XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm maybe something like this.

the_avengers__thanos_reveal_01_by_andyparkart-d6q0bhw.jpg

That looks awesome!

I looked up some of the other Thanos statues out there and none have really done him justice. Im more convinced some sort of cosmic base would b awesome. Hasn't really been done yet. At least not how I envision it. Im thinking like the illusive man in mass effect. XM can do a sweet base where it doesn't look cheesy. Heck if I can get this I might commission the look

I looked up some of the other Thanos statues out there and none have really done him justice. Im more convinced some sort of cosmic base would b awesome. Hasn't really been done yet. At least not how I envision it. Im thinking like the illusive man in mass effect. XM can do a sweet base where it doesn't look cheesy. Heck if I can get this I might commission the look

A couple of Bowen pieces look awesome. The one with him on a throne is pretty damn nice.

I personally think all of the BD Thanos statutes look good. I seriously dig and own the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. It's a fantastic piece.

Yeah fer sure Filip. The Bowen Thanos by the shiflett brothers is never leaving my collection. Best representation of Thanos I have seen yet. Took me forever to hunt down a good one

I personally think all of the BD Thanos statutes look good. I seriously dig and own the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. It's a fantastic piece.

Yeah fer sure Filip. The Bowen Thanos by the shiflett brothers is never leaving my collection. Best representation of Thanos I have seen yet. Took me forever to hunt down a good one

LOL.... Should have been more clear...lol. I only know of a couple.. So I should have said the "couple of Bowens I know of". Bowen did some awesome pieces I hope he gets another license.

LOL.... Should have been more clear...lol. I only know of a couple.. So I should have said the "couple of Bowens I know of". Bowen did some awesome pieces I hope he gets another license.

I think there's 4 different Bowen ones. The Thanos on throne. Thanos with infinity gauntlet. Then the did a faux bronze version of that one. And there's also a museum pose they did as well. Thanos got a lot of love from Bowen.

I sold most of my bowen stuff but I still have a decent amount of them. Little smaller and less detailed but some of his 1/6 stuff is on par or better with SS 1/4 scale stuff.

I want Thanos On Throne......... & i think sideshow is going to make that happen.......... Marvel baddies on throne

I think there's 4 different Bowen ones. The Thanos on throne. Thanos with infinity gauntlet. Then the did a faux bronze version of that one. And there's also a museum pose they did as well. Thanos got a lot of love from Bowen.

I sold most of my bowen stuff but I still have a decent amount of them. Little smaller and less detailed but some of his 1/6 stuff is on par or better with SS 1/4 scale stuff.

I agree...I love my bowen Hobgoblin.

In my opinion Bowen is the only company that understands the soul of comics when they translate the characters into statues. Very close to the source material for who loves to read comics. And when you display them together, they look awesome:) Sadly their prices are so high in Turkey...

I agree...I love my bowen Hobgoblin.

Yeah that was a really great sculpt. I regret selling mine. I'll probably pick him up again eventually.

In my opinion Bowen is the only company that understands the soul of comics when they translate the characters into statues. Very close to the source material for who loves to read comics. And when you display them together, they look awesome:) Sadly their prices are so high in Turkey...

Very good post Magnum. I think your spot on

Bowen?! I **** on Bowen statues. Overpriced for sure, none of those should be more then $150 maybe the bigger ones could be $175, if you pay more than that just know that you're getting raped in your ass.

Bowen?! I **** on Bowen statues. Overpriced for sure, none of those should be more then $150 maybe the bigger ones could be $175, if you pay more than that just know that you're getting raped in your ass.

LoL raped in your ass sounds painful man. I'd rather not be a part of that. To each their own Ish. I've paid more then 175 for some of my Bowens and I'm completely content with that. I also pay $700 to 800 for my XM statues shipped which others would say is way too much money for a 1/4 scale statue. I'm also not one if the guys complaining about missing any of them either. Difference of opinion on what's worth what I guess

How do you really feel Ish ::lecture:lol? I have an extensive Bowen collection. Pricing is a relative term, but compared to what you get from other companies these days they have fallen behind. I think they are close to being out of the game anyway. Not to mention when you put something the Sideshow Apocalypse beside a Bowen Apocalypse it looks diminutive and puny not only in size but in attitude. I have both the original Bowen Thanos and the version on the throne. I'm sure the XM is going to absolutely blow it away. And bringing the conversation back to XM's Thanos, I am looking forward to adding this amazing piece to the collection.

Bowen Infinity Gauntlet is the best representation of the character. My only problem with it is the color blue. Way too light. I still won't let it go despite having the sideshow one, and maybe getting this XM one.

In my opinion Bowen is the only company that understands the soul of comics when they translate the characters into statues.
i'll respectfully disagree
i've always thought that Koto/Sosa is the one company that almost always got the "essence" of the character correctly...i guess that's why i'm VERY excited that Sosa has joined the XM team
the one sculptor from Sideshow who i feel belongs in that same category is Schumacher...imho, his work is brilliant...he "gets it"
Sinestro and WW are excellent examples of what i'm referring to

i'll respectfully disagree
i've always thought that Koto/Sosa is the one company that almost always got the "essence" of the character correctly...i guess that's why i'm VERY excited that Sosa has joined the XM team
the one sculptor from Sideshow who i feel belongs in that same category is Schumacher...imho, his work is brilliant...he "gets it"
Sinestro and WW are excellent examples of what i'm referring to

The plot thickens..... Fine post sir! Koto rocks too and Sosa did some of the best Bowen pieces as well. His original Deadpool used to go for big big bucks back in the day. Sosa = Win for all things comic related. Especially Spiderman and Wolverine......

The plot thickens..... Fine post sir! Koto rocks too and Sosa did some of the best Bowen pieces as well. His original Deadpool used to go for big big bucks back in the day. Sosa = Win for all things comic related. Especially Spiderman and Wolverine......

Absolutely agreed. Sosa is one of the best in the business hands down. He's so good with the details, especially body proportion for each character he designs :clap

Back