XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO if XM continues to put our great product....they will eventually force other companies to re-evaluate the quality of their product offerings. I'm just not sure XM has been around long enough to force competitors to re-evaluate their production strategies at this point and time. That type of insight usually occurs only when a new company has been around long enough to meaningfully cut into the bottom line of existing competitors.

I think we are all hoping that the introduction of XM into the collectibles industry will force SS to step up their game. However, for that to happen SS' management needs to believe that XM's product offering significantly threatens their revenues, margins, profits, and market share. At this point and time, XM is still introducing themselves to the market so I'm betting that SS does not consider them a threat at this time.

I agree. But I feel like we have already seen proof of sideshow attempting to step up QC since XM cap shipped.

:lol First symptom of an XM jones. Hahaha!

I. Need. Statues!
giphy.gif

Really? I support SSC but I don't see any improvement in their QC.

The delays on virtually everything. I just can't believe it's because they are still pushing out other statues. Just speculation of course, but I feel like possibly they slowed down production and told their factories to up the game.

IMHO if XM continues to put our great product....they will eventually force other companies to re-evaluate the quality of their product offerings. I'm just not sure XM has been around long enough to force competitors to re-evaluate their production strategies at this point and time. That type of insight usually occurs only when a new company has been around long enough to meaningfully cut into the bottom line of existing competitors.

I think we are all hoping that the introduction of XM into the collectibles industry will force SS to step up their game. However, for that to happen SS' management needs to believe that XM's product offering significantly threatens their revenues, margins, profits, and market share. At this point and time, XM is still introducing themselves to the market so I'm betting that SS does not consider them a threat at this time.

If XM gets license to distribute worldwide, then SS will feel their market share becoming just a little smaller.

Haha. I have to be, I'm still waiting on cap, hulk, Thor and ironman! Haha

Nothing wrong with being an optimist...but I'm just not convinced that SS saw the first Marvel release from a new competitor that cannot ship to the US and then made a strategic decision to focus on quality control. I guess I don't give SS that much credit....lol.

But that doesn't mean SS does not hear the positive chatter about XM and at some point is forced to make some improvements.

They have stated several times in the past that 999 is the cutoff. I know what you mean though. These are becoming harder and harder for collectors to get. Not so different from PCS and their SF line though. Those exclusives sell out in less then an hour. I think Ryu sold out in 20 minutes. PCS has the regular versions as well. Maybe XM will do something similar in the future. I'm sure they are trying to drum up ideas as we speak. It's a fine line that's for certain . Some of the hype surrounding their releases has to do with the scarcity of these statues. Higher ES is probably not the way to go IMO. I am curious to see what happens in future releases as well

Thanks for letting me know about the current 999 cap. also thanks to others for their input. I know I was ranting, it's just frustrating at times as we all know. Price and availability and of course quality are the biggest things that come to mind. glad to see quality for our hobby is gaining more traction and am thankful for the competition it brings. I just want some of these beauties without stressing if I complete the teams I want etc.

I understand concerns about compromising quality. however, think about it this way. what about 1,000 of the same statue over a 2 month period instead of 500 of two characters in the same two month period. gives them more time to work on concepts and executions between runs and also helps increase the profit from an execution of a product that is already up and running. I know we all want a lot of characters. But I would imagine that many would be okay with having that extra month for financial reasons and for the time to figure out space, etc. I think that either the team will get burnt out trying to make a character every month or that people purchasing will run out of momentum to afford all the ones they want month after month. a statue a month from XM will cost more than most monthly car payment.

What I'm trying to say is, I really want a wolverine and a thanos statue for less than a grand each. :wink1:

If XM gets license to distribute worldwide, then SS will feel their market share becoming just a little smaller.

Agreed...the key is can XM eventually secure those rights.

Let's be honest...SS is the big 800lb gorilla in this industry...and with great market share comes great leverage.

So let's say that for the next couple of years XM just knocks the ball out of the park with all of their releases. Customers are thrilled with XM and there is strong momentum behind the idea of allowing them to sell Marvel product in the states. If it gets to the point where there is a possibility that Marvel actually allows XM to sell product in the US...what would SS do?

One possibility is that SS could use it's leverage to renegotiate with Marvel. Perhaps SS offers to increase the licensing fee paid to Marvel in order to ensure that certain competitors are not allowed to sell Marvel 1/4 scale product in the US. Big companies like Marvel and SS cut deals like that all the time.

This may not be the best analogy...but think about the situation with Directv and the NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm sure every major Cable operator would love to get their hands on the rights to broadcast Sunday Ticket. However, Directv knows offering Sunday Ticket provides them a huge competitive advantage. Directv has to excessively compensate the NFL in order for the NFL to forgo revenues they would receive by allowing the rights to Sunday Ticket to be sold to cable operators.

Before anyone thinks I am bashing XM Studios...let me assure you that is not the case. I am anxiously awaiting my first two XM pieces, and definitely plan on securing Thanos. I'm simply discussing a possible course of action that SS may consider if XM starts to become a major threat. Another possibility is that XM secures the rights to sell product in the US and then signs an agreement with SS to distribute their product...a tactic utilized my many manufacturers. That may be a palatable situation for SS as well because they would receive a percentage of XM product sold in the US.

The delays on virtually everything. I just can't believe it's because they are still pushing out other statues. Just speculation of course, but I feel like possibly they slowed down production and told their factories to up the game.

And the answer my friend, luck is a flower in the wind, pluck it. :rotfl:wink1:

A license to distribute worldwide is just a question of money and XM makes money at this days. so it will come. Problem for me is, i want the statues now. :yess:

I can see SS distributing XM statues. They've done it with PCS, HT, Prime1, why not XM as well. They dont need to qc, just sell other people product. Next thing you know, they dont even need sculptors. Pure distribution channel :dunno

Will be my 3rd statue from XM.

XM is my wallet biggest enemy now.

This will be in my collection for sure. I just need to find the best person to buy from now. :lol

Back