Lego Simpsons mini-figures review - UPDATED WITH THE REST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Lego Simpsons mini-figures review

Great review as always Mike!

I agree that the blind bags are annoying. I ended up just buying the set on Brick Link to save myself the hassle of squeezing all of those bags.

The house is exclusive to the online Lego Shop and to physical Lego stores, so you won't find it at Target, Wal-Mart, toysrus etc.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Simpsons-House-71006?fromListing=listing

It's a great set and a lot of fun. It's kind of like a doll house. I highly recommend it :)

I sat at TRU with my kids squeezing the bags to try to guess who was who. We must have looked like morons! :lol And we still didn't get the characters we thought we were getting. :slap

They are great, I found them at asda so I bought 8 of them. Ended up with two grandpas but he's great so it's ok. That house set looks great but the price is abit steep.

Yeah the house is very cool if your a massive fan, and at £179 it ain't cheap, they have it displayed in the window of my local Lego store.

I bought the house for my mate's birthday - I'm saving up to buy mine, which hopefully will still be in stock with Lego Oz for a little while yet. Must... have... house :drool

I bought the set off of ebay last week and love them. I'm terrible at feeling the blind bag things. The plastic is just a bit too thick for me, so this was the best route because I would have been too self conscious feeling them in the store and sucked at that too. I tried guessing who I had before opening the bag and only got about half of them right.

I wish we had gotten other Springfielders instead of Itchy and Scratchy though. They turned out well, but they just really aren't part of the rest of the set (save perhaps Krusty). I think I like the worried Maggie better than the House Maggie. It gives her a look other than the blank stare the house version has. I wish more of the house figures didn't look stoned as the bagged figures of the rest of the family are better with normal eyes despite Maggie's normal eyes not looking as good. I gave Maggie one of the numerous extra western pistols I have and have her next to Mr. Burns with it. :D Getting Itchy and Scratchy really makes not getting Smithers to go with Mr. Burns all that much worse. It would be great if this continues into a full line with more sets. Plus I'd love to get more figures like the Crazy Cat Lady and Comic Book Guy.

There is a huge market for these. I just wish they'd drop the blind bags. Does ANYBODY like them? I know I've NOT bought several figures from the line just because I couldn't get the ones I wanted. I think sales would actually increase because people could buy the ones they actually want. Make them available to buy single figures in a case as another option and people would buy tons of the army builder type figures. I'm just afraid if this Simpsons experiment turns out well they'll do this same thing with the Super Heroes or Star Wars lines, which would be great to get more figures that might not work in a set, but terrible because of the blind bagging.

The blind boxed thing has an appeal. It's been a proven method in Asia for a long time. But in the U.S., it usually isn't as effective. Must have worked with LEGO so far, since they started using it prior to this line. Maybe since they aren't too expensive, people are willing to gamble, and treat it as a bit of fun. I'll buy a few if I see them in the store, but also would prefer to just buy the ones I want.

Cool! I didn't know these were out. I picked up the house during the double points period. About the squishy, if you notice the top of Apu's hand is the same size as a stud, so you can pose him with the Squishy sitting on top of his hand.

I hope they have these during the SW promo weekend. I don't mind feeling up the bags in the store, except I know I'll probably be one of many doing that and it gets crowded.

Great reviews. I have the house and it is a great set. Going to check toysrus and see if they have these in. Will be feeling them fun bags up.. :lol

I was going to buy a fair few today but tesco didn't have them:gah: so I'll have to wait until Friday when we go to the local asda.

I found them at TRU this week, and managed to feel my way to another 7. Can't find Burns yet...

I found them at TRU this week, and managed to feel my way to another 7. Can't find Burns yet...

Feel for the pointy nose.

I'm still feeling for Apu's coffee cup, he's the last one I need. Have the feeling I will be caving on the House soon.

Found more at Meijer today, and after feeling up about 3 dozen bags, I had three that I felt pretty confident in. I figured one would be a Burns, and it turns out two were. The third was Apu, which is the second Apu I ended up with thinking it was a Burns. Must be the round head and pointy face...

Got mine in the mail today and they are pretty great. Milhouse and Mr.Burns are my favorite. Mine all came sealed so I tried guessing who was who before I opened them and the only ones I got right were Marge and Bart :lol Glad I didn't even try in the store haha.

Back