XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM is gonna blow holes in this industry. All their planned sculpts have the potential to be the best representations of those characters ever released in statue form.

My concern/hope is that XM continues on this hyper detailed path & succeeds in marrying the hyper real with these comic characters, especially when it comes to their portraits. Though XM Capt. America is a fine sculpt, I think the weakest aspect of the piece is cap's face/head sculpt. XM Black Widow has the same problem/ shortcomings. They just seem too comic/plain oriented, when they could have given them a more realistic look, with more detailing & shading. It would have retained the comic look, but would have elevated them to true "grail" status.

Thank god the fans would not settle for the initial plain/generic portrait rendition of the Magneto sculpt. With fan input, the facial sculpt/details were vastly improved, giving the character a much more intense, detailed, 'grown-up' presence. So lets keep up with the constructive XM critiques, raising these works to the level we all deserve.

P.S. Also never liked XM Hulk, as the character's portraits were also too comic/generic oriented. The portraits have to match the amount of detailing XM puts into the body sculpts & bases of these statues. If Magneto is an indication of things to come, we are all going to be treated to the best statues ever released. I believe XM has, or will make this portrait connection, lest we make them forget.

The problem is shipping. These come from Singapore, and for NA collectors it ends up being a high cost for shipping and taxes

Oh I totally understand that, but I am assuming an etailer is trying to make more of a profit then say someone on the boards helping fellow collectors. Could be wrong

Damn, this is really looking awesome, I love the helmeted smiling HS. Thanos is by far my favorite super villain and this looks to be the definitive version. I just hope I can afford it (hell, I'll sell some pieces if I have to). I passed on the SS diorama with Mistress Death because I just didn't care for the face sculpt, but the XM version nailed it.

Does anyone know if SS has a Thanos PF in the works? I'd like to see what they could offer, but with how good this one is turning out it's gonna be tough to beat - especially if the paint aps are as good as the sculpt.

2 things...

this looks freaking awesome
this company is going to bankrupt me

Damn, this is really looking awesome, I love the helmeted smiling HS. Thanos is by far my favorite super villain and this looks to be the definitive version. I just hope I can afford it (hell, I'll sell some pieces if I have to). I passed on the SS diorama with Mistress Death because I just didn't care for the face sculpt, but the XM version nailed it.

Does anyone know if SS has a Thanos PF in the works? I'd like to see what they could offer, but with how good this one is turning out it's gonna be tough to beat - especially if the paint aps are as good as the sculpt.
Alex said that they'd be revisiting the character in the future ( a PF has yet to be made)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Alex said that they'd be revisiting the character in the future ( a PF has yet to be made)

If and when SS gets around to it, I doubt it will have anywhere near as many display options as XM's. That alone would most likely make this one worth it for me.

If and when SS gets around to it, I doubt it will have anywhere near as many display options as XM's. That alone would most likely make this one worth it for me.
But the paint apps and sculpting will be better on the faces and it won't cost $800 for a 20" statue

But the paint apps and sculpting will be better on the faces and it won't cost $800 for a 20" statue

Like I said earlier - I didn't care for the face sculpt on the SS Dio previously so that remains to be seen. If XM can maintain this level of sculpt to the final production piece along with paint quality to match, then I'd be more than happy to dish out the cash for it. Especially if it's a set ES from PO and not some TBD BS.

I know Thanos is far from done, but I really like the direction XM is taking it so far.

Last edited:
I'm not a big enough fan to go after this piece, but wow does it look good!! Hope XM can keep this up as their pieces continue to amaze.

Off the topic question - I've heard rumblings that XM may be acquiring a DC license? Is there any truth to this? A Superman XM would be a must for me.

This so far has been the only xm piece I am considering...Ido hope SS puts one out before I decide on it, shipping is going to be brutal

Like I said earlier - I didn't care for the face sculpt on the SS Dio previously so that remains to be seen. If XM can maintain this level of sculpt to the final production piece along with paint quality to match, then I'd be more than happy to dish out the cash for it. Especially if it's a set ES from PO and not some TBD BS.

I know Thanos is far from done, but I really like the direction XM is taking it so far.
Just said that cause their Mags statue looks impeccable but the face sculpts and the paint on them looks like something Gentle Giant did 5 years ago. The helmeted head looks like he's been dead for those 5 years. Other than that, i think the paint and sculpting is Amaaazzing. Still wouldn't pay $800 bucks for that, just my opinion. Doesn't mean I'm right and it doesn't mean I'm wrong. I hope Thanks comes out amazing. If he's to MY liking it will be my first XM piece. I was hoping that it would be Mags but for a 1/4 at that price I expect more

Price is what you pay, Value is what you get

(Warren Buffet)

I have two XM statues now and they were both worth every penny I paid for them.
Which ones do you have bro?

Bingo Bango

Hulk just showed up today. I'll get pics up later when I'm home. Exactly like others have said. In hand he looks amazing. Wait till you guys see the vid. I think it will sway some fencers

Bingo Bango

Hulk just showed up today. I'll get pics up later when I'm home. Exactly like others have said. In hand he looks amazing. Wait till you guys see the vid. I think it will sway some fencers

Dang Hulk in the house already? Can't wait for the pics/video.

Whoa!!!!! Hold up there buddy!! You don't think Thanos won't cost $800? Seriously! He's bigger than Hulk and Apocalypse damn near. I guarantee you money if SS ever gets around to doing a Thanos PF, not only will he cost more than $599 (SS prices increase every few months it seems), he might cost much more...say $649-$699. Take my situation...I'm in California....not 50 miles from SS. This is what it will cost me.....and I'll be kind let's say he will cost $599....

Statue = $599
Tax = $60
Shipping = $40.

Do the math.......$699. In my book, it might as well be $800. What you fail to take into consideration is SS will have MUCH LESS options, MUCH POORER QC, MUCH LONGER DELAYS, MUCH POORER PACKAGING, and in the end (going from previous recent Marvel releases) SS WILL CHEAP OUT ON MATERIALS (Gladiator Hulk PF as an example) thus not supplying peeps with the product they all expected to receive. I forgot to mention SS's edition size will be 20000 by the time they make him.

Oh and by the way, Thanos is not a small statue dude. Without a base he is already pushing about 22" similar to the Hulk. Secondly, I think his base will be something to where he might be standing on a mound of skulls and will more than likely push his total height up another 3"-5" minimum. THIS IS A BIG STATUE.

Last edited:
Back