need a massive production run? :dunno

Looking at the comparison pic, hot toys version is actually the closest of the two pieces that comes close to achieving the brushed metallic look which is accurate to the movie MKII suit

Yeah and the HT finish looks even better in person. I owned that figure.

:goodpost:

Eric, you know and I know that there is no way in hell that Sideshow will pull of this paint app to resemble a reflective brushed metal effect! This will be matte silver period. If im wrong i'll personally fly over to Canada and quite happily kiss Spidey976 on his derrier :lecture :date :lol

As I predicted 2 weeks ago....Sideshow were never gonna get this brushed metallic paint effect right :ohbfrank: this was made obvious after there dismal attempt of their MKII lifesize bust :huh On the plus side I don't have to fly to Canada to kiss Spidey's bottom! :rock

u4u4ubut.jpg

As I predicted 2 weeks ago....Sideshow were never gonna get this brushed metallic paint effect right :ohbfrank: this was made obvious after there dismal attempt of their MKII lifesize bust :huh On the plus side I don't have to fly to Canada to kiss Spidey's bottom! :rock

u4u4ubut.jpg

When you're right, you're right Andy. I wish you were wrong though! I bet Spidey does too :lol

Back