Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could see what you guys see but I can't. I mean it looks better than the other attempts but I still don't see much likeness. Maybe it's me because you all seem pretty excited.

No, the sculpt still seems off to me as well. Better, but still not quite there.
Maybe the face is too square? Seems a bit brutish, Viggo is quite a handsome guy, or so I'm told.

Re: Asmus Toys : Argorn thread

Agree with the two previous posts. Forehead is too high, eyes are too close, and also the nose lack of character. Under the nose it seems good, and the paint app for the beard looks great. Maybe take an example with this sculpt:

View attachment 112988

View attachment 112989

On this sculpt, hair, forehead and nose are just excellent. Anyway take some more time to perfect your work, I don't mind waiting a few months more until the product likeness is ok, and I think I am not the only one. Good luck!
:)

Oh Jesus... :slap

The head is totally improved. Can't wait to see the finished sample.
look good!! Nice work asmus!!

Can't decide yet...this or ACI...argh! I'm leaning towards ACI now...maybe to gel down the hair a little bit...

Can't decide yet...this or ACI...argh! I'm leaning towards ACI now...maybe to gel down the hair a little bit...

I'm definitely leaning towards ACI if they can get the hair and paint right. ACI Aragorn is still strides above the Asmus one.

Cool quick somebody do a fast photoshop paint up!

Here you go. Really quick photoshop.

ararg.jpg

I'm definitely leaning towards ACI if they can get the hair and paint right. ACI Aragorn is still strides above the Asmus one.

I completely disagree. I think the face sculpt on the ACI one looks nothing like Viggo, whereas the newest Asmus sculpt is, in my opinion, very, very close. We shall wait and see how it looks painted up.

As for the clothes, we haven't seen Asmus' yet, but ACI's looks like really good material, but it looks thick and bulky in the body, and pretty restricting in the arms.

Back