<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Man of Steel - General Zod - OMG Photo Review <>

fantastic pics OMG. these pics are really getting me hyped to get this.

WHEN WILL ZOD FINALLY GET DONE journeying across the ocean of stars and finally land here on earth aka my house?!!!!

People with naysaying opinions don't bother me in the least, they probably own figures that they love, to which I would give a responding "meh." Not everything is going to excite everyONE, I am fine with that. They have their collection and I have mine. Spend money on what you love.

Speaking of that, I WOULD LOVE A FAORA HT PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEEE

WHEN WILL ZOD FINALLY GET DONE journeying across the ocean of stars and finally land here on earth aka my house?!!!!

People with naysaying opinions don't bother me in the least, they probably own figures that they love, to which I would give a responding "meh." Not everything is going to excite everyONE, I am fine with that. They have their collection and I have mine. Spend money on what you love.

:goodpost: I buy them because I love the movie's and characters, not because of what anyone else thinks. If you didn't like MoS or don't like Zod why would you buy it anyway? The new Terminator looks fantastic, and I can admire it, but no matter how accurate or amazing it looks I don't collect Terminator so I would never buy it.

YESSSSS Please make Faora!!!!!!:pray:

:goodpost: I buy them because I love the movie's and characters, not because of what anyone else thinks. If you didn't like MoS or don't like Zod why would you buy it anyway? The new Terminator looks fantastic, and I can admire it, but no matter how accurate or amazing it looks I don't collect Terminator so I would never buy it.

YESSSSS Please make Faora!!!!!!:pray:

I have been excited for this figure since I saw the movie. Cannot wait to see him on the shelf.

And add me to the Faora camp!

I'm not one to normally gripe about Hot Toys much or be nitpicky but I just think this figure is a bit of a disappointment. It seemed like the reveals were a lot better looking than the final product turned out to be to me. I'm curious to see if it's any better in hand as I've had a couple before that looked only so-so in the pictures (the DX10 for instance) but turned out to be better in person. I mostly just don't like the expressive mouth on the head sculpt. Plus while I don't doubt that some of the cost is due to the material used for his armor this is a pretty bare bones figure for the price.

Dayum... with this, Iron Patriot, Heartbreaker and WBT Subzero all comin up fast and same time, i'm gonna be eatin ramen for the next month.... Broke, but happy!

You are definitely not the only one to be eating ramen next month but still happy.

I'm not one to normally gripe about Hot Toys much or be nitpicky but I just think this figure is a bit of a disappointment. It seemed like the reveals were a lot better looking than the final product turned out to be to me. I'm curious to see if it's any better in hand as I've had a couple before that looked only so-so in the pictures (the DX10 for instance) but turned out to be better in person. I mostly just don't like the expressive mouth on the head sculpt. Plus while I don't doubt that some of the cost is due to the material used for his armor this is a pretty bare bones figure for the price.

I'm in the same boat with Mike86 and Rorywan. Wanted to love this, but the final product did not meet my initial expectations. Agree that the armor, while nice, does not have the detail and preciseness I expect from a Hot Toys figure. While the helmeted look is cool, the head sculpt is a the deal breaker for me. Sadly, this one is not a very good one of Shannon.

I think it turned out awesome and can't wait for it to get here! Pretty sure there will be a third party head sculpt pop up with a neutral expression. My only nit pick is how you can see the neck a lil too much when the helmet is on bt bring him on. Very nice compliment figure for Supes!!

How are people saying the headsculpt is now a deal breaker? It is the same sculpt from the preview. Were you guys thinking they were going to change it?

The first pic I saw in Facebook looked like an excited fat kid at a birthday party. Anyway, the rest of the pics have sold me but a neutral head is necessary

I was planning on getting this, and the HS, alternate helmeted sculpt, armour details in OMG's photos have convinced me that I will still get this. I loved the movie and his portrayal as Zod. This will look killer with Jor-el and Sups.

How are people saying the headsculpt is now a deal breaker? It is the same sculpt from the preview. Were you guys thinking they were going to change it?
I was just hoping that the in hand pictures would make me like it more I guess. I'm still getting the figure to complete my Man of Steel set. I'm just not as excited for him.

The head sculpt is definitely goofy looking that's for sure, which is too bad because Jor-el and Superman look great.

I wonder if an SDCC exclusive of Zod just in the black under suit is possible.

My biggest concern/complaint is with the size. I have not picked up MoS because of all the size comparisons I've seen, which makes him look anywhere from 6'7" to 7' in HT scale. I have Jor-El who is closer to regular HT scale. So I'd been waiting for Zod to see if the Superman size was perhaps an abberation that would be changed with a black suit DX release. But now it appears that Zod is in that same larger size. Since I have Zod on PO I'll go ahead and see how it looks with the rest of the collection, and if I decide I can live with it (which I probably will) I'll go ahead and pick up Superman. Folks have raved about it so I'm sure I won't be that disappointed with it, I may just end up having to display that line further away and getting creative with Jor-El because for whatever reason HT may have decided to go with a larger scale for the MoS line. That does call into question what will happen with SvB when that line comes out. So the whole thing has beenjust kind of confusing and it doesn't appear there will be an easy answer.

Back