Statue Apatosaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the exception of the first diorama of this line, the production pieces had rather sloppy paint jobs compared to the prototypes - and I currently have every original versions (except for the Euoplocephalus egg maquette).

I don't know, but their making 1000 of them this time around.

This is the one which I am curious of the most...because it's just orange-brown and white...how good it can actually be? the painting maybe easier than the original.

So it looks like they resculpted the tail... More or less easy to break? I'm still waffling on the new paint scheme. It's maybe a bit too 'loud' for my '80's Dinosaur-sensibilities'... :lol

This big one arrived today, and I'm very happy with it. A big step up from the awful Carnotaurus repaint. With the exception of the head and tail this one is quite well painted. My only nitpick on the body is the white spot above the front leg doesn't match the "cream" colors on the rest of the body, so it looks a tad out of place. But the body and legs really look good and have a lot of color and tone variety in them which doesn't come through as well in these pics. This might be the first of my repaints that actually looks better in person than on camera.

The head unfortunately is a different story. It's a very simple and ugly looking face, but I think that is in part the paint design as well as the paint app. I think I might completely repaint the head a more solid color at some point. The Camarasaurus Vs Allosaurus repaint also had bland faces IMO. I wish they would spend more effort on the head since your eyes are always drawn towards the face of these creatures, especially on the upcoming Tyrannosaurus (are you listening Sideshow?). Pics:

apat1.jpg

apat2.jpg

apat3.jpg

apat4.jpg

Paint apps look to be way better than the new version of Carno. However, I do agree that the head paint apps are a little bland, & as stated, Sideshow should surely realize this, as the portrait of any character, creature, monster, or dinosaur is ALWAYS the most important aspect of any statue.

Holy hell I think those photos bumped that guy right up to the top of my list. He looks beautiful. I'm really having a hard time telling myself I should get the Spino before that one

Thanks for the pics! Looks really nice in my opinion. I wasn't sure what to think of the new coloring but it works well on a statue of that length. I always forget how long it is until I decided to move things around and attempt to find a new place to display it. :)

Hello everyone. I have the original version of Apatosaurus by Sideshow and I thought it would look good next to the new version:) What do you think? Worth it or not:)) ?

PS: Thank you Jerassic for these lovely pictures! Respect!

Back