XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is a 1/4 it's going to be bigger than gladiator hulk correct?

At 1/4 scale, Thanos himself should measure in at 19.75 inches. This doesn't include the base. We have no idea what XM has planned for the base so we don't know how tall the base will be. Hulk is actually taller than Thanos so G Hulk should be bigger than Thanos.

NYC scene makes no sense to me.

I agree but XM may have plans to tie this piece in with their Avengers pieces to form a battle diorama in NYC. They did the same thing with Phoenix. She was made to fit in with the other X-MEN pieces. That's why they have a Sentinel base for her even though Phoenix has no history of battling Sentinels.

In any case, I'd much rather see something more cosmic or skulls for the base with this character.

Him stepping out of a crater would be awesome too. Even if they changed the orange glowing to purple to add cosmic hints. But the NYC setting is important I think

Haha. I feel you man. When I bought my first statue, my ex liked it. Googled it, found out how much it cost. (Luckily she saw the sideshow price and not after market)

Weekend wine and dine on me... Haha. Really hope the next one is more nerdy.

LOL, watch out what you ask for, she might like statues more than you and you'll be fighting for prime display space.

LOL, watch out what you ask for, she might like statues more than you and you'll be fighting for prime display space.

That would not be a problem. That just means split costs on statues. :pray:

Actually, I'll pay for 51% so if we split I get custody.

That would not be a problem. That just means split costs on statues. :pray:

Actually, I'll pay for 51% so if we split I get custody.

:rotfl :rotfl

Base of skulls for me, would also love a Wolverine vs Ninja base design too. Like wanderlei said, so awesome.

Him stepping out of a crater would be awesome too. Even if they changed the orange glowing to purple to add cosmic hints. But the NYC setting is important I think

I don't think so. Not with this character. Thanos isn't associated with NYC. He'd look best as a stand alone piece IMHO and his base should have stronger ties to his character and history. Thanos is from Titan and really doesn't have many ties to Earth. The ONLY reason this piece would have a NYC inspired base is because XM wants to make him part of a battle dio with the other Avengers pieces. I honestly don't think that's necessary. Whatever direction XM chooses to go with the base, I expect them to nail it. I have full confidence that XM will come through for us.

I don't think so. Not with this character. Thanos isn't associated with NYC. He'd look best as a stand alone piece IMHO and his base should have stronger ties to his character and history. Thanos is from Titan and really doesn't have many ties to Earth. The ONLY reason this piece would have a NYC inspired base is because XM wants to make him part of a battle dio with the other Avengers pieces. I honestly don't think that's necessary. Whatever direction XM chooses to go with the base, I expect them to nail it. I have full confidence that XM will come through for us.

Yeah XM just seem to be getting better & better & the crazy thing is there going to improve as time goes on

I remember them asking collectors on FB with what kind of base they should go with after Marvel rejected the defeated hero base. I'm sure there got plenty of great ideas.

The only disappointing thing for me is looking at the list of characters there got in the pipeline. There's so many I want but there's no way I will be able to afford them all with the big shipping fee's & import tax

I can't wait to see what they do for Deadpool

XM is killing the marvel line! SS has a few good marvel statues but many of them to me had issues like rogue, psylocke, spider woman, and I didn't like their wolverine too retro looking for me, jean grey, white queen may or may not be good, etc.... Too many issues with marvel. Mark Newman saved storm which was like the only good marvel statue I liked in a long time as far as females go. Then I didn't like punisher because he was a bit more like 1/5 and tore skinny than some of the female statues. At least XM can fill in some characters we need for marvel.
Speaking of thanos, we don't even have one 1/4 one yet. At least now we can have more options. Love the extra options now instead of only having just one company to buy from. If this and wolverine looks as good as the magneto. We will all be in for a treat! If XM gets bigger and bigger. The sky is the limit with maybe a 1/4 scale DC and movies license. Then hopefully they can get noticed and have these in the USA retailers in the future.

ZbUMzO.jpg
I would like the base to be the shrine he builds for death.

Geez! Kain that'd be like $1500! Haha

Well I'm not saying build the whole shrine. Just like the stone steps and maybe the face of death statue broken or something like that. Besides build the whole base and it would cost more like $10,000. Which is a little out of my price range. :rotfl

Does anyone know if XM will start to increase their edition size on these statues? I know it's a fine line and many like the rarity of these pieces. But dang it, I just want one of each comic based xm statue without having to bend over backwards and without having to lose sleep worrying about securing orders. I might have to just move to Singapore before I start having panic attacks.

Back