XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, he's talking about Mk42 ES got changed from 2k to 4k.

Oh gotcha. **** well if Mk42 gets that many, I would think VII gets at least that much. Either way, I think I'm in for this XM piece. I really love the look of it and don't particularly care about light up features. They are nice and I use them occasionally on my Great Ultron and Galactus but they are wholly unnecessary to me. Whenever I turn them on it's for like 30 seconds, just to see it, or show it to someone, then it goes off.

Oh gotcha. **** well if Mk42 gets that many, I would think VII gets at least that much. Either way, I think I'm in for this XM piece. I really love the look of it and don't particularly care about light up features. They are nice and I use them occasionally on my Great Ultron and Galactus but they are wholly unnecessary to me. Whenever I turn them on it's for like 30 seconds, just to see it, or show it to someone, then it goes off.

XM has been only doing 500 ES, there's some talk that the newer ones might go as high as 1000 but there has been no official word yet... I'm hoping they stay with the 500 ES but I would still buy them even if they upped it to 1000, if they go higher then that I would have to think about it... I don't want to pay $800 for a massed produced statue...

I paid $800 for galactus with an open es. I love the 500 ES too, but a higher ES also allows more time to pick something up for retail price, which, if XM goes gangbusters and releases 8 preorders back to back, I will need. My take on ES is that I like it low, but it's never really a deciding factor in whether I get something I like or not. Besides, a large ES piece can still go way up in value, look at the SS Bowen Chrome Surfer. 2500 ES and goes for like 400% of it's msrp.

I paid $800 for galactus with an open es. I love the 500 ES too, but a higher ES also allows more time to pick something up for retail price, which, if XM goes gangbusters and releases 8 preorders back to back, I will need. My take on ES is that I like it low, but it's never really a deciding factor in whether I get something I like or not. Besides, a large ES piece can still go way up in value, look at the SS Bowen Chrome Surfer. 2500 ES and goes for like 400% of it's msrp.

Re-Sale doesn't matter that much to me when it comes to statues (although it is nice if you can at least break even on what you paid for it), I mostly just like owning something that is semi rare... If it's a certain character I have to have then ES doesn't play a big part in my decision but if I'm on the fence then the ES can play big part in weather or not I buy it...

I do enjoy a nice and low ES, but I either like something enough to want to look at it everyday or I don't. I've tried buying things where the rareness was the deciding factor and I've sold them pretty quickly every time.

Be curious of SS and XM ES on this guy for sure... SS is definitely keeping a close eye on this guy.

He looks good for far, the base is awesome but im not too crazy about the $800 for this guy, gotta see more pics of both this one and the one coming out from SS.

I do enjoy a nice and low ES, but I either like something enough to want to look at it everyday or I don't. I've tried buying things where the rareness was the deciding factor and I've sold them pretty quickly every time.

One more thing that should come, but not always dues, with a lower ES is a better QC...

Yup this will be the Iron Man in my collection. XM is steadily winning my business. I have Cap so far and Magneto/Phoenix will be for sure orders.

The XM proto was nearly complete last we saw. With an amazing base and swap out options showcasing two completely different and equally awesome poses, this will be hard to pass up. Why pass on this and have it sell out when the SSC's proto isn't even ready yet for the VII, and has a very tall task of taking this on head to head?

I can't imagine what the secondary market price for a XM IM would be, and I don't want to. :horror

Sure, it's possible SSC/Legacy can equal or best this product with their Mk VII rendition but judging the protos I've seen their latest IM's aren't convincing me they can, or even want to. They seem content to march out sloppy, rushed protos (Mk 2) or inaccurate pieces (Mk 2, Mk 42, IP) with insane edition sizes of up to 4,000. If anyone wants an SSC piece down the road they'll be easy to find retail. XM, not so much.

SSC's Mk 6 & War Machine Maquettes are my two favorite statues I own, so believe me when I tell you I want to see their new IM line do well. Problem is that they have struggled to produce a solid IM product that matched the proto, and many are plagued with QC issues. Take a read in any IM bust thread: Mk 2, Mk 3, new Mk 6, new Mk 7, and you'll find major QC problems in all of them. The Mk 6 Maquette is known for poor paint on the chin, and faceplate alignment issues. It's a bummer because you'd think that teaming up with Legacy would enable them to really knock IM collectibles out of the park like they do with Hulk, but it just isn't happening.

Last edited:
SSC still has three more armor that we haven't even seen yet... Kind of wondering my the rush to the cliff yet:dunno

Awesome looking statue.....multiple switch out parts and stances and two different ways to display. The main thing is the limited Edition size, the awesome QC and packaging. And now familiarity with XM product.

As to which one I will get...SS or XM...I am still up in the air. I think I need to see both finished pieces before making a decision. Besides, the IM isn't coming out for at least about a year. So no rush on either of them.

The XM proto was nearly complete last we saw. With an amazing base and swap out options showcasing two completely different and equally awesome poses, this will be hard to pass up. Why pass on this and have it sell out when the SSC's proto isn't even ready yet for the VII, and has a very tall task of taking this on head to head?

I can't imagine what the secondary market price for a XM IM would be, and I don't want to. :horror

Sure, it's possible SSC/Legacy can equal or best this product with their Mk VII rendition but judging the protos I've seen their latest IM's aren't convincing me they can, or even want to. They seem content to march out sloppy, rushed protos (Mk 2) or inaccurate pieces (Mk 2, Mk 42, IP) with insane edition sizes of up to 4,000. If anyone wants an SSC piece down the road they'll be easy to find retail. XM, not so much.

SSC's Mk 6 & War Machine Maquettes are my two favorite statues I own, so believe me when I tell you I want to see their new IM line do well. Problem is that they have struggled to produce a solid IM product that matched the proto, and many are plagued with QC issues. Take a read in any IM bust thread: Mk 2, Mk 3, new Mk 6, new Mk 7, and you'll find major QC problems in all of them. The Mk 6 Maquette is known for poor paint on the chin, and faceplate alignment issues. It's a bummer because you'd think that teaming up with Legacy would enable them to really knock IM collectibles out of the park like they do with Hulk, but it just isn't happening.

Awesome looking statue.....multiple switch out parts and stances and two different ways to display. The main thing is the limited Edition size, the awesome QC and packaging. And now familiarity with XM product.

As to which one I will get...SS or XM...I am still up in the air. I think I need to see both finished pieces before making a decision. Besides, the IM isn't coming out for at least about a year. So no rush on either of them.

All reasonable points, and if you have the money to pull in the XM Iron Man you are right there doesn't seem to be any reason not to.

Good times for collectors, we have options for IM. Both SS and XM needs to impress us to get sales :)

If anyone wants an SSC piece down the road they'll be easy to find retail. XM, not so much.

These two points are exactly why I'm planning on placing an order for the XM. I like what I've seen so far and I fear that if I wait around to see if SS can pull off a winner, I'll regret passing on something I know I already want. If SS comes through, I have no doubt that I can easily score one at or around retail (possibly under like I got my Batman PF). I don't see any of us being able to do the same with an XM piece.

Back