XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I just CAN'T wait for this bad boy to be finished and fully assembled. I feel my knees getting weak already.

If you look at the smiling face there are no details on the forehead which suggests it is for the helmet. I doubt the helmets will be removable.

Yeah perhaps.

Why are there two of the same grimacing head sculpt there. I forget what the third one is.... Are we getting a more neutral, mouth closed sculpt?

Man, I just CAN'T wait for this bad boy to be finished and fully assembled. I feel my knees getting weak already.

You said it.:exactly:

Yeah perhaps.

Why are there two of the same grimacing head sculpt there. I forget what the third one is.... Are we getting a more neutral, mouth closed sculpt?

I believe you have two grimacing faces turned to the left looking at the Infinity Gauntlet (one with helmet & one without) and one grinning head looking straight ahead for when he's holding the Cosmic Cube in both hands.

All I know is that I'm not gonna sleep well until I know that I have this secured on PO.:lol

You said it.:exactly:

I believe you have two grimacing faces turned to the left looking at the Infinity Gauntlet (one with helmet & one without) and one grinning head looking straight ahead for when he's holding the Cosmic Cube in both hands.

All I know is that I'm not gonna sleep well until I know that I have this secured on PO.:lol

Ah, on closer inspection you are right. Didn't see the two grimacing heads were looking different directions.

I love the display options, but I really wish we could get a simple, furrowed brow disapproving Thanos head sculpt. I don't think any statues gave done that and yet I often think of Thanos as more neutral, contemplative, brooding and pondering the meaning of his existence.

XM, if you're listening... 4th head sculpt please! :)

Or lose the grimacing without helmet. He never had the infinity gauntel without a helmet. He only really lost the helmet later on when Lim drew the Thanos series and in that he spent more time with a neutral expression.

Ah, on closer inspection you are right. Didn't see the two grimacing heads were looking different directions.

I love the display options, but I really wish we could get a simple, furrowed brow disapproving Thanos head sculpt. I don't think any statues gave done that and yet I often think of Thanos as more neutral, contemplative, brooding and pondering the meaning of his existence.

XM, if you're listening... 4th head sculpt please! :)

Or lose the grimacing without helmet. He never had the infinity gauntel without a helmet. He only really lost the helmet later on when Lim drew the Thanos series and in that he spent more time with a neutral expression.

I will most likely never use the helmetless head. I wish that there was a grinning head to look at the Infinity Gauntlet instead of the 2nd grimacing, helmetless head. Either way it's still a masterpiece so I ain't complaining.:lol

I will most likely never use the helmetless head. I wish that there was a grinning head to look at the Infinity Gauntlet instead of the 2nd grimacing, helmetless head. Either way it's still a masterpiece so I ain't complaining.:lol

Absolutely! Got mine locked in already and can't wait. But why settle for great? XM has been amenable to our requests before. Let's go for perfect! :)

I probably would never use a helmetless head either. It's nice to have but I would prefer three distinct expressions with helmet instead. Grimacing, smirking, brooding.

Absolutely! Got mine locked in already and can't wait. But why settle for great? XM has been amenable to our requests before. Let's go for perfect! :)

I probably would never use a helmetless head either. It's nice to have but I would prefer three distinct expressions with helmet instead. Grimacing, smirking, brooding.

How do some people have theirs "locked in" already? This would be my first and likely only XM piece since Thanos is by far my favorite Marvel villain. Am I safe assuming that BBTS will have Thanos in addition to the other XM pieces that they have on their site?

How do some people have theirs "locked in" already? This would be my first and likely only XM piece since Thanos is by far my favorite Marvel villain. Am I safe assuming that BBTS will have Thanos in addition to the other XM pieces that they have on their site?

Send me a PM and I can fill you in.

I'm sure bbts will have it but probably only get 15-20 pieces and sell out in minutes. Take bmutha up on that PM.

So excited. Getting this guy, along with Mags, Wolverine, IM Mark VII and Thor. Phoenix too once that gets going again.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Bro, if you want to pick up Thanos, DO NOT wait for it to go up at BBTS or any other retailer. Just look at the XM Magneto thread to see how that worked out for peeps that went that route. There are board members here that live in Singapore who have hooked us up with XM merch. Use one of them. It's not the cheapest option but you will at least be able to secure the piece for yourself. Peeps that waited for online retailers to put up Mags are still scrambling to try and secure that statue and it's sold out. I'm just waiting for finished pics of Thanos and if I like what I see, I'll be working out an order with Kenny (TCSC) here on the board. It doesn't pay to mess around with these XM pieces. The ES on them is too small to drag your heels. I learned that lesson the hard way when I got shut out on the Mags PO. I'm extremely lucky that a friend here let me have one of his extra pieces. If not, I would have missed out on the masterpiece that is the XM Magneto.

Waiting for the US retailers can burn you. I still need to lock up Wolverine. I got my Magneto through Kenny and he is top notch to deal with.

137.gif

XM has not only raised the bar, but it seems like they are going for the knockout of every statue maker out there. This is crazy.

Helmets won't be detachable. These are sent as kits as you can see from the pictures. They are painted and assembled by XM and this kit then becomes the prototype which the factory uses to clone into our statue. Almost all statues come like this guys. You just don't see it because XM is the only company out there that shares these WIP pics with their fans prior to the product being finished. Just some knowledge for yall in case you were wondering. Trust me when I tell you this Thanos is going to blow your minds. It's a close comparison to Hawkeye in execution. They were both made to perfection. Get your PO engines ready because he's gone within 24 hours. No doubt about it.

Back