The Leftovers (New HBO Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who are the people dressed in white? And why are they always smoking?

I stopped watching, but the people in white are the GR, or the Guilty Remnants. From what I understand they chain smoke to bring on their own death more quickly. Not like there aren't much faster ways to accomplish that.

Have no idea why they don't talk, maybe they are supposed to represent those that vanished, like ghosts, and seeing them is supposed to make you remember what happened.

that was a great episode IMO .. I love the insights of the characters .. reminds me on Lost ... was similar great like the one with her brother the priest .. I still don't get it somehow .. but I love the depth of the characters they trying to show

I definitely don't see any LOST in Leftovers, aside from that show and this show having many characters.

Excellent show - last week and this week both had surprising beginnings, which I appreciate. Not an easy show to watch, but excellent nonetheless

Lost in terms of how they take a whole episode to show more about a specific character

while im watching it as well... im have no clue .. its time to get something from this show .. I heard only 2 episodes left ?

I've enjoyed every episode, even though I'm not a big fan of those infrequent ones following only a single character. Hearing only of the premise prior to watching the show, I was indifferent and hadn't given it any thought - once finding out Damon Lindelof was involved, I decided I had to give it a shot, especially since it was produced for premium cable and not broadcast TV.

It's easily my favorite at the moment - and I'm watching some other shows I like very much like Hell on Wheels, Ray Donovan, The Bridge, The Strain and the Last Ship. Just finished up with Halt and Catch Fire a few weeks ago and the slowest/weakest season of True Blood this past Sunday.

As long as The Leftovers can balance the load of questions and answers, I'll keep tuning in. The characters have all been really well done so far and I'm incredibly surprised at how well Justin Theroux has fit as a lead.

This has been a really good season for TV overall, with a number of interesting and sometimes engrossing premieres, not to mention that shows I enjoy are actually getting renewed instead of cancelled. Even the long-shot Welcome to Sweden, which is hands-down my favorite new comedy, has been picked up for a second season - and they haven't even made a single IKEA joke yet.

Last edited:
liked it a lot ! Those flashbacks were fantastic ! Hope the finale one will be as good as this.. then.. the wait .. again..

Back