Cobra commander head sculpt and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gents, Here is the completed Gung Ho sculpt. I have primed it to see if there are things that needs to be corrected. So far its all good, for my taste. I know its not perfect and not the best sculpt to represent him but I did my best. For those who thinks he can be Mindbender then the sculpt itself will do fine I guess.

The Marine cap is fully sculpted as I have no idea how to make a cloth one. So this is as best as I can offer. Here are a couple of profile shots of the sculpt.

The bare head, I have readjusted the ears...... Mindbender maybe?

Back of the head.

I have fun sculpting this.........who's next????????????

That's so not Dr Mindbender. For GUNG HO THOUGH he's spot on. Are you planning on doing a run with him? Maybe if you arent CREG CUSTOMS might possibly work something out for us?!~ I'm so down for one of these HS if yall do one~!! Devil Dogs all day OOH RAH~!

No time to paint due to bad weather for the past day so I decided to do a bit of sculpting and this is what I have done.......

Where's the grill?

This is a bit rough and needs finishing touches and I have to drill the hole for the neck attachment. Then casting can proceed. Spiderrougue might be the right person to do his uniform. I will do all his gears and backpack next. The shape is very difficult, and proportion is also a pain to do.

Some more shots.....

The face plate needs to be scribed. The pencil mark is a guide.

Future Joes projects on the works...

My 88 SS camo pattern. Once all done Rouge will do some magic to it.

Closer look at the pattern.

I would love to be on the List for BBQ as well. Till this day some of my fav joes and Cobra here. Thanks for bringing back amazing memories~!

Thanks gents! I still have to do Eels back pack then Cue's chest and shoulder's attachment and also his backpack. Just list your self here if you want one this way I can look through it. Blowtorch and Airtight would be nice to do but I will see.

If they come out as steller as BBQ and Gung Ho then I'd totally be up for an EELS package, and then Blowtorch and Airtight sculpts as well.

Sorry for the OFF TOPIC guys, Lerath is asking for samples of painted head figures I did. I have the CC head painted on early in this thread but I have yet to paint the HS I did. I will upload here once I have painted my casted head so its going to be a while as I work slow and do the project if I have my spare time, so just bare with me.

As for my figure painting, here are couple of my scale model work in 1/35 scale. I'm a scale modeller by back ground in terms of the hobby. Most of my scale work are in Armorama and I have competed in a lot of event (Euromilitaire etc.) The figures are in 1/35 scale. Sorry for the off topic, just sharing my other works here. If you are interested then we can also talk military scale models...planes and particularly tanks. My working scale is in 1/35 and i'm loving 1/72 which is very small.

British Matilda, just focus on the painted figures.

Insurgents.... scale is 1/35 its about an inch and a half...

If you guys want to see my works then I can do a different threads here for military vehicles and figures. And also the detailed work in progress. The scale factor here is the main key.

1/144 Canadian CF-18 Hornet....scale compared to my hand

Sorry for the off topic guys, just wanted to share my painted scale figures so you can have the idea. Thanks!

Ok gents, Here is the completed Gung Ho sculpt. I have primed it to see if there are things that needs to be corrected. So far its all good, for my taste. I know its not perfect and not the best sculpt to represent him but I did my best. For those who thinks he can be Mindbender then the sculpt itself will do fine I guess.

The Marine cap is fully sculpted as I have no idea how to make a cloth one. So this is as best as I can offer. Here are a couple of profile shots of the sculpt.

The bare head, I have readjusted the ears...... Mindbender maybe?

Back of the head.

I have fun sculpting this.........who's next????????????

You nailed gun Ho in my opinion the hat look perfect and you can't get cloth to lay right in that scale do bravo

I have to disagree about mind bender because he had a sallow jaw kinda like Gandhi but with a monocle and pale German instead of Indian.

Gun ho has a meaty jar head like above and dr mindbender kinda wirey older man with cliche skinny villain mustache
drmindbender.jpg

Last edited:
that gung ho is awesome pace it is spot on for sure. anyone who can paint eyes on 1/35 scale has a steady hand and great vision. my hats off to you.

SCRAP IRON. Almost done with minor adjustments........... Need to refine it a bit.

With the targeting google. I might change this to a smaller size.....what do you guys thinks of the size? Is it big?

Some more angle shots...

Hey Pace,
Scrap Iron is looking really good!
I was going to make my own out of Sideshows Clone Wars Commander Wolf's head sculpt, but I like yours better.
One comment and one question:
I feel that the sides of the helmet do stick out a bit far... and, are you going to include the cobra on the front of the helmet?

As always, thank you for sharing your talent with us!

Last edited:
That is amazing! The face expression looks great and I love that the goggle is not molded straight to his face. Great work again Pace!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Pace,
Scrap Iron is looking really good!
I was going to make my own out of Sideshows Clone Wars Commander Wolf"s head sculpt, but I like your better.
One comment and one question:
I feel that the sides of the helmet do stick out a bit far... and, are you going to include the cobra on the front of the helmet?

As always, thank you for sharing your talent with us!

Thanks Ultra. The earpiece is a compromise between the diameter and the thickness. I personally want a fuller, bigger diameter earpiece to fill the side of the helmet than a smaller thinner size. I tried them both on mock ups but I went for what I feel i'm happy with. I don't want to sand it down to much as this will off set the look of the bigger diameter earpiece. So hope this is all good for the rest. As for the emblem, there are 2 options. I will try to sculpt it but I think EF is the person to sort this out for his decals.

Back