XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol great posts James and Eric :clap You know what...I've been watching all these amazing statues coming out by XM and I've had to pass on every single one....why? Cos I'm really into my mixed media and don't really have many fully sculpted pieces in my collection...but when I saw these pics on Facebook I was blown away :thud: I still want that movie based Avengers Thanos PF and I know Sideshow will be releasing one after Avengers 2 next year but I NEED this one too!! That's it guys, I'm sold! XM here we come :rock :rock

Oh bro your my dude Andy. You have a marvelous collection and I'm happy your coming over to the dark side even if it's for one fully sculpted XM statue

It's an XM-bulism! They are blowing our heads off! :pow

On that note, what's up with Thor?

:monkey3. Something tells me this may be a rhetorical question my friend..... There have been rumors floating the net but I am in no way the person to confirm the status of this project. However I've been told that SGTCC holds some extremely exciting events for fans of XM to behold

Cost definitely should not exceed Magneto. I'm hoping in fact that Magneto is going to be a little bit of a one-timer in terms of his cost, due to the excessive size and intricacy of his base to go along with the figure. I hope that he doesn't represent a new price point and that these other statues like Thanos that are basically just the character and a standard base, no ornate throne that's kind of like a whole new statue in itself, are more in line with Captain America/Hulk pricing.

10615483_1432193427001352_7832965365625928998_n.jpg

10622857_1432193327001362_4839714320863737656_n.jpg

10659382_1432193193668042_1899795088932068827_n.jpg

10599151_1432193120334716_8576436703495798367_n.jpg

This looks fantastic!!

First XM studios statue I've taken real notice too.

Oh bro your my dude Andy. You have a marvelous collection and I'm happy your coming over to the dark side even if it's for one fully sculpted XM statue

Thanks James :) always a pleasure to read your feedbacks on my thread and may I say your collection is also second to none bro :1-1: Glad to be a part of a great community here and can't wait to jump on the XM EXPRESS choo! choo! :woo

By the way, I'm not giving up on XM doing more Iron Man stuff aswell as a Spiderman or Venom :rock

Thanks James :) always a pleasure to read your feedbacks on my thread and may I say your collection is also second to none bro :1-1: Glad to be a part of a great community here and can't wait to jump on the XM EXPRESS choo! choo! :woo

By the way, I'm not giving up on XM doing more Iron Man stuff aswell as a Spiderman or Venom :rock
Just the thought of a XM Spiderman has me really excited

It really makes me wonder what kind of ideas they will come up with for him. How will they pose him. What kind of base/dio will he be on?

The only bit I won't like is the part of trying to secure him because these things sell like hot cakes & there isn't many of them when you consider there es

But he's not all about acquiring POWER. He wants to be a god, and a big part of that desire is the desire to be loved like a god, feared like a god and more importantly, to possess infinite knowledge like a god. What always made Thanos so interesting to me is that he has existential goals equal to his physical goals. Mass murder and destruction are just how he always felt he would best be able to attain the knowledge, love and meaning to his life he craved.

That's why I so want a brooding expression. Thanos' power far outweighs anyone who has ever faced him and Thanos only ever really loses because he defeats himself. He attains ultimate knowledge and power TWICE and doesn't really know what to do with it. He sort of gives it away both times because it doesn't satisfy him because at his core, he doesn't want power, he wants to feel like he has a reason for existing.

Yes, Thanos is the Mad Titan, anger, power, insane glee at seeing hundreds, thousands and even millions massacred (half the universe!) are all a big part of his character. But to see Thanos brooding, glaring at the cube or gauntlet in deep pondering about what the hell is the purpose of such power, why he even possesses it, well, that would make this statue everything that I fell in love with about Thanos.

You are spot on about EVERYTHING you said. However, no one worships or fears a powerless god. Thanos knows that through acquiring power, he can then begin to accomplish his goals. Without the Infinity Gauntlet or the Cosmic Cube, all he can really do is sit and scheme to acquire them or some other object that will help him in his mission. It is not easy work trying to get ahold of even one of the infinity gems. The work required to get all six of them and the Cosmic Cube...I can certainly see him breaking out in a BIG ASS grin when that moment happens. Again, I fully support your desire for a brooding head. I want one myself. It's a part of his character and I believe it's needed for this piece. Certainly more so than a duplicate helmet-less portrait. A brooding portrait would make this piece complete in my book.

Just the thought of a XM Spiderman has me really excited

It really makes me wonder what kind of ideas they will come up with for him. How will they pose him. What kind of base/dio will he be on?

The only bit I won't like is the part of trying to secure him because these things sell like hot cakes & there isn't many of them when you consider there es

I love this thanos. But if they do a swinging spiderman... I'm buying it.

One of XM's mantra is no hollow, right? So this motha' is solid? Dayumm.

I'm assuming it's going to be the basic statue rate.

Haha....not! Try the same as Magneto. What I haven't seen anyone mention is how heavy he is going to be. A few of us have already heard word he is heavier than the XM Hulk statue. We are probably looking at somewhere in the area of 60lbs for this statue (actual weight).

60lbs is cool to hear. But I definitely don't want my collectibles that heavy haha

Damn. I don't know why but it did just occur to me that if he is truly 1/4 scale he is going to be like like 20 without the base, so 22" or more depending what base they go with.

This thing looks amazing. They are crushing sideshow marvel stuff. I'm glad I don't have any interest in the character.

This thing looks amazing. They are crushing sideshow marvel stuff. I'm glad I don't have any interest in the character.

Wish I could say the same. Especially with their villains. Mags and Thanos are a top priority for me and both of those pieces are grand slams in my book. This is gonna hurt my wallet and who knows what other surprises XM has in store for us. If they release a Green Goblin...I'm done! My wallet will officially cry and beg for mercy.

Wish I could say the same. Especially with their villains. Mags and Thanos are a top priority for me and both of those pieces are grand slams in my book. This is gonna hurt my wallet and who knows what other surprises XM has in store for us. If they release a Green Goblin...I'm done! My wallet will officially cry and beg for mercy.

You can kind of feel it in the air...it is just a matter of time before XM and Erick Sosa start pumping out Spiderman and his merry band of villains. Here is to betting Green Goblin will be one of the first villains done. From the sounds of it....seems like Sosa loves Hobgoblin...so who knows maybe one of them will be first out of the gate. It's all good in my book!:clap

You can kind of feel it in the air...it is just a matter of time before XM and Erick Sosa start pumping out Spiderman and his merry band of villains. Here is to betting Green Goblin will be one of the first villains done. From the sounds of it....seems like Sosa loves Hobgoblin...so who knows maybe one of them will be first out of the gate. It's all good in my book!:clap

Yeah, I definitely feel it in the air. Honestly, I'd be more than OK with Hob Gob getting released first. As much as I want a GG, I can wait about a year or so for one. It'll give me the chance to clear some of my other PO's off the books. I only want my 6 most favorite Marvel villains in 1/4 scale. I had zero of them in my collection a year ago. Now I have the Red Skull and Apoc PF in my collection. The XM Mags on PO and hopefully I'll be able to secure Thanos. I'll also be ordering the SSC Doom soon (really like that piece despite the bland base). That just leaves me needing a Green Goblin. That's 5 characters out of the 6 I want, all added within about a year. Damn, I NEVER saw that coming. I gotta catch my breath and XM shows no signs of slowing down. :lol

Last edited:
Back