XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they'll go with an NYC landscape base or something with skulls or a cosmic theme? I think it would be OK to make this more of a stand alone piece given he's more of a cosmic character. Man, it's going to be a long week waiting on that base.

Dunno buddy. They (XM) are keeping a tight lid on developments because of comicon. I can tell you guys to stay tuned for some extremely exciting events!!!!!!!! XM is about to win the hearts of collectors world wide and nothing is going to stop this XM train from barreling through

Told you guys you were in for a wonderful surprise. Six pages deep within 45 minutes? :lol

Base will be ready next week :yess:

I think we even have good ole Andy converted and buying this Thanos

How much did it cost him to get his SSC tattoo removed? :p

:lol :lol great posts James and Eric :clap You know what...I've been watching all these amazing statues coming out by XM and I've had to pass on every single one....why? Cos I'm really into my mixed media and don't really have many fully sculpted pieces in my collection...but when I saw these pics on Facebook I was blown away :thud: I still want that movie based Avengers Thanos PF and I know Sideshow will be releasing one after Avengers 2 next year but I NEED this one too!! That's it guys, I'm sold! XM here we come :rock :rock

ytuzazy8.jpg

uqe9uqy9.jpg

Dunno buddy. They (XM) are keeping a tight lid on developments because of comicon. I can tell you guys to stay tuned for some extremely exciting events!!!!!!!! XM is about to win the hearts of collectors world wide and nothing is going to stop this XM train from barreling through

It's an XM-bulism! They are blowing our heads off! :pow

On that note, what's up with Thor?

Oh it definitely looks good. I'm not saying the helmet-less is poorly done. It is very well done and looks good. I just think Thanos in his armor without his helmet looks wrong in general.

Really, I'm still just lobbying for a contemplative/brooding head sculpt and I won't stop :)

I love this statue, am definitely buying it, but I still want just this one more thing to make it truly perfect.

I do feel that it's a bit redundant. We basically have the same portrait with and without his helmet. I'd be down for a brooding portrait instead. It would give us a more complete range of emotions with the piece. I won't ever display him without his helmet so a brooding portrait works for me personally.

I do feel that it's a bit redundant. We basically have the same portrait with and without his helmet. I'd be down for a brooding portrait instead. It would give us a more complete range of emotions with the piece. I won't ever display him without his helmet so a brooding portrait works for me personally.

Good point and I'm with you! :hi5:

Like others have said a stoic expression is needed as well. He seems like a kid that got a cookie in the pose holding the Cube in both hands.

Without a stoic expression, grinning with the Infinity Gauntlet is how i'd pose it. Man, I can't afford this right now but I sure do want it.

Like others have said a stoic expression is needed as well. He seems like a kid that got a cookie in the pose holding the Cube in both hands.

Thanos is all about acquiring power. He's spent his life doing it. He has in his possession, the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube at same time. Nothing in the univese even comes close to the power Thanos is wielding. I can totally see him breaking out in a big ass grin knowing he's finally gotten everything he has ever dreamed of. That said, I still think a brooding portrait would be the ultimate way to top this piece off. We'd have it all that way.

This is why I believe ink is swearing off XM pieces. Can you imagine the cost of removing that MASSIVE tattoo?

That's beyond tattoos, you're speaking blood transfusion and gene engineering :lol

:lol :lol great posts James and Eric :clap You know what...I've been watching all these amazing statues coming out by XM and I've had to pass on every single one....why? Cos I'm really into my mixed media and don't really have many fully sculpted pieces in my collection...but when I saw these pics on Facebook I was blown away :thud: I still want that movie based Avengers Thanos PF and I know Sideshow will be releasing one after Avengers 2 next year but I NEED this one too!! That's it guys, I'm sold! XM here we come :rock :rock

ytuzazy8.jpg

uqe9uqy9.jpg

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Thanos is all about acquiring power. He's spent his life doing it. He has in his possession, the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube at same time. Nothing in the univese even comes close to the power Thanos is wielding. I can totally see him breaking out in a big ass grin knowing he's finally gotten everything he has ever dreamed of. That said, I still think a brooding portrait would be the ultimate way to top this piece off. We'd have it all that way.

But he's not all about acquiring POWER. He wants to be a god, and a big part of that desire is the desire to be loved like a god, feared like a god and more importantly, to possess infinite knowledge like a god. What always made Thanos so interesting to me is that he has existential goals equal to his physical goals. Mass murder and destruction are just how he always felt he would best be able to attain the knowledge, love and meaning to his life he craved.

That's why I so want a brooding expression. Thanos' power far outweighs anyone who has ever faced him and Thanos only ever really loses because he defeats himself. He attains ultimate knowledge and power TWICE and doesn't really know what to do with it. He sort of gives it away both times because it doesn't satisfy him because at his core, he doesn't want power, he wants to feel like he has a reason for existing.

Yes, Thanos is the Mad Titan, anger, power, insane glee at seeing hundreds, thousands and even millions massacred (half the universe!) are all a big part of his character. But to see Thanos brooding, glaring at the cube or gauntlet in deep pondering about what the hell is the purpose of such power, why he even possesses it, well, that would make this statue everything that I fell in love with about Thanos.

But he's not all about acquiring POWER. He wants to be a god, and a big part of that desire is the desire to be loved like a god, feared like a god and more importantly, to possess infinite knowledge like a god. What always made Thanos so interesting to me is that he has existential goals equal to his physical goals. Mass murder and destruction are just how he always felt he would best be able to attain the knowledge, love and meaning to his life he craved.

That's why I so want a brooding expression. Thanos' power far outweighs anyone who has ever faced him and Thanos only ever really loses because he defeats himself. He attains ultimate knowledge and power TWICE and doesn't really know what to do with it. He sort of gives it away both times because it doesn't satisfy him because at his core, he doesn't want power, he wants to feel like he has a reason for existing.

Yes, Thanos is the Mad Titan, anger, power, insane glee at seeing hundreds, thousands and even millions massacred (half the universe!) are all a big part of his character. But to see Thanos brooding, glaring at the cube or gauntlet in deep pondering about what the hell is the purpose of such power, why he even possesses it, well, that would make this statue everything that I fell in love with about Thanos.

If you love thanos so much why don't you marry him! :monkey5

Haha just messing with ya. I love your description of the character and his motives. I completely agree with your request.

Wow those pics are beyond amazing. I can't even begin to consider the cost

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back