Possible Oblivion Jack Harper figure from Play Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are definitely trying to rebrand it but still not alienate those that liked it in the theater. But I don't think it's an "official" name change.

All I'm getting from that is exactly what I said...the slogan is on the box art but the title is still there. The slogan is just larger :dunno:

It's not simply a bigger slogan on the box. They are branding it as "Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow", If you didn't know what the movie was called, and you saw the box, you'd think the title was Live Die Repeat.

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Die-Repeat-Edge-Tomorrow/dp/B00KW27K4K
https://www.redbox.com/movies/edge-of-tomorrow

It's being submitted on Home Video with a new title.

It's a very strange idea, in that they're keeping Edge of Tomorrow on the box, seemingly in an attempt to assure people who liked the movie, that it's still the same film, but trying to get new viewers by changing the name.

Apparently that was the idea initially but they were worried there was "a negative connotation" with using the word "kill" in the title of a movie....

:lol If that's such a concern, maybe they shouldn't have had the protagonist die over and over and over and....

It's just another symptom of the bean counters making decisions that should be left to the film makers.
You can imagine what goes on. The people who are putting up the money have slight concerns, and if the director doesn't have enough clout, they might cave and let a bad decision go unchecked.

Don't know why we don't see more official Tom Cruise stuff.
He is all about the cash and Medicom has licensed his likeness and movie rights for Mission Impossible.
Maybe he is just too expensive?

An Oblivion Jack with his flying craft would look amazing!

Don't know why we don't see more official Tom Cruise stuff.
He is all about the cash and Medicom has licensed his likeness and movie rights for Mission Impossible.
Maybe he is just too expensive?

An Oblivion Jack with his flying craft would look amazing!

Rumour is he doesn't like licensing his likeness. Perhaps Medicom was okay because it's Asian market only. Or they got the movie license but not his - the portrait's not dead-on or anything.

Rumour is he doesn't like licensing his likeness. Perhaps Medicom was okay because it's Asian market only. Or they got the movie license but not his - the portrait's not dead-on or anything.

ah interesting, hadn't heard that. Cruise didn't strike me as someone who would be finicky about that sort of thing.
Maybe Scientology has something about Xenu being able to enter your soul through dolls with accurate likenesses? :)

ah interesting, hadn't heard that. Cruise didn't strike me as someone who would be finicky about that sort of thing.
Maybe Scientology has something about Xenu being able to enter your soul through dolls with accurate likenesses? :)

Not to stereotype or anything, but Scientologist celebrities are extremely savvy about money - it could be that no one has ever been able to pay what they're asking for likeness rights. Although it looks like NECA has worked out the Travolta problem for their Pulp Fiction line.

Not to stereotype or anything, but Scientologist celebrities are extremely savvy about money - it could be that no one has ever been able to pay what they're asking for likeness rights. Although it looks like NECA has worked out the Travolta problem for their Pulp Fiction line.

I'm not sure I'd call it savy if you're pricing yourself out of ever being produced, but I get what you're saying :)

I'm not sure I'd call it savy if you're pricing yourself out of ever being produced, but I get what you're saying :)

Well, if you're Tom Cruise or John Travolta, do you care about $5 per figure for a 5000 run? It's not even worth the time it takes to sign the document.

Headsculpts from "other" companies are usually off, but this one is surprisingly good.
(I wouldn't say the same about the movie)

Headsculpts from "other" companies are usually off, but this one is surprisingly good.
(I wouldn't say the same about the movie)

Maybe be you just didn't get it!
It was an incredibly intricate and finely woven story.
It ranks amongst the highest caliber of scifi in my opinion, just because of the backstory and attention to detail by the film makers.

Back