Stargate Reboot Trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they steer clear of the tv show material. I didn't much care for it. Bring back Spader and Russell!

Best part about the movie is that it launched theTV series

SG-1 with MacGuyver was the best.
Universe was pretty good.
The movie is ranked about here
Atlantis was meh.

THOUGH, I will say that Season one of SG1, was pretty meh itself. the show didn't really find itself untill it was moved to Sci-Fi Channel.

Emmerich didn't like much of the way they took the series, i'm not sure why they need to reboot it and not just make a direct sequel to his film where O'Neil finally goes back to the desert planet where he left Jackson 20 years before. It would make it totally different to the series because there'd be no SG-1. no Stargate program, no fighting Rha's various fellow Goa'uld. Because its still virtually a blank canvas you could still have O'Neil leading a younger USAF Special Forces unit and Jackson could now have kids.

Why is everything announced as a trilogy in advance these days? Strikes me as overly confident.

Yeah, unless they are filming them all back to back and releasing them in immediate succession there's always the risk of them setting themselves up to look idiotic like they did with Terminator: Salvation.

Yeah, holding back all the best stuff for the next 2 films so the first film completely underwhelms and you never get to make the next 2 films. :slap

Did they ever say how T:S was supposed to pan out if they made the 2nd and 3rd films? I heard some crazy stuff like a full terminator invasion in modern day Paris or something like that.

I had forgotten about that. That would have been stupid so maybe it's best they never got 'round to making it.

Why it evidently didn't cross anyone's mind to simply turn the T2 deleted future sequence into a movie (emphasis on 'a' movie) is beyond me. Just show the expected story, you don't need to retcon or make up new twists.

edit - Briefly forgot this is a Stargate thread sorry

Why is everything announced as a trilogy in advance these days? Strikes me as overly confident.
Must be a means of pitching something to the studios for funding purposes. If they just thought one Stargate movie was coming, producers may never have pulled the trigger at all. But the prospects of a big time trilogy, where each movie capitalizes on the last one?

Stargate Shmargate. Hey a-dev did I ever tell you why I consider T1 superior to T2? :monkey3

That's actually why I was surprised you put Aliens in your top 5 movies list over Alien. Aliens is the T2 of that franchise. And its ****ing brilliant innit?!

Last edited:
Forget Star Gate.... I just read that they are making a trilogy reboot of Battle Beyond the Stars! With the original cast! :yess:

Oh wait, they're already doing that with Star Wars....

Back